It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball sized hail causes $400 million dollars in damage in Dallas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Good heavens!

Watch the video on the page, the pool looks like it is boiling.

msn.com

The second clip from CBS shows holes punched through cars and someone's roof was totally shredded.

cbs

huffington post

Witnesses reports birds getting killed trying to fly through the storms.

(Reuters) - Several strong thunderstorms cut a swath through North Texas late on Wednesday, with baseball-sized hail stones smashing everything from car windshields to the marquee of a landmark East Dallas movie theater.

reuters.com

Amazingly, no one got hurt, much less killed.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do not worry. It is just God whispering.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

That Dallas is going to hail?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I didn't get any hail at my place but i saw a good sized storm cell north of me in Addison and Plano.

I had some last week that were golf ball sized.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That's crazy.I live in Florida and we get some nasty thunderstorms...but I've never seen it hail like that.It's usually the lightning that does the most damage here.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by Numbers33four

more likely to be God throwing a couple hundred golfball-sized chunks of ice at people for sh# and giggles...than "whispering" O.o

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A small hailstorm goes over Dallas and it gets news coverage, ha... I've seen worse hailstorms in North Texas...
That one just caused more damage because of Dallas population...
The chicks voice in the video lol.. oh's no's end of the world!!!...

edit on 14-6-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I love my vehicle for these exact reason

I drove through this hailstorm

I did see one ladys car and was stuck with and epiphany. They are not making cars any better.

Her NEW car had a completely cracked windshield, with major damage to the hood and trim.

My 2005, blew it off like it was nothing??????

which made me suspicious.... new cars seem to be made of cardboard

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
On June 12th, we got some nasty, vicious hail storms out this way, but because the population is so sparse, it wasn't really newsworthy. However, these storms advanced eastward and, fed with the Gulf of Mexico moisture, created some nasty hailstorms with cloud tops at 60,000 ft. The higher the cloud top, the higher the little raindrops can get sucked up and be coated with ice. High cloud tops are always a bad sign.

My daughter was taking her first flight by herself yesterday, and tried to get out of the Lubbock airport to DFW. Her flight was supposed to take off at 6:15 pm, but she didn't get out of there until 10:00 pm. DFW was a mess, and many people missed their connecting flights and had to spend the night in the airport.

It's funny, I lived there for 9 years, and never really saw it get that bad. As soon as we moved, the weather there has turned decidedly scary.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
We didn't get any hail (or rain) in my area of the Metro, but the videos look pretty bad. Car shops in Dallas are having to turn people away because there are too many cars that need fixing now. The crazy thing (to me) is that it seemed like the storm just popped up out of nowhere.

The news just said the wife of a state representative (or something like that) had to have staples in the back of her head because the hail broke through the sun roof in her car when she was driving home. Apparently baseball size hail can fall at over 100 mph. If that's true, I'm kind of surprised there aren't many more injury stories right now.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Well I see the Texas competition is also in state as well as out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

It might be the wonky weather this year.

they said over 40 flights were canceled.

Can you imagine sitting in a plane with that going on? lolol
What would that sound like?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I was watching a show on lightening the other night (yes I am such a nerd) It was interesting though.

But Florida has more deaths and injuries from lightening then all the other states combined. One of the higher incidents of lightening in teh world.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thats why it helps to have a bunker inside the house

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I knew it was only a matter of time before all those breast implants would be found...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ha Thats not a hail storm! THIS is a hail storm!... Watch from the 1 minute mark where it really starts to pick up!

Also this one!

Nature can be a real B****!

new topics

top topics

join