It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new Executive Order the spark.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
edit: www.huffingtonpost.com...

There have been a ton of threads, we have all seen, that suggested Obama won't allow the next election to happen, that suggest our constitutional rights are slowly being sucked away, suggest that, well heck......we here on ATS browse the topics as they scroll down our desktop......My concern, my topic for discussion.....'Is this the lynch pin that ties them All together?' Having listened to the MSM all day regarding the executive order, the issue they presented was pandering to a voting populace......that was not the issue that kept popping to mind.

Let us look at the Obama won't allow next election to occur theory presentws by a few, ie, false flag invasion is the most common thought......One way he would get around this is through state of emergency, civil unrest.

Another topic of common concern, constitutional rights being stripped away...wouldn't this be effectively done by creating a state of martial law hence insight by civil unrest?

Yet another topic, federal vs state rights....a division is what has become blatantly clear is their desired goal, one poster today compared this order to Lincoln's freeing of the slaves......well, we all remember that time in American history, again, civil unrest to the point of civil war.

Other topics in mass about the 99% vs 1%.....again, one more item on the list to create social divide to insight discord between groups....look at the housing bubble, deflation, tax dollar ballout, and now fire-sale post that got my blood pumping thread.....ear-marker of hilter's campaign against the jews, create a rich bad guy that everyone, the 99% can hate.

Tell me I'm off-key, please, because what i see with this executive order is nothing close to political pandering, but more a feather........a spark if you will.....a decision that will bring everything to a head, and truly break the country.

You have Arizona (my current place of residence), in which every political figure head has come out demonizing the president, not just disagreeing, but literally calling him out for a fight. This isn't just a newsworthy event, it is a tide turning event.

The list of other related theories could be listed, but I didn't want to create a book on the OP....please, swing away, and assuage my concerns, because after his speech, i was getting out the car, and said, 'holy crap, the proverbial brown stinky stuff just hit the round spiny thing.'
edit on 15-6-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry. No offense intended, but you sound like you fired-up a load of meth. You appear to refer to a recent EO; if so, which one--and what was the subject of it? And what exactly is your take on this particular EO?

Again: No offense. I just didn't understand what set you off....
edit on 6/15/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wasn't Bush supposed to stop the LAST election with an executive order or false flag just before the election?

link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I'm sorry. No offense intended, but you sound like you fired-up a load of meth. You appear to refer to a recent EO; if so, which one--and what was the subject of it? And what exactly is your take on this particular EO?

sorry figured it was clear which Executive Order has set the everyone off today....my fault

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by pointr97

The only thing that is going to happen. Is what's supposed to happen.

They don't need to declare martial law to keep me from voting.

edit on 15-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

yes, a lot of theories abounded then, and haven't there been a couple that have linked Obama with Bush....but that aside, this isn't one of those, this is a topic based on is his intent to insight conflict rather than what he said repeatedly 'to do what is right'? with all the TSA and ICE hate going on, the gun law issues, the police issues, the banker issues, the rich vs poor....is this the feather that broke the camels back and was designed to set people against each other, states against each other? Tensions are already high, and now you through on a blanket immigration order that will literally split the country.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

sounds more like a pot head than a meth head. i deal with meth heads on a daily basis

but what exact executive order are you talking about

the new one about the illegals?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

what state are you in, they are doing voting roll purges as we speak....might want to check

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by randyvs

what state are you in, they are doing voting roll purges as we speak....might want to check

Apple Valley Ca. Roll purges ? What the /

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

sorry figured it was clear which Executive Order has set the everyone off today....my fault

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah. I see. But I don't really see. I heard about that, but to me it just amounted to unsurprising vote-pandering. I thought there had been a different, particularly heinous EO that I hadn't heard about.

No. This one was just harmless BS. He's either going to win by a landslide or lose by a landslide. I don't think a few immigrant votes are going to make much difference....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Coming to a voting district near you....

