It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers' Votes Could Decide Election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Looks like nader did have an effect, this really pisses me off if they will not allow the military vote AGAIN!

Soldiers' Votes Could Decide Election

In 2000, Florida officials disqualified 1,527 military votes because they lacked postmarks. George W. Bush won Florida - and the presidency - by 537 votes.

The military traditionally votes Republican. In one recent informal survey of the armed forces and their family members, 72 percent of respondents said they favored Bush over Democrat John Kerry.

Many of the problems that marred the military vote in 2000 are cropping up again.

More than a dozen states - including those too close to call - missed the recommended deadline to mail ballots overseas. One of the reasons: legal arguments over whether independent candidate Ralph Nader should be listed on ballots.

With so many troops fighting in the Middle East, members of the military could play a huge role in deciding the next commander-in-chief in this dead-heat presidential contest. But Democrats and Republicans alike fear that reforms enacted by Congress after 2000 have not fixed the problems associated with overseas voting.

During the chaotic 2000 election, thousands of troops overseas voted for president, only to have their ballots rejected. Others did not receive ballots at all. And some found the entire process confusing.

New poll and I was saying 2.5-3 - 1, I was close again.

When asked whom they would trust as commander in chief, people in the military and their families chose President Bush over Senator John Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran, by almost 3 to 1, according to a survey released on Friday.

Mr. Bush, who served in the Texas Air National Guard, was more trusted by 69 percent, while 24 percent said they trusted Kerry more, according to the National Annenberg Election Survey.

Among all Americans, Mr. Bush has a narrower advantage on the question of who is more trusted to be commander in chief, 50 percent to 41 percent.
Of those surveyed in the military, 43 percent, said they were Republicans, while 19 percent said they were Democrats, and 27 percent independents.

Those in the military and their families have a more favorable view of Mr. Bush than Americans generally, and they are more optimistic about Iraq, the economy and the nation's direction.

newsmax.com...

NOTE: Even I did not think it was this big a margin....dang, says a lot doesnt it? CIC Kerry? It scares those doing the fighting......

I would love to see the liberal spin on this one....

Monday, Oct. 4, 2004 12:00 a.m. EDT
Military Rejects Kerry by Staggering Margin

By a staggering margin of 4 to 1, U.S. military personnel have rejected the presidential candidacy of Sen. John Kerry, a new survey by Army Times magazine shows.

With 4,000 full-time and part-time troops responding, a full 73 percent said they would vote for President Bush if the election were held today, reports USA Today, a sister publication of Army Times.

Story Continues Below

Just 18 percent said they would vote for Kerry, who has based his candidacy on the four months he spent as a Swift Boat commander in Vietnam 35 years ago.
Two-thirds of those responding said John Kerry's anti-war activities after he returned from the war, when he teamed up with "Hanoi Jane" Fonda and trashed his fellow soldiers as "war criminals" and "monsters," made them less likely to vote for him.

The survey was conducted Sept. 15-28 by the Army Times Publishing Co., which sent e-mails to more than 31,000 subscribers. The magazine received 4,165 responses on a secure Web site.

www.newsmax.com...

[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 29-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE US AND A MILITARY JUNTA IS THE CIVILIANS LEAD THE MILITARY AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. PERIOD.

It is the way the thoughtful founding forefathers of this nation designed it. Period.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Why do you post stories from CNSNews, Paul Bremer's press agent, World Net Daily, etc. and say:

I'd love to see anyone who believes any of the sources you spam this board with. I know this is a conspiracy forum, but come on, it's a little hard to believe that only these sites know the truth, and we're all just denying ignorance.

Did you PayPal CNSNews yet? They need donations!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Why do you post stories from CNSNews, Paul Bremer's press agent, World Net Daily, etc. and say:

I'd love to see anyone who believes any of the sources you spam this board with. I know this is a conspiracy forum, but come on, it's a little hard to believe that only these sites know the truth, and we're all just denying ignorance.

Did you PayPal CNSNews yet? They need donations!

Oh so it is ok to use CNN or say CBS but a news source that doesnt conform to the leftist view is SPAM?

You have just proven my point, you only want to hear one side........

Gotcha!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's real easy to be taken seriously on this one edsinger, all you have to do is find this:

The survey was conducted Sept. 15-28 by the Army Times Publishing Co., which sent e-mails to more than 31,000 subscribers. The magazine received 4,165 responses on a secure Web site.

