It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original recipe for Jack Daniels - found in Wales!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Businessman Mark Evans, 54, was researching his family history when he discovered the recipe in a book of herbal remedies.

It was written in 1853 by his great-great grandmother who was called Daniels and was a local herbalist in Llanelli, South Wales.

Her brother-in-law left the Welsh town at about the same time to move to Lynchburg Tennessee where the Jack Daniel's distillery was opened three years later.

And the Jack Daniel's website states the founder of the distillery was from Wales.

Mr Evans says the ingredients in his great-great grandmother's recipe match what goes into the best selling whiskey in the world.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
What a cool thing to find, the original recipe for good ol' Jack Daniels Welsh whiskey. Glad to see that the significance of "Old No. 7 Brand" on the label still remains a mystery...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Looks like Mr. Evans just won the lottery. Read the article and....1+1+1=3 here. Everything really does add up in his favor. Good for him.

So it all started as an herbal remedy. That's the most interesting part to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
i blame this woman for most of my naughtiness

i'm still drunk right now on jd

in fact i'm #ed, i shouldn't be up
salute

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

How very cool, I wonder how long until the recipe.....err remedy "book" goes up for sale to the highest bidder.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
We never know what we can find in old papers.

Many alcoholic beverages started as medicinal products, and even today we can see that many herbs' based medicinal products are based in some special herbs combination and alcohol.

But that article has an error, Jack Daniel's isn't the best selling whiskey in the world, Bagpiper Whisky, from India, sells some 50% more.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And so the fiendish recipe for the ruination of lives world wide has been discovered and was most likely a cureall for what ails you in the olden days.

It's a good thing...

Beats bath salts in it's evil nastiness but hey, cheers!

Now if they can do the same with KFC.. How dare some smug company sell us things that they do not list on the packaging.

new topics

top topics

join