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Okay, so from that point, harmless, what does a few votes matter.....I'm with you, i understand your point completely....then why, why make such a decision in an election year? Why completely divide the country in a time when you want to be gathering as many votes as possible not pandering to, as you say, 'a few votes'? What is the real motivation to do this?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The new immigration law will not spark martial law. I'd be concered about martial law if millions of workers were LEFT undocumented and forced to leave.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I only quote the thread title about a "new" Executive Order. It isn't. It is a policy change in a department that is under the Executive branch of Government.

At least that is how it is for now. There is no EO regarding this and only policy shift for the DHS....

I don't agree with it, but show me the EO and I will gladly recant my statements.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Wasn't Bush supposed to stop the LAST election with an executive order or false flag just before the election?

Whatever your opinion of the outcome, all Americans can take pride in the example our democracy sets for the world by holding elections even in a time of war. -President George W. Bush, weekly radio address November 11, 2006

Would it really surprise you if the executive used war as an excuse to usurp power?

edit on 16-6-2012 by METACOMET because: gh

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

If he is not executing existing law and gives an order to subordinate agencies, then it is an executive order....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

reply to post by ownbestenemy

If he is not executing existing law and gives an order to subordinate agencies, then it is an executive order....

You are twisting it -- as I said and you can go and read my posts in the thread that was closed on this issue -- I don't like it. Its pandering nonsense and immigrants are being used as political pawns.

But -- policy shift doesn't equal executive order. While the president did make this a big deal (political in all aspects in my opinion), such statement or presser doesn't make it an EO.

ETA:

If you want to say it is a decree from the Executive office--than fine. But it isn't an Executive Order in the sense of a Constitutional EO.

He basically told Executive level departments (DHS and its subordinates) to not apply full faith and credit to the laws of the United States of America...I have an issue with that.
edit on 16-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Truthfully, I think he's just worried. He's looking under every rock for every vote because he knows how hated he is. He doesn't seem to realize that Romney is equally as hated. He's just doing what his handlers *cough* Jarrett *cough* told him to do.

In the long run, I don't think there's any particular harm inherent in this particular EO--unlike many up to this date. It'll fade away soon enough, and will make very little difference in most of our lives....

Edit: I see that ownbestenemy disputes that this is an EO. I believe he is correct, if this is just a change in policy. An Executive Order is a very specific thing.

edit on 6/16/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Not reading much to actually address the OP, if we could stop splitting hairs with regards to the wording of what he did.

He did order subordinate agencies to stop enforcing and prosecuting existing laws....period, whatever you would like to call it. During an election year, when his approval rating is low, to pander to 'a few votes'....Why, what is the motivation for the act.

Why in the world would he throw this log onto the fire, not a single answer to this.....his handlers, as you reference, would have told him to try and salve over old wounds, not make bigger, deeper ones. What is the point?

The actions result, lets look at the states that would react negatively to this, California (southern end), Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, just mentioning the southern ones.......so tell me.....how many electorate votes are included in a few of the largest voting states? Why piss them off now?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
These illegals they are referring to are more than likely brainwashed into the american dream theory... They want them to stay because it means more money for the corporations and more votes for the elected people who make it happen.

The less job options available for legal citizens, the less the corporations have to compete with eachother for employees. Which would probably lead to less pay, less hours, worse working conditions. Not so very long ago, you could choose where you wanted to work, and if an employer offered low pay, poor hours, and bad working conditions, then they more than likely wouldn't get enough employees to continue business.

I'm all for giving people opportunities, especially if they are good people. BUT, we need to create more jobs first so that we can choose where we want to work. It is so much easier to work day in and day out when you actually like your employer(s). The quailty of service in any business where the employees actually like where they work is so much better! Prove me wrong.

I'm not saying there are not jobs out there, but IMO working for a company you hate just to make ends meet seems just short of slavery.

My 2 cents

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join