It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter to the American people from a soldier in Iraq,

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You seem to have forgotten the initial reaction to the US troops, we took it without much combat at all, the people were HAPPY to be rid of saddam. I still remember the guy pissing on the portrait. But now all we see is car bombs..Fu&*k the press......They just want us to see the negative.

What difference does that make? That was a bunch of staged BS propaganda anyway...the statue scene, too. As I said, if they wanted him dead, they could've easily killed him. Let's see....supposedly these people aren't afraid to die for their cause, but they're too afraid to kill Saddam? Like I said, when people are fed up enough, they'll do what they have to. They're not afraid of death, for the most part. I'm, sure there's a wealth of people there who would be willing to die for the cause, if they were in such a repressed state. So, we have Iraq...a country full of repressed people that are just waiting to attack the US with their huge army and nuclear weapons, yet they're too afraid to kill Saddam? We managed to take out their evil government because no one there liked them anyway, right?

I'm sure there are alot of Americans who will piss on a picture of Dubya in a heartbeat, not to mention the rest of the world. Does that mean someone should take him out? Right now, about 50% of the US disagrees with Bush. Do you suppose it might have been about the same ratio in Iraq?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Saddam was not so easliy killed, the Mossad probably could have, but he was very well guarded and MANY attempts were made. He killed folks just becuase he thought they didnt like him.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Everyone has seen the footage where he takes public strolls down the street, and everyone is holding an assault weapon and cheering. Those are civilians. How tough would it be to just shoot him? They weren't wearing military uniforms, or anything. It would be very easy to infiltrate the crowd and just kill him, even if he had bodyguards. You can bet Bush would never allow civilians with guns to get that close to him. In fact, he has a small army with him wherever he goes. Saddam obviously didn't feel that threatened.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the examples he makes of people and thier families who try or who he just sees as threats and potential rivals.

He's had family members and close allies murdered. You think you were going to see some SF types or locals volunteer for a death mission?

If you thought it was so easy WTH did you and your mates go do it?

As to why they are now? Because we are nowhere near as affective as Saddam on his worst (or is that best) day.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's sort of like the Italian mafia, I suppose. The "Godfather" might have many killed to keep respect in the ranks, but he still has the love and respect of his people. Regardless, anyone can be killed, if someone wants to do it badly enough. Sure, you may have to be willing to sacrifice your life, but if you have nothing to lose, that's not usually a problem.

If you thought it was so easy WTH did you and your mates go do it?

Why would I want to risk my life to kill Saddam? He was never a threat to me. Besides, I'm the wrong race to infiltrate anything over there.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
edsinger:

This is utter rubbish. THe Iraqi's are better off under saddam? Well being an engineer and I have engineering friends over there, the work that is NOT told by the press is quite impressive ...but you wouldnt believe it anyway

How many people were killed by carbombs under Saddam?

How many Iraqi civilians had their limbs blown off by bombs?

How many Iraqis were unemployed?

How many Iraqis were kidnapped and held for ransom by thugs under Saddam?

Tell you what, ed, if you can't understand that, then I'm at a loss.

IRAQ WAS SAFER FOR IRAQIS WHEN SADDAM WAS IN POWER. There's been tens of thousands of deaths in Iraq since the initial invasion.

And don't trot out the 1984 gassing of the Kurds because the USA continued to do business with Saddam after that, right up to 1991.

As for the "news not being told", that's a total crock. We're only getting the bad?

We're only getting THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG of the bad! Reporters can't go anywhere to report because there is NOWHERE safe to be in Iraq for Westerners. Reporters can't leave their hotels for fear of kidnapping, so they need to be "embedded". And the average Iraqi isn't going to be 100% forthcoming to a reporter who has two Marines standing behind him with automatic weapons.

Do you understand?

jako

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
How many have they found in mass graves?

