It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Guys Heard of This One? Operation Mockingbird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Operation Mockingbird was a secret Central Intelligence Agency campaign to influence media beginning in the 1950s. The operation was first called Mockingbird in Deborah Davis' 1979 book, Katharine the Great: Katharine Graham and her Washington Post Empire. More evidence of Mockingbird's existence emerged in the 2007 memoir American Spy: My Secret History in the CIA, Watergate and Beyond, by convicted Watergate "plumber" E. Howard Hunt and The Mighty Wurlitzer: How the CIA Played America by Hugh Wilford (2008).[1]

Wikipedia article:

en.wikipedia.org...

And:

.Operation Mockingbird: Also in the 1950s to ’70s, the C.I.A. paid a number of well-known domestic and foreign journalists (from big-name media outlets such as Time, The Washington Post, The New York Times, CBS, and others) to publish C.I.A. propaganda. The C.I.A. also reportedly funded at least one movie, the animated Animal Farm, based on the novel by George Orwell. The Church Committee finally exposed these activities in 1975.

www.newworldorderreport.com... ed-and-Extended.aspx

So, it could stem to reason that since the major news media are pretty much shills for TPTB, I'd say that this is still in operation, despite that in 1976 the then director of the CIA, George H W Bush said they would no longer pay journalists to cooperate with the CIA. They may not be paid to do so, but they are doing it voluntarily, or possibly other under pressures that we may not know about.

Whatever those pressures may be.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The search function shows at least 10 pages of results if you would like to read more about Operation Mockingbird.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The fact that the CIA even tried this is damning!
It shows that they have from the outset operated far beyond their mandate!
The CIA has in fact become the main arm of the shadow goverment......at least as far as covert and clandestine
operations, and destabilisation of countries goes.....
They have become the industrial compex puppy, and no longer take their orders or their authority from the federal goverment....They have exyensively blackmaied and corrupted the goverment of the US......
The drug money of the world must pass through their hands at east once no matter where its made.......
This criminal organisation has stepped far beyond any goverment control.
They have engaged in so much immoral, and illegal manouvering, that they no longer observe any law at all.....!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I honestly believe Alex Jones is a mockingbird operation, the control and manipulation of the media is a must for a cabal that is interested in keeping it's more nefarious works out of the news.
It is a giant secret circle jerk, designed to keep what should be causing utter outrage, out of the press, and off the airwaves.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
I honestly believe Alex Jones is a mockingbird operation

If this is true, it would be one of the biggest mistakes of this program. Alex Jones, like him or not, has woken up so many people or at least put the idea into the back of so many minds that would most likely never have questioned things to begin with. This program appears to be much more angled towards sheepish mindsets and passing international propaganda through the MSM.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
In regards to "Mockingbird"

"You could get a journalist cheaper than a good call girl, for a couple hundred dollars a month." - CIA operative discussing with Philip Graham, editor Washington Post, on the availability and prices of journalists willing to peddle CIA propaganda and cover stories. "Katherine The Great," by Deborah Davis (New York: Sheridan Square Press, 1991)

Excellent treatise on the subject of the government and media; and how what we've been given as 'factual news' is often far from it. Deborah Davis paid a high price for her unwelcome investigative journalism....

from Wiki about her book.....

The book received unfavorable reviews from the Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, The New York Times and others.

Might this be a clue as to who might have been most guilty?

new topics

top topics

join