It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Boeing comercial shows Hypersoar aircraft!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I thought this might have been an interesting thread to read, and to start off with it was. I do wish people would stop giving it the big 'I AM' about this country or that being good/bad or whatever. Maturity is something that some people can't get to grips with.
As Windsor Davies would probably say..'SSSHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUTTTUUUUP'

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Irma - Dont confusing maturity with patriotism.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Irma - Dont confusing maturity with patriotism.

"Confuse".

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by American Mad Man
But then at the very end of it, there is a black space plane that looks exactly like the Hypersoar - long delta shape, propolsion underneath the aircraft and all. The ad ends with this aircraft flying off into space.

Could this be a sign that Boeing is the main contractor on this project?

That was the Boeing X-43 "Hyper-X"... it is a hypersonic experimental craft that just recently had it's first successful flight.
Boeing is part of the team that has built the X-43 Hyper-X scramjet vehicle - it is designed to explore Mach 7 to 10 regions of flight.
Boeing's responsibilities on this project include assembly level design, the thermal protection system and the vehicle management system.

Intelgurl

Intelgurl, are, are you back? For real? Omg, we missed you so much!!! Your knowledge is much needed, for we have gained new members and less intelligence, we need more correct knowledge!

Well anyways, yea, I believe that boeing only had an X-43a hypersonic experimental craft, no commercial, but if there is such a thing, I would be interested in finding out.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey, guess what, you may not like the thread, or the arguments, or the witless banter back and forth about global superiority, but it is your choice to read, or to check out something else. Do the latter, and leave the former to those who enjoy it.

No-one likes to be told to shut up by someone who just drops in and decides that they don't like th thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Can anyone explain WHY they are building this 'plane'. It's an unmanned vehicle that can just fly at high speeds. I guess it's a first step for the hypersonic scramjet engine 'era', but besides that there's a lot of money being put into this rather than focusing on flight outside the limits of our atmosphere below 31km (99% of the atmosphere's mass). Is the only way to get this engine going is to launch it from a 'mothership' like a missle launching. I guess this could used to travel from A to B in a short amount of time? Anyone know some good sites that show in depth scramjet engine configurations/specs? It would be interesting for my knowledge purposes. thank you

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The HyperSOAR project has been put under the name "FALCON".

There have been other posts here on ATS concerning FALCON, the most informative & promenent being ATS member & moderator Zion Mainframe's post "The USAF/ DARPA FALCON program".

Here is the official DARPA web page on FALCON:
DARPA/FALCON

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Shattered ROFL!!!! Soooo true!

Look at the X-43 this way. For how many years, over 10, there has been speculation that the Aurora uses PWDE, with the obvious fact it may not and there might not be an aircraft. Regardless, assuming we have the technology, the aircraft engine industry is just touching the surface with this type of engine and are years away of something that could be used in practice. So the X-43 uses a scramjet engine and they are just getting the technology to work, and even then it has to be launched from a rocket. What are the chances that this technology has already been developed by the US military and aircraft developed around it? I think a classic example of what the US military has done, and I think I've said this before, is the SR-71. Taking into consideration when it was developed, when there weren't super computers, no new super materials, they were able to design an engine like nothing before. The feat of the air ram alone I find amazing. And this was in the late 50s and early 60s!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Someone during this thread said the IR signature would be enourmous on it. Thats may be true but when your going mach 10 there isn't a missle thats gonna catch you any way. BTW america discovered elctricty which led to the possibility of alll these other discoveries ie.(computers, powered flight).

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
BTW america discovered elctricty which led to the possibility of alll these other discoveries ie.(computers, powered flight).

Did it? All of America and at the same time time? Don't be silly.

If you mean Benjamin Franklin then he was not America, or even American. Nor did he discover electricity, he made discoveries about electricity such as positivity and negativity and that lightning was electric but electrical experiments were commonplace for many many years before him.

Why do you people have to make these ludicrous and inaccurate claims? You have nothing to prove, America is a big and powerful nation but please stop trying to claim its the centre of the universe.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

If you mean Benjamin Franklin then he was not America, or even American. Nor did he discover electricity, he made discoveries about electricity such as positivity and negativity and that lightning was electric but electrical experiments were commonplace for many many years before him.

Why do you people have to make these ludicrous and inaccurate claims? You have nothing to prove, America is a big and powerful nation but please stop trying to claim its the centre of the universe.

I think we've got past this and are back on topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I know, I shouldn't get drawn in so easily, I'm sure someone will start doing it on purpose. I.....MUST....RESIST......