What matters in regards to polls is how everyone votes on Nov. 2. Don't worry you won't to wait too long ed.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
It's real easy to be taken seriously on this one edsinger, all you have to do is find this:

What matters in regards to polls is how everyone votes on Nov. 2. Don't worry you won't to wait too long ed.

How many military folks you know? I know quite a few and the % is higher than the 72% for BUSH, Kerry scares people.....he is weak as his 20 years record in the Senate shows!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You know 72% of everyone in the military? Wow, no wonder you know what's going on.

Any luck finding that Army Poll yet?

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE US AND A MILITARY JUNTA IS THE CIVILIANS LEAD THE MILITARY AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. PERIOD.

It is the way the thoughtful founding forefathers of this nation designed it. Period.

So you're basically saying that grunts in the field shouldn't be allowed to have a voice in the guy who ends up ordering them there?

NOTE: Not commenting on the thread at large, just this particular statement,

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You know 72% of everyone in the military? Wow, no wonder you know what's going on.

That is a cheap shot, I know many members IN the military and they are more pro-Bush than the 72% of the poll. Now I agree that I do not like to hang around folks that make my hair stand up, so my % might be biased. But as I count it 8 Pro Bush, 0 - Kerry.....

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Any luck finding that Army Poll yet?

Yeah Frontpage m8!

www.armytimes.com...

Top News
Troops sound off
President Bush retains overwhelming support among the military�s professional core despite a troubled mission in Iraq and an opponent who is a decorated combat veteran, a Military Times survey of more than 4,000 readers indicates

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Lol, yea, it was, but I think you get the point. I'm not a big fan of polls, I prefer to wait until the actual election.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This doesn't suprise me if its totally accurate. Military personnel have traditionally been Conservative with their political leanings. Most of them hated Clinton too but it didn't stop him from being elected.

When I was in the Army I, for the most part, either ran into people who didn't know or care about politics or were Conservative. I was the odd man out to say the least.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

President Bush retains overwhelming support among the military�s professional core despite a troubled mission in Iraq and an opponent who is a decorated combat veteran, a Military Times survey of more than 4,000 readers indicates.

Wow, 4,000 people actually e-mailed back. My own unofficial poll of the people who were in Iraq with me, and going back soon, Kerry 100%!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Guess this shows that the guys actually doing the fighting don't think this war is so bad after all....

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Guess this shows that the guys actually doing the fighting don't think this war is so bad after all....

AH you right wing war mongerer!

Welcome m8!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'll go with what weller said, it was the same way when I was in the military. Most of the guys in my unit didn't even talk about politics. All we new at the time was Ronald Reagan was the commander in chief. The only thing we followed was the chain of command. I have a twin brother in the military and he is definitley pro Bush. I of course am not. Being a vet I will always back the troops. The troops are the ones who are important. whether their Republican or Democrat or whatever else. Most of them will vote for the commander in chief. I would have done the same, because we didn't know any better, who was good or who was bad. Not much info for the average foot soldier. At least not when I was in the Army.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So, maybe the civilians can go to war to protect the military, eh? Our people in the military, on the most part, believe in what they're doing in Iraq.

If the American people truly want to support our troops, they'll vote for the candidate that the troops believe in and would rather have commanding them.

That person is George Bush. The troops are making headway in the battle against the insurgents and all Kerry wants to do is get into office to take the credit for victory. All the negativity the liberal press spews at the American public is nothing but propaganda aimed towards a weak-minded public.

The difference between Bush and Kerry as CIC? Bush lets the ones who knows what's going on call the shots. Kerry will act like he's the man, give BS orders to the JCS and cause strife in the ranks, which will lead to another November in Dallas, 1963. Just my opinion about the situation.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The civilians lead the military in the US?
since when?

i was in the military.....I don't remember any civilian leading us...Well, except one....The president...

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Um, that poll was of subscribers, who responded to an e-mail'.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

President Bush retains overwhelming support among the military�s professional core despite a troubled mission in Iraq and an opponent who is a decorated combat veteran, a Military Times survey of more than 4,000 readers indicates.

Wow, 4,000 people actually e-mailed back. My own unofficial poll of the people who were in Iraq with me, and going back soon, Kerry 100%!

At least is more than the polls done by CNN of 650 voters... where most people said they believed Kerry won the debate.. 4k is quite a bit more than 650.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Muaddib]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join