It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicked out of school for teaching students who the President is

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The teacher probably has an altar at home with images of Bush, Laura and Cheney..Makes the sign of the cross each time she passes by....

She's obviously a devoted Republican

You know what happens when you assume...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Esoterica...you assumed your link was correct and it wasnt...
I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If she showed only Repulbicans, shame on her.

If she was showing all of the Presidents, shame on the Principal.

Kerry President? Shame on the parents.

Here is Australia I never saw ANY photos on bullitin boards showing all of our past Prime Ministers. Not until High School did I learn about our countries histry. To prove this point more, there was actually an ad-campaign country wide talking about a guy named 'Edmund Barton' and who he was. As the campaign continued viewers learnt he was our first PM.

I think school history classes need to be more focused on our own countries FIRST, then onto global history.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Actually, whether it's right or not is still up in the air. But I see your point.

I rest my case.

Hey, at least I posted a link

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
When I was a kid there was always a picture of Reagan hanging in many of my classrooms. I don't see why there is anything wrong with Bush being up there if he is current...or not for that matter.

Things like this make me get a bit frustrated with the Far Left, in many ways their just as bad as the Far Right at times.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weller
When I was a kid there was always a picture of Reagan hanging in many of my classrooms.

I agree with you is nothing wrong with having our president's picture in the classroom.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
What are these parents thinking? Do they know who the president is right now?

Probably not, obviously they are Kerry voters!

Sorry couldnt refuse..........

[edit on 4-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Actually, whether it's right or not is still up in the air. But I see your point.

I rest my case.

Hey, at least I posted a link
ok. You got me there.
just funning with you. I like your hunky avatar, by the way...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Personally, I can't see why it's a problem if she only has republican presidents. If ALL of them were actually president, what does it matter, as long as the theme of the display is in fact "presidents."

Would you be horrified by a tribute to the presidency that showed only FDR, Truman, Kennedy and Clinton? What would be wrong with that?

Is any president some how less of a commander-in-chief is he is displayed in certain contexts? That is just too shallow for me.

What about a display of the following presidents:

William Harrison, Zachary Taylor, and Millard Fillmore

They were all Whig presidents. So would I get fired because "your" political party wasn't represented.

What a bunch of crap. If she says it's a poster about presidents, and they were all, in point of fact, presidents; then what IS the problem?

This is an argument worthy of Communist Russia, not of a free republic.

Next they'll be sending people to relocation camps for wrapping fish in my congressman's junk mail-outs. I'll be glad when the election is over.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well unfortunetly, this kind of mind-numbing idiocy will not go away with the election. This country has gotten so far out of touch with reality that it will come to the point that anything that any person say to another will need a lawyer and the Supreme Court at there side to ensure it's constitutionality.

It's not the politics that are ruining this country, it's the fact everybody thinks that their rights supercede everyone elses rights as a whole. Whatever happened to "the common good" This country will eventually fail when people firmly believe that their rights are more important than their neighbors and lawyers are right behind them waiting for a check for "services rendered"

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

ok. You got me there.

I got the joke, don't worry. As for the other thing...

[edit on 10-4-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Is any president some how less of a commander-in-chief is he is displayed in certain contexts? That is just too shallow for me.

I think that's the point. I think the school was attempting to keep expressed political views out in favor of an unbiased approach.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I assume this was a public school?

Regardless, it's pathetic. He is the President. Tough # if you don't like him. If he gets voted out, put a pic up of Kerry, because then he is the president.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

ok. You got me there.

I got the joke, don't worry. As for the other thing...

Esoterica,

I believe you've got ole dgtempe stumped!
That's a good one!

As for the post, The parents need to charged for causing a disturbance on public property. Jail time included!

She's and English teacher, not History or Government teacher, so her answer to the student who asked her anything outside of what she should be teaching, should stand.

That's what's wrong with kids nowadays! Parents teaching them the wrong things!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If it was a solid representation of Rep. Presidents then she should not be fired, just suggested that this 'could' be an issue of blantant favoritism, then fire her if suggested corrections are not met.

If it was a mixed bag of leaves then nothing is wrong. Especially if any indie pics are also included!

As for the parents compaining that there should be a pic of Kerry, get a grip and be patient.

I guess the Academic sector isn't totally liberal after all..

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
From what I've heard of this the Declaration of Independence was also on the board. The picture of George and Laura looked like they had both signed it, I don't know if it was a real autograph or just one of a mass printing. If it was authenitically autographed it's a very interesting piece for any child to see.

Principal Jim Warfel told her she disrupted the school with her "inflammatory politics".

The sad thing is being conservative is inflammatory politics.

The offending photo:

At any rate these parents are another example of liberals whining too damn much.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

The sad thing is being conservative is inflammatory politics.

Dude. You rock. That just became my new signature!

By the way.
What's with your avatar? That dude just kills me everytime I see him. Looks like he's totally into that cowbell, and grinning like he just dropped a big window pane.

Reminds me of why I quit going to rock concerts.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

As much as I
dislike our president, his picture had every right to hang there. Whats up with this?
Kerry's only running for president

well its really a matter of seperation of school and state. schools may be funded by public funds, but is it really right to hang federal (maybe not of state) but federal offices and symbols (like the us flag, and the pledge of allegiance).

if you say no separation, then why arent all 43 presidents hanging up? and the current administration would be good too.

otherwise it shouldnt be hanging up for longer than the lesson plan requires.

i think patriotism is a good thing but for some reason a bunch of pictures hanging up in schools sparks my 1984 meter on the yellow .

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Which article of the constitution is that one in?

Never mind, since "separation of Church and State" isn't in the constitution, either. (The first amendment as written ties the hand of the federal government, not the hands of states or churches. But try telling that to the Supremes.)

It is a dark day, when we are questioning whether or not to have the American flag in classrooms, or a picture of various elected officials.

Time was, when all Americans expected their children to be taught that their country was, if not perfect, at least worth defending. Of course, back in those days, schools taught "civics" and used paddles.

Amazing, that the idea of having a picture of the president in a classroom makes Nutroll feel like he's being brainwashed.

No need for the little blighters to learn about their government, right. We wouldn't want them to take an interest in politics, would we? I mean, some of them might grow up to vote . . . wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Unless he has been impeached and embarrassed the entire nation, each president has made at least SOME contribution for the country. It's part of our history. Who knows, maybe some kid will learn something by asking 'Who is that?'. Oh right, I forgot, learning is not permitted in school.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join