It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK welfare boils my blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
OK I just watched a repeat of question time on BBC (England) and some idiot just tried to say everyone unfortunate to be on crappy benefits are problem families or just plain right scum

nothing has got me so angry for a while, for one the benefits are measly and you can barely make ends meet with so how can you live a easy life on benefits and two yes their is a large amount of scum scrounging of the government but the majority will work and do want a job.

I for one do my best to keep busy and it boils my blood seeing someone tarnish the full crowd with the same brush, It gets me really going when someone born with a silver spoon tries to blame societies faults on men and women that just want to live a decent life and are willing to live and work hard....... but no once you get a bit benefits you are obviously scum

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

There are too many people in society who are narrow minded and don't bother to try and see the total picture.

The majority of people that are on benefits are not scum....they are people just trying to survive the best way they can at the moment...many, many do try and they are good people.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The government would never get away with some of the cuts if there had not been a successful campaign of demonisation against those on benefits. They want people to believe anyone getting benefits is like a character out of 'Shamless' .

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
S&F
The problem is that there are some that are scum and abuse the system but when the government is trying to do something about them, they only make life for the honest ones a misery, whilst the scum is still getting away with it.

I also believe that in any functional society there will always be unemployable people. The utopian idea of everyone working is impossible to maintain. People may get angry or jealous of them but really, would they want to live their life like them? Also, even the unemployables are contributing by putting their dole money back into the system by buying trainers and TVs etc. They have to live with the fact that they are useless humans with no skills. However the rest are decent people who have lost their jobs and can't find another one. Why should they be treated like scum?

The same with those on disability. The papers always make them all out to be all scroungers when in fact only 2-3% are lying about their disabilities.
They also have to prove every 12 months that they are still ill and also join stupid work activity groups that do nothing apart from making them worse.
However the lying scum and scroungers somehow never get caught!
It is always those that are honest that get punished, because they are honest. How comes I can spot a dodgy claimant from a mile away but they can't in the job centres?

So yes the whole system stinks and the opinions of the masses are wrong. I blame the newspapers who love highlighting benefit frauds if one comes along every half a year, but they never report on the difficulties and the hardship the majority of real claimants has to go through. The nation would weep if they did.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
S&F
The problem is that there are some that are scum and abuse the system but when the government is trying to do something about them, they only make life for the honest ones a misery, whilst the scum is still getting away with it.

I also believe that in any functional society there will always be unemployable people. The utopian idea of everyone working is impossible to maintain. People may get angry or jealous of them but really, would they want to live their life like them? Also, even the unemployables are contributing by putting their dole money back into the system by buying trainers and TVs etc. They have to live with the fact that they are useless humans with no skills. However the rest are decent people who have lost their jobs and can't find another one. Why should they be treated like scum?

The same with those on disability. The papers always make them all out to be all scroungers when in fact only 2-3% are lying about their disabilities.
They also have to prove every 12 months that they are still ill and also join stupid work activity groups that do nothing apart from making them worse.
However the lying scum and scroungers somehow never get caught!
It is always those that are honest that get punished, because they are honest. How comes I can spot a dodgy claimant from a mile away but they can't in the job centres?

So yes the whole system stinks and the opinions of the masses are wrong. I blame the newspapers who love highlighting benefit frauds if one comes along every half a year, but they never report on the difficulties and the hardship the majority of real claimants has to go through. The nation would weep if they did.

I totally Agree with you it's always the honest who suffer and the scumbags do always get away with it and they seem to play every system they can, but is getting harder to get away with it, Honest people get nowhere near the help "scumbags" get because they are honest about their situation.

I can agree with you to a point about some people can never be employable but most of the time it's the upbringing and failure of child services, school etc that have failed these people abart from a select few such as disabled people.

At the moment I have no paying work so I fill my days with furthering my qualifications anyway I can and I volunteer when I'm not doing that, anything that keeps me busy and moving towards the rat game so to speak.
Today their is a serious problem with the dumb downed society always looking for those to blame or pick at, for instance one of the places I volunteer at has mainly disabled people working their people who otherwise would not have the chance to work.... That does make me feel sad about the one's who are dole wally's as I call them and feel no need to try and work

The courses people are sent on by jobseekers and disability are a outright joke and I personally would stop getting my tiny amount of money rather than waste my time with them, I prefer to acquire my own courses and training you are much better off this way even with the same companies the jobcenter has contracts with.... they don't treat you like a doley and realize your need to learn

top topics

join