It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mcdonalds Advertisement: Cute and Harmless or Evil and Illuminati Style Deception?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rusty1212

Looks to me like the advertisement is using the ideas of "imagination" and "fantasy" as a means to sell a product. If the advertisement can influence you to connect with an overall sense of emotion that is agreeable to you then you kinda sorta agree with the product subconsciously, so now eating crap food McDonald's sounds good.

Or something like that.....

That song was horrible, the whole video was.... uck!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Is this thread for real?!

Seriously... the idea's represented here are extremely stupid!

No conspiracy here, just marketing which is designed to appeal to the "inner child" in people and to try and attatch a magical quality to something that, well... isn't!

Then your all argueing about some teddy bear? Seriously...

There are REAL conspiracies out there and your wasting you time trying to "decifer" a piece of marketing, that's all it is...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
Is this thread for real?!

Seriously... the idea's represented here are extremely stupid!

No conspiracy here, just marketing which is designed to appeal to the "inner child" in people and to try and attatch a magical quality to something that, well... isn't!

Then your all argueing about some teddy bear? Seriously...

There are REAL conspiracies out there and your wasting you time trying to "decifer" a piece of marketing, that's all it is...

yes this is real

maybe its time for you to wake up

this world isnt all pancakes and waffles (no pun intended)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl

Looks to me like the advertisement is using the ideas of "imagination" and "fantasy" as a means to sell a product. If the advertisement can influence you to connect with an overall sense of emotion that is agreeable to you then you kinda sorta agree with the product subconsciously, so now eating crap food McDonald's sounds good.

Or something like that.....

That song was horrible, the whole video was.... uck!!!

It is deeper then that not just a silly thing for imagination and fantasy but evil drugs etc

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What stands out for me is the little children, the little girl walking with the mythical Unicorn. Any corporation which makes its living on the planets resources and desecrates as it goes leaving only destruction and homelessness for villages and wild animals, is evil.

The leggo add in also tells me that it is not about the safety of children but the opposite. It is about a dark river flowing through this planet with only evil intent for all.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What stands out for me is the little children, the little girl walking with the mythical Unicorn. Any corporation which makes its living on the planets resources and desecrates as it goes leaving only destruction and homelessness for villages and wild animals, is evil.

The leggo add in also tells me that it is not about the safety of children but the opposite. It is about a dark river flowing through this planet with only evil intent for all.

interesting ideas

the girl with mythical unicorn is the wierdest to me too !

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

To me the fruit and veggies they offer are the myth! I once got some of the 'fresh' and healthy apples, we sat them in the dash of the car on a hot cross country trip, they stayed 'fresh' and healthy looking for hours through the New Mexico desert. We could not eat them, they just felt wrong in the mouth.

I am sure they are in bed with monsanto and offer everything GMO.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

To me the fruit and veggies they offer are the myth! I once got some of the 'fresh' and healthy apples, we sat them in the dash of the car on a hot cross country trip, they stayed 'fresh' and healthy looking for hours through the New Mexico desert. We could not eat them, they just felt wrong in the mouth.

I am sure they are in bed with monsanto and offer everything GMO.

the salads there are almost as bad as the fries!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

That is scary, really a delusion to think that they represent anything alternative or healthy. By taking away the cookies they replaced them with foodlike stuff even worse for the body and the DNA.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Looks like standard marketing tactics to me as well. The Automotive industry has been trying to sell you on a new life for as long as there has been TV. As for the TED tie in well... Isn't there usually there is always some mention of the actual film ? Pretty weak Tie in but apparently it works if that's what it is. Any one who has a thought process probably knows fast food is the last thing you should eat from a nutritional standpoint. For those worried about these ads going after kids that's not an issue if you are a responsible parent and teach your kids about why this stuff is garbage.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

That is scary, really a delusion to think that they represent anything alternative or healthy. By taking away the cookies they replaced them with foodlike stuff even worse for the body and the DNA.

VERY scary glad someone else feels the same !

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Candycab
Looks like standard marketing tactics to me as well. The Automotive industry has been trying to sell you on a new life for as long as there has been TV. As for the TED tie in well... Isn't there usually there is always some mention of the actual film ? Pretty weak Tie in but apparently it works if that's what it is. Any one who has a thought process probably knows fast food is the last thing you should eat from a nutritional standpoint. For those worried about these ads going after kids that's not an issue if you are a responsible parent and teach your kids about why this stuff is garbage.

did you say STANDARD? have you gone maD?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

agreed.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I know right?

By Mickey D's loves it!

what?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

Originally posted by bg_socalif

It's a Filipino commercial i'm guessing, based on the word "Ko" at the end.. McDonald's is in hand to hand combat with Jollibee for fast food superiority there in the Philippines. McD's is telling them to eat there for breakfast and have a happy day. Filipino's like fast food as much as anyone else.

I was going to ask where this targeted market was, as it's definitely not the US. That said, I assume this ad has been carefully tailored to appeal to the local demographic that McDonald's is trying to "woo". It's just marketing, nothing more, nothing less, as I see it.

Yes, it is a usa ad

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777

Maybe there is some cultural difference thing going on here, but from my point of view as an American it is not a cool commercial. It doesn't make me think McDonald's is cool. The fact is that I love McDonald's and eat there frequently, but this commercial seems sort of gay. I don't think they would play this in the United States.

no you are absolutely wrong this is not just a cultural difference that is your conditioning trying to fit this into your paradigm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join