It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzling!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hey Guys,
Ever thought from where rice, cereals etc came about? And when? And how? If they were cultivated by early man, where and how did they get it from?? From the wild? If so, then why aren't they seen growing in the wild today? These can grow only under certain conditions and under human care. Were they artificially muted from other plants? Wow! Did Early Man build advanced labs to conduct research and dabble in artificial mutation of plants? Thats *Edit*! So could someone throw some light on this? Of course some 'knowledgable' guy is gonna say that these were growing in the wild a few thousand years ago and have now disappeared due to climatic changes, natural mutation into ordinary grass etc etc. Doesn't seem convincing.

[Mod edit to remove profanity]

[Edited on 4-10-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Why do people never research stuff before posting 'wild' theories?

These are the FIRST TWO GOOGLE RETURNS FOR "wild wheat"

Return 1

Return 2

[edit on 10-4-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Why do people never research stuff before posting 'wild' theories?

These are the FIRST TWO GOOGLE RETURNS FOR "wild wheat"

Return 1

Return 2

That still doesn't answer the question. It says 'wild varieties' were collected and then mutated!! So where are these wild varieties today?? And these are just theories. And boy! These guys 7000 to 10,000 years ago must have been fantastic biotech scientists, agri experts, plant breeders and so on!! Amazing scientific knowledge what?

[edit on 10-4-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Second return for search "wild wheat world distribution"

Link

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Did I say anything about WHEAT? I really don't think so. I'm talking of rice and cereals. So any leads ( I mean conjectures!) on these?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Did I say anything about WHEAT? I really don't think so. I'm talking of rice and cereals. So any leads ( I mean conjectures!) on these?

From dictionary.com

ce�re�al Audio pronunciation of "cereal" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s�r-l)
n.

1. A grass such as wheat, oats, or corn, the starchy grains of which are used as food.

Yet another return, on the first page of google returns, for the query "wild rice world distribution -agriculture"

Link

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound confrontational (I'm not), but much of what's psoted at ATs could be clarified if people just took a leeeeeeeeeetle bit of initiative

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Mikesingh

There are wild rice, and oats, and wheat, and other cereals around the world...

Where are they now?

IN THE WILD!!!

They still exsist, just because you dont see them doesnt mean they're not there.

new topics

top topics

join