It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 words. Images of northern Spain and its miners in revolt.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

hi, I didn't see your response until now. I don't know if you will even see this but.
Um, no they are not Basque although we share a genetic link and a mutual cultural respect.
They are very over paid. They were honest good people that got the winning end of a stick their grandfathers fought for. They have been facing this problem coming slowly on the horizon since the 80´s. The money that was designated for alternative industries was miss spent with the typical Spanish opulence and corruption we have become known for.

The fact is yes, they have a valid issue. No there is nothing that can be done now....we are broke.

Yes they can protest if they want...I can hear one of the protests now since city hall is down the street from me.
No, most people don't support them anymore, too many missed meetings, lost jobs trains, flights, birthdays, weddings, ect ect.

They need to look elsewhere for work. Period. Or starve OR become mountain rebels and live off the land fighting the civil guard with rockets and slingshots.

They had their moment of truth and fame...and spent it on communist rhetoric.

<< 1   >>

join