It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange happenings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hello first off apologies if this thread can be moved or if it's a waste of time but wanted to tell of this weird things happening to me and my dad.

Im 26 years old, back in 2010 I lost my mother to cancer I won't go into details as its not needed. My mum passed away at home where I still live with my dad. Over the last year and a half my dad mainly has odd things that have either been purely coincidence. Ok so before my mum knew she had cancer, her and my dad spoke about retirement plans. By dad use to skipper police boats along a stretch of river near us so my mum mentioned how about getting a small job on the river just to keep active and the mind going after retirement.
So cut long story short, my mum passed and within 6 months he was talking to a harbour master where our families pleasure boat is moored. During the conversation the harbour master who knew my dad as the police boat skipper offered my dad a job running a small passenger ferry and to run a boat that takes people on seal sighting trips. Weird?

That's not the only thing, my mum n dad growing up in the 60s n 70s here in the UK motorbikes where the main thing to have. So one of my patents wishes were for them to own a Harley Davidson. Again my mum passed but my dad decided to fulfil their wishes and purchased a new Harley. Now on his first two trips to the dealer ship he bumped into a few ex police colleagues who he hadn't seen for years possibly over 20 years. They had never stayed in contact.

Now after losing my mum/my dads wife, my dad really didn't know what to do with himself. But all of a sudden he Has managed to get a job on the river which my mum and dad spoke about but also has met old friends who also ride motorbikes so he now has things to do.

Last week I asked my dad if I could borrow 1500 pound to clear some debts so I can start off fresh. Before my mum passed she told me that she wants me to get my driving license sorted out. Chatting with my dad about money I mentioned that with the money he was to give I'd start driving lessons. This was Thursday last week, so my dad put the money into my account on Thursday as he was off to ride to Amsterdam on his Harley. This is where it gets a bit strange. The Friday after that Thursday I came home from work to find a letter in my name from the DVLA (UKs company for dealing with car licenses etc) when I opened it up it was a brand new blank form to apply for a driving license.

Now my dad and I have never had any sort of spiritual beliefs before but since my my
Passed there has been things happening. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I just thought I'd share so please feel free to add or ask me anything. Me and my dad are starting to believe my mother is watching over us and giving us things to do to crack on with life.

Sorry if this thread is a load of BS

cheers from the PM(not prime minister lol)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I may just be tired but I can't see what the 'weird' things are

Sorry

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I firmly believe things like this happen... and happen for a reason. I wouldn't find them as weird as I would find them comforting. I suppose it depends on what your beliefs are though.

To my way of thinking after reading your OP, the hand of God/Fate (whatever you want to call it) has blessed your father with things he needed at just the time he needed them. Take it as a blessing and roll with it! JMHO.

edit on 6/13/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So nobody requested this?

The Friday after that Thursday I came home from work to find a letter in my name from the DVLA (UKs company for dealing with car licenses etc) when I opened it up it was a brand new blank form to apply for a driving license.

That would be strange.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

The Friday after that Thursday I came home from work to find a letter in my name from the DVLA (UKs company for dealing with car licenses etc) when I opened it up it was a brand new blank form to apply for a driving license.

That would be strange.

If no-one requested that then it would be very strange!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yep, I'd say your Mum is taking care of you guys from the "other side".
If you pay attention, you may notice little things happening to get your attention, telling you she is still with you. Like, a certain song being played on the radio that she loved, or butterflies, or humming birds, or something else coming around that you never noticed before... something she may have mentioned that brought her joy. Lights flickering is also a sign. If you would like to speak with her, ask her to come to you in your dreams, and she will. Hopefully, you will remember it when she does.

I'm glad you both seem to be doing okay, and I hope you find peace in knowing she is still with you.

edit on 6/13/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

That would be strange.

No one requested it. I had lost my old license a few years ago and never bothered about it. But it just seemed odd that my mum wanted me to do, I took a step forward by asking my dad for money so I can get on with life and the letter appeared the next day

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojojojo
I may just be tired but I can't see what the 'weird' things are

Sorry

Apologies mojo my way of explaining might not of been clear. Basically what I wanted to say after my dad lost his wife he didn't have much idea what to do. It just seemed that when my mum passes she began giving him things to do. For example he got the job running a ferry (he loves being on the water) and he bumped into old police colleagues out the blue in a Harley shop ... So he now has friends to go riding with

Another example a few months back I had extreme tooth ache a nerv had been exposed. Sat in my room in pain. I said out loud 'mum if your there please do something about the pain' within an hour the pain had gone well enough for me too be able to sleep. Now whether this was my body fighting the pain itself I dunno

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I often talk to her she passed at home so I feel she is still there. There have been the odd time where I've smelt her perfume and my dad has been adamant it wasn't him as he is as weirded out as I am. There has also been times where her bed table light has been on, it's a touch one with no switches on it. Again my dad had been sure he hadnt touched anything

As for religion and beliefs. I have none or I'm beginning to believe in something

I'd also like to add she has appeared in my dreams many times. She even rang my work in my dream to say I'm I'll and won't be coming in. Maybe I will try and communicate in my dreams as I've began trying to see if my mind can control the dream when I'm asleep
edit on 14-6-2012 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added bit extra

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm not seeing the weirdness here. you clearly stated that after your mother passed that, your dad wanted to fulfill the dreams they had together, and it seems that's just what he did. they talked about him getting another job working on the water, and getting bikes and you getting your license and all