Look Saddam was in no way good for his people, he had his good points but not many. how ablut his sons? How did the Iraqi Olympic team do? anyone get tourtured when they lost this time?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Either way you look at it the letter from el capitan is a viewpoint by a man who doesn't understand that his men are dieing for oil. In his eyes, because he has honor, he believes what is told to him, and believes there is an actual mission of helping to liberate the Iraqi people when in reality it is to liberate their resources.

The Iraqi peope are 97% muslim and will never succumb to puppet elected regimes. There will always exist those who will fight against any outsider who does not believe in Islam. All we have done is created another Muslim state that will fund terrorism as it whores with oil corporations owned by the current administration. The plight of Islam is to use the infidel and drive him out of the land by any means necessary and the freedom loving Iraqi's will do the same.

Any Iraqi who says thank you we had it rough is really saying thank you for killing our dictator now F$$$ off becasue you are an unbeliever. God sent you here and used you to liberate Islam from Sadaam. It is just a matter of time before we will destroy you as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
Either way you look at it the letter from el capitan is a viewpoint by a man who doesn't understand that his men are dieing for oil. In his eyes, because he has honor, he believes what is told to him, and believes there is an actual mission of helping to liberate the Iraqi people when in reality it is to liberate their resources.

YOu ever think he might see something you dont?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
When reading this thread I am disheartened over the opinions stated.
Where does the 97% Fact come from? From what I saw of Iraq (13 months of it) There are ALOT more than 4% non-muslim denominations, (mostly Christian).

And most all of the Iraqi's I came in contact with during the actual war, and shortly after, love us for removing Saddam. Saddam like Hitler was is very intelligent at minipulation. Saddam had Iraq So afraid of him they did everything he said. INFACT, once the Iraqi soldiers realized that the U.S military was actually invading, normal ground soldiers (non-republican guard) gave up. They Had civilian clothing bags in their foxholes with them. And the Terriorist where there Long before the Associated Press decided to anounce them. I was fighting Terriorist in Nasirya, not Iraqi soldiers.

My Bretheren are not dying for oil. This is a foulish and blind statement. I freed the Iraqi people from a dictator who had no respect for human dignity or rights. I KNOW THIS because the Iraqi people I lived next to for 3 months told me so. yes, I lived at a bridge site southeast Baghdad with Iraqis living no more than 20 feet away. We had no fence, If they hated us sooo much as certain people proclaim I would be dead as well as 70 other soldiers in my company. But I am alive and well. In Fact, The Iraqi people would 'protect' us, Giving us information of weapons caches, person plotting attacks, etc.

AND IN FACT Saddam did have WMD. If you count measly chemical weapons as WMD. Shortly after our travel through Nasirya on our charge to Baghdad, We (1st MEF, although I'm Army) were attacked by Atillery contain chemical weapons. It was not admitted nor will be for years. After all all you conspiracy nuts you should look into this fact: why after all these years did it take the u.s gov't to admit that Sarin Gas was used against U.S. Troops in Desert Storm??? (hint it has to do with the V.A & health benefits).

Ok, I am done ranting.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by m249Gunner
When reading this thread I am disheartened over the opinions stated.
Where does the 97% Fact come from? From what I saw of Iraq (13 months of it) There are ALOT more than 4% non-muslim denominations, (mostly Christian).

AND IN FACT Saddam did have WMD. If you count measly chemical weapons as WMD. Shortly after our travel through Nasirya on our charge to Baghdad, We (1st MEF, although I'm Army) were attacked by Atillery contain chemical weapons. It was not admitted nor will be for years. After all all you conspiracy nuts you should look into this fact: why after all these years did it take the u.s gov't to admit that Sarin Gas was used against U.S. Troops in Desert Storm??? (hint it has to do with the V.A & health benefits).

Ok, I am done ranting.

Great Post!

Stand up and be proud young man! I salute you for your service, you will now be attacked as a baby killer etc etc etc , but hold your head high as you know you did the right thing! Again, I salute you as a squid to soldier!

Cheers!

