It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager charged with terroristic threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Teenager Charged With Terrorism Under Patriot Act After Swearing at Teacher

www.prisonplanet.com... .htm

A student accused of threatening to kill school officials faces a charge of making terrorist threats, authorities said.

Police officers in Jackson County's Blackman Township arrested and jailed the 17-year-old boy Thursday, pending his arraignment.

EDIT: Something happened. Prison Planet is on it.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The original article doesn't ever mention any prosecution under the patriot act.

In some states, it is a specific crime to make threats against an elected official (Judge, sheriff, school board member), or against one of their appointed deputies or officers (i.e. bailiff, cop, or superintendant)

When threatening a public servant, the charge is sometimes worded specifically as

"Terroristic Threat"

Meaning that the threat was intended to keep the public officer from performing his/her job.

In other states, a terroristic threat is one intended to induce fear in a group of people/

Here's and example from Pennsylvania's penal code. (I used them as an example cause you can get their statues and defs online):

� 2706. Terroristic threats.
(a) Offense defined. A person commits the crime of terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly or indirectly, a threat to:

commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another;
cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation; or
otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience.

Much of the wording of "terroristic threat" was introduced in the South in the aftermath of Reconstruction (1866-1876), and was a response to the political situation after the civil war.

In my state (Texas), a "terroristic threat" is Section 22.07 of the penal code:

A person commits the offense of Terroristic Threat if he or she threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with the intent to place a person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Penalty: Class B misdemeanor.

Which can be as minor and personal as threatening to b****-slap up your ex-wife for giving away your lucky bowling ball to her new teenage boyfriend. (That long-haired panty bandit better watch his step after dark.)

So you see, "terroristic threat" describes the style of misconduct, and is not an allegation connection with international insurgency movements.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I was just rehashing the title of the article. Good point though!

new topics

join