Incidentally, in this entire thread I have said nothing about the Hypersoar, for that I am sorry, but unlike some I don't spout off about that which I know little of

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thank you Intel.

It's interesting to note that in the long run this type of technology is going to be used for horizontal take offs. Maybe an implemention into space shuttle take-offs? Space shuttle's oxygen and hydrogen tanks weight accounts for about 98% of the total weight in verticle take-off. I can see how this technology would benefit the engineering concepts already being developed in more horizontal-like take-offs for space shuttles. This would let us carry more laboratory equipment, etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Well anyways, yea, I believe that boeing only had an X-43a hypersonic experimental craft, no commercial, but if there is such a thing, I would be interested in finding out.

Shattered OUT...

I saw the commercial on Fox News at about 11PM. I have not seen it before or since.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aether
Can anyone explain WHY they are building this 'plane'. It's an unmanned vehicle that can just fly at high speeds. I guess it's a first step for the hypersonic scramjet engine 'era', but besides that there's a lot of money being put into this rather than focusing on flight outside the limits of our atmosphere below 31km (99% of the atmosphere's mass). Is the only way to get this engine going is to launch it from a 'mothership' like a missle launching. I guess this could used to travel from A to B in a short amount of time? Anyone know some good sites that show in depth scramjet engine configurations/specs? It would be interesting for my knowledge purposes. thank you

The idea is to build an aircraft that could carry large pay loads anywhere in the world in 3 hours or less. Imagine the aplications that has in a military role, much less a "priority mail" one

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
BTW america discovered elctricty which led to the possibility of alll these other discoveries ie.(computers, powered flight).

Did it? All of America and at the same time time? Don't be silly.

If you mean Benjamin Franklin then he was not America, or even American.

OK - Wayno's - let's get back to reality hear buddy. BF was American. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, at one point he was our embasodor to England.

I went to a highschool founded by him. I live in Philly. TRUST ME, HE'S AMERICAN

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OK, reality has called AMM. You are of course correct and I got carried away. In my defence I was thrown by this passage;

"Franklin considered himself a loyal Englishman. England had many of the amenities that America lacked. The country also had fine thinkers, theater, witty conversation -- things in short supply in America. He kept asking Deborah to come visit him in England. He had thoughts of staying there permanently, but she was afraid of traveling by ship.

In 1765, Franklin was caught by surprise by America's overwhelming opposition to the Stamp Act. His testimony before Parliament helped persuade the members to repeal the law. He started wondering if America should break free of England. Franklin, though he had many friends in England, was growing sick of the corruption he saw all around him in politics and royal circles. Franklin, who had proposed a plan for united colonies in 1754, now would earnestly start working toward that goal.

"

It still doesn't make the claim that "America discored electricity" any less ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

OK, reality has called AMM. You are of course correct and I got carried away. In my defence I was thrown by this passage;

"Franklin considered himself a loyal Englishman. England had many of the amenities that America lacked. The country also had fine thinkers, theater, witty conversation -- things in short supply in America. He kept asking Deborah to come visit him in England. He had thoughts of staying there permanently, but she was afraid of traveling by ship.

In 1765, Franklin was caught by surprise by America's overwhelming opposition to the Stamp Act. His testimony before Parliament helped persuade the members to repeal the law. He started wondering if America should break free of England. Franklin, though he had many friends in England, was growing sick of the corruption he saw all around him in politics and royal circles. Franklin, who had proposed a plan for united colonies in 1754, now would earnestly start working toward that goal.

"

It still doesn't make the claim that "America discored electricity" any less ridiculous.

Yes and in 1765, while the stamp act did occur, in 2003 the HyperSOAR "Falcon" project was given another go and the pegasus rocket was fired up.

Yes what do we call this?? Ahh yes, staying on topic.

Please, lets stay focused on HyperSOAR, I like this subject.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Pardon me, was I talking to you? Mr Board gestapo

I know It was off topic, as it this, but American Mad Man pointed out my mistake, the fact of which I was merely acknowledging. Now you've made me post off topic yet again. Congratulations.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Intelgurl, are, are you back? For real? Omg, we missed you so much!!! Your knowledge is much needed, for we have gained new members and less intelligence, we need more correct knowledge!

Shattered OUT...

I agree and may I offer this to the people who apply. Please stop this whole your (country/race) sux, and also do not say anything that you believe to be true with out backing yourself with facts. Opinions are great, but they are only as good as the data behind it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join