[edit on 23-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
No need to go into a debate about how many chrisitans are living in Iraq and yes the muslim population is about 22,000,000 and yes the war in Iraq is about oil. Maybe you don't see it that way but thats the way it is.

You can view the war anyway you like as liberators, as helpers, or as conquerors, and I'm sure many of the Iraqi people are thankful to have Sadaam removed, that doesn't change the fact that it's about Haliburton and oil. What do you get out of it thats what matters. If you can walk away from Iraq knowing you did good thats great. I know the war is about resources not about doing good for Iraqi's. Every man has to look in the mirror at the end of the day and your experiences determine what you see.

Many corporations will be making an income off life blood in Iraq regardless of what the beliefs are or the feelings at the moment. There will always be muslims who will follow the code of Islam and that code is hostile to the U.S. Iraq will be no different.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edsinger

Great Post!

Stand up and be proud young man! I salute you for your service, you will now be attacked as a baby killer etc etc etc , but hold your head high as you know you did the right thing! Again, I salute you as a squid to soldier!

Cheers!

I don't think anybody is slinging mud on the soldiers. They are over there doing the best they can to win a war that they didn't start. The one who got them into this mess was the "Commander In Chief", George Bush.

So why the hell isn't Bush, as "Commanded In Chief" out there leading his troops into battle?

By Black Sabbath

Politicians hide themselves away,

They only started the war,

Why should they go out to fight?

They leave that up to the poor, Yeah!

From the song War Pigs

I think Jakomo sums it up well,

Originally posted by Jakomo

The TRUTH has no political slant. The TRUTH is that Iraqis were better off under Saddam Hussein than they have been under the American military occupation. Thousands of dead civilians in 18 months, hundreds of thousands of them displaced, rampant crime and a failing economy.

Sure there's some positive things going on, but the TRUTH is that there is far more negative happening.

You know, the whole wanton death and destruction thing. Missiles raining down on them, night-time raids of Iraqi homes, and carbombs.

Sure, the carbombs aren't directly the US's fault, as many other things aren't.

BUT, the first step in this debacle was taken by the Americans, in their decision to illegally invade another sovereign nation. So EVERYTHING that happens BECAUSE of that, is attributable to the United States of America's current Administration.

And you know what, you gotta give it to those crazy Iraqi insurgents, they're taking on the world's most powerful military, and they are absolutely kicking your butts all over the place.

They may be suicidal maniacs, but they sure know how to fight a military occupation. Gotta give them some props for that.

What makes American's think that Iraq want's to be a democracy? When did they ask the U.S to liberate them?

The situation in Iraq has been brought about through the U.S Foriegn policy over the last 25 years.

The U.S has made the bed, and now they have to lie in it. The soldiers can't be blamed. The only people who can be blamed for this whole mess is the U.S Administration.

The "Coalition of the KIlling" is falling to pieces. John Howard won't send more troops to Iraq because he's finally realised that he's been had by the Bush administration. Many others want to pull out.

OPEC countries are look like they are going to switch to the Euro for oil sales.

Russian Central Bank is no longer backing U.s cURRENCY, and more look like they will follow.

The policies of the current U.S government look as though they will collapse western economies, but hey, wasn't that the plan of the Neo-cons in the first place?

The whole world is turning to sh#t, and we're sitting around on a forum argueing about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
I don't think anybody is slinging mud on the soldiers. They are over there doing the best they can to win a war that they didn't start. The one who got them into this mess was the "Commander In Chief", George Bush.

Well I disagree, with the Leftist Bull# spewed here, these troops do get slamed. Some make it seem like Iraqi civilians are killed daily by the US on purpose. It is not the truth and most of Iraq is in good shape, there are some bad areas agreed, but are you ready to quit? Yes the Left is always ready to quit. THey would have surrendered to the Japanese after coral sea, or to the Germans in North Africa.

Originally posted by PsychosesSo why the hell isn't Bush, as "Commanded In Chief" out there leading his troops into battle?

