It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail Observation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I have been thinking, it would almost be comical to just leave these folks to their theory and let them believe the bad man is out to get them. It's only harm I can see, is that they are "educating" the younger generation into believing in the tooth fairy and such. But if they are that weak in mind, perhaps it's best they can be easily identified. I mean just think about it. A guy comes up to you on the street and starts to tell you all about the evils of chemtrials. you no longer have to wonder what kind of person this is. you know. I say, let them eat cake.

Maybe. Arguing with idiots is rarely productive. But offering an educated perspective CAN be useful. I know I at one time i my very naive youth looked at contrails and assumed they were some sort of government plot. My dad educated me on the basics of cloud formation, etc. I still didnt believe it,but the seeds were planted, and my own critical thinking kicked in.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I don't know, when concrete science is offered to explain why the theory that every line that lasts longer then X minutes is not necessarily a chemtrail is refuted with SHILL! SHILL! SHILL! You kind of have to eliminate intelligent discussion.

Let the believers bask in the glory of their "knowledge". maybe one day, they will get a job in an industry where they can get some first hand knowledge and they they can understand "reality". Until then, fear the planes!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
Consider the height that the aircraft in these video are actually at? In some cases they could be cruising at 7 miles up. Consider the size of the contrail in relation to the size of the aircraft?

And that 7 miles up means that 7 miles the minimum distance to the aircraft. Most of the contrails you see are actually 20+ miles away. If it's anywhere near the horizon then it's more like 50-100 miles away

Here's grid at 35,000 feet viewed from sea level. Notice how far away most of the lines are:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I don't know, when concrete science is offered to explain why the theory that every line that lasts longer then X minutes is not necessarily a chemtrail is refuted with SHILL! SHILL! SHILL! You kind of have to eliminate intelligent discussion.

True enough. "Discussion' isnt possible, but you can offer relevant info and let it marinate.

But I do see your point, too. Letting them wallow in their ignorance is tempting. It's just that I thought we were supposed to DENY it.

And just because the ignorant folks arent willing to be educated doesnt mean others (like me) cant get an enormous amount of info by reading the debunkers. I learn A LOT about aviation and cloud formation from these threads, AND get the sideshow entertainment of the kiddies fumbling with their keyboards.
edit on 17-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I see it as more of a punishment than anything. Like letting you think that if you leave your bed when it's dark, the floor is filled with snakes and they will eat you. Once the kid grows up a bit, he tests the theory and finds out he has been deceived. Maybe one day, these people will learn there are not really snakes on the floor.
Until then they can stay in bed and whine about the snakes.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Quite correct and great graphic. The slant distance can be very deceptive and leads to lots of confusion. This chap in the UK lives under a Military Training Area but can't comprehend why he is seeing aircraft to the north of his location. There are upper air routes to the north of him and this is what he is filming but to him they are directly above him.

edit on 17-6-2012 by tommyjo because: A

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

What I'm wondering is the distance, the sound of the planes were audible when my picture was taken. It may have been a illusion, but I was under the idea, that this was closer to the ground then 33k feet or so.

No problem. Thanks for the reply. Yes they can be down around the mid-20 thousands and producing contrails. As Uncinus has shown distance can be very deceptive and his graphic is a great example. Sound is also very deceptive and subject to lots of variables. Modern high-bypass turbofan engines can be remarkably quiet as designers meet strict noise legislation. Some older types of aircraft have been banned from operating in certain parts of the world due to their engine noise. On some modern engines you will see noise reduction chevrons.

edit on 17-6-2012 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join