It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is Obama Afraid of More? - You Decide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Romney: Obama fears Israeli attack on Iran more than Iran nukes

In hawkish remarks that drew cheers from an audience of religious conservatives, Mitt Romney accused President Obama on Saturday of being more afraid that Israel might attack Iran than that Iran will develop a nuclear weapon.

The Republican presidential candidate, who frequently attacks the administration for failing to back Israel’s government more aggressively, ratcheted up his criticism a notch. He responded with ridicule when asked what he would do, if elected, to strengthen U.S. relations with the Jewish state.

“I think, by and large, you can just look at the things the president has done and do the opposite,” Romney said, to laughter and applause from members of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, an evangelical Christian political organization.

"You look at his policies with regards to Iran," Romney continued. "He's almost sounded like he's more frightened that Israel might take military action than he's concerned that Iran might become nuclear."

STORY HERE

So which is it? Is Obama more afraid of Israel attacking Iran or Iran having nuclear weapons? I think this is a good question, but I think it is a bad statement by Mittens.

I think Obama knows more of what is at stake and what might happen in the long run if Israel attacks Iran. Hopefully Obama is more "in the loop" than Romney is, and might know something Romney doesn't regarding the situation.

As we have speculated here on ATS, an attack on Iran may lead to an all out global war. Maybe Obama knows this and is trying to avoid this at all costs. One thing is for certain, that if Romney is elected in November he will surely attack Iran shortly after he enters office.

What do you think about this statement by Romney?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
...Mitt Romney accused President Obama on Saturday of being more afraid that Israel might attack Iran than that Iran will develop a nuclear weapon.

Any person with a brain SHOULD be more concerned about Israel attacking Iran.

Iran having nukes is no problem for me, or probably anyone else really. Its not like they'd use them unilaterally.
But
Israel attacking Iran, as you say, wil most certainly lead to a huge war.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
ha so wait obama is scared that israel (the puppet masters) are gonna start war before obama has anytime to think twice ?

obama should be scared cause if the master keep controlling him the us citizens might have to be drafted for war with Russia and iran

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yes, that would be the most insanely stupid thing Israel could do. Israel would in effect start a Holy War. Gloves off, rules off, I don't think they would garner much support on the world stage after such an action either.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
These two hate each other, that is just fact. They will come to blows and the only thing we can do is stall it until its someone else's concern.

These two... they really do deserve each other.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good job pandering to your audience Mitt.

Anyone can see that an Israeli attack on Iran would open the floodgates of hell so wide that it would drag the whole world into it. Then again, isn't this exactly what the evangelicals want?

So yeah, shame on Obama for not wanting to start WWIII.

Mitt

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I honestly don't think Mr. Peace Prize cares one way or the other.

His black liberation theology cult in Chicago hates Israel.
I'm sure that any situation that ends with Israel being gone would be just fine with him.
Obviously I can't crawl inside his head ... so this is just my guess based on his
past affiliations.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I looked for the option of not getting re-elected and couldn't find it.

I don't think he is as concerned about anything more right now than his campaign IMO. That's a little worrisome to a lot of folks.

Even though I do not care for the man, I do hope I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
so romeny thinks obama is the bad guy for trying to avert a regional war that would leave thousands or iranians and israelis dead.

romney has also failed to realize that iran has not broken any international law and have allowed nuclear inspectors into their facilities.

they are just exercising their right to build nuclear energy reactors guaranteed to them for being a signatory to the non-proliferation treaty.

just like 72 other countries around the world have. if vietnam and jamaica of all places are allowed to have nuclear reactors, what justification is there for iran not to have one.

it would be a war crime and against international law to attack iran. but then again, when has that stopped the u.s.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why would Iran not use them unilaterally? You do know that the Ayatollah and Amflmiahjab think its their duty to bring back the 12th Imam the Mahdi and nukes will certainly be used. These whack jobs have even claimed to have SPOKEN in person to the Mahdi. And its okay if they have nukes? We're not dealing with rational folks here. I dont see the leaders of the US going around saying they had a meeting with Jesus the other day.

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
...Mitt Romney accused President Obama on Saturday of being more afraid that Israel might attack Iran than that Iran will develop a nuclear weapon.

Any person with a brain SHOULD be more concerned about Israel attacking Iran.

Iran having nukes is no problem for me, or probably anyone else really. Its not like they'd use them unilaterally.
But
Israel attacking Iran, as you say, wil most certainly lead to a huge war.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Why would Iran not use them unilaterally? You do know that the Ayatollah and Amflmiahjab think its their duty to bring back the 12th Imam the Mahdi and nukes will certainly be used. These whack jobs have even claimed to have SPOKEN in person to the Mahdi. And its okay if they have nukes? We're not dealing with rational folks here. I dont see the leaders of the US going around saying they had a meeting with Jesus the other day.

Doesn't matter WHAT they say...actions speak louder than words...the christian right want Jesus back and believe that it means there must be some sort of conflict or show of strength...really, I don't know what they actually think anymore (thank GOD) other than it involves unquestioned loyalty to Israel and therefore hating anyone Israel hates.

And when I say Israel I mean that in the most limited physical reality sense...the 1948 UN created national entity.

So it can be generally stated that the christians want Jesus to come back...the Jews wait for the one that Moses said was coming...and then we have the 12th Iman, etc...ironically enough, it is just as possible that there is one returning who is truly all of those but just one person...as it is possible that it is all just a bunch of mythos and fantasy. It doesn't matter in a level-headed dispassionate analysis of the physical consequences of the decisions of just a few people upon all the rest of the world.

Because regardless of what anyone WANTS or WHY they want to do what they want to do in this situation....the facts are incontrovertible:

Iran has NEVER...and I repeat NEVER NOT ONCE declared war on another country or instigated violence outside their borders or invaded their neighbors. Their singular military altercation was when Iraq took advantage of internal unrest (that the US stirred up) within Iran and invaded Iran. Look this up. It is FACT. Iran doesn't seem likely to want to make war with anyone in light of their entire prior history.

I don't have the time or finger resources to go into any detail about either Israel's national history (both modern as well as ancient) or the United States' history as far as propensity to make war, invade, and otherwise inflict violent and aggressive injury upon other nation states. You can look that up, too, as it is also FACT.

But that is the answer to your question about thinking Iran wouldn't use nukes that they may or may not have unilaterally.

They may not have any at all.
Israel has a lot.
And they won't hesitate to use them if we go along with it.

Temperance is essential here...Obama is a wise man and so is the President of Iran....the rest, I'm afraid, appear to be fools and puppets.

join