What the hell kinda of question is that? Do you have a clue.

Originally posted by JakomoThe TRUTH has no political slant. The TRUTH is that Iraqis were better off under Saddam Hussein than they have been under the American military occupation. Thousands of dead civilians in 18 months, hundreds of thousands of them displaced, rampant crime and a failing economy.

THis is such complete BULL#! You need to get your facts and quit listening to what you see here. The Power is far better than before, schools, hospitals, and on and on and on....Failing economy, did you know that it is actually BETTER now than BEFORE the war? No you didnt. Against the dollar the dinar has been stable for quite a while.

Originally posted by JakomoSure there's some positive things going on, but the TRUTH is that there is far more negative happening.

That is not true...You have to look elsewhere to get your news. There are regions in the north and south that are doing very well. It is mainly the Sunni Triangle that things are sppotty at best, that is the area in which the folks lost power, Saddam was sunni.

Originally posted by JakomoYou know, the whole wanton death and destruction thing. Missiles raining down on them, night-time raids of Iraqi homes, and carbombs.

Man this is crap, just pure crap. You can not take one or 2 isloated incidents and say it is happening everywhere. read the guys letter.

Originally posted by JakomoSure, the carbombs aren't directly the US's fault, as many other things aren't.

True but the US is usually the target, becuase the enemy knows if they can create enough public outcry in the US population, that we will pull out and they win and set up a Islamic Theocracy. The Left is helping with this agenda and therefore HELPS the enemy.

Originally posted by PsychosesBUT, the first step in this debacle was taken by the Americans, in their decision to illegally invade another sovereign nation. So EVERYTHING that happens BECAUSE of that, is attributable to the United States of America's current Administration.

Non legal? Did not the UN say that force could be used? Did you realize that we STILL had the Authority from the Original UN resolution from the first Gulf War becuase Saddam never lived up to his agreemment whicg VIODED the Cease Fire.....How you like that?

Originally posted by PsychosesAnd you know what, you gotta give it to those crazy Iraqi insurgents, they're taking on the world's most powerful military, and they are absolutely kicking your butts all over the place.

Oh you of little knowledge........sad part is you believe it..

Originally posted by PsychosesThey may be suicidal maniacs, but they sure know how to fight a military occupation. Gotta give them some props for that.

Well if you could only comprehend the big picture and knew anything about what you speak, you would understand just how far off your are.

Originally posted by PsychosesWhat makes American's think that Iraq want's to be a democracy? When did they ask the U.S to liberate them?

YOu need to read this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by PsychosesThe situation in Iraq has been brought about through the U.S Foriegn policy over the last 25 years.

BUsll#! Complete Bull#. Sure we played part but...it all our fault??Please get real...

Originally posted by PsychosesThe U.S has made the bed, and now they have to lie in it. The soldiers can't be blamed. The only people who can be blamed for this whole mess is the U.S Administration.

What about terror? The threat of it?

Originally posted by PsychosesThe "Coalition of the KIlling" is falling to pieces. John Howard won't send more troops to Iraq because he's finally realised that he's been had by the Bush administration. Many others want to pull out.

Well atitudes like your are not helping matters, Spain left but why? Terror won that one didnt they?

Originally posted by PsychosesOPEC countries are look like they are going to switch to the Euro for oil sales.

Not a chance......

Originally posted by PsychosesRussian Central Bank is no longer backing U.s cURRENCY, and more look like they will follow.

Like we should care if an economy the size of the Dutch one should matter?

Originally posted by PsychosesThe policies of the current U.S government look as though they will collapse western economies, but hey, wasn't that the plan of the Neo-cons in the first place?

Well that is crap also, the same was said in the late 80's but you were probably to young to remember that.

Originally posted by PsychosesThe whole world is turning to sh#t, and we're sitting around on a forum argueing about it.

No it is not, you just have a negative attitude and refuse to look at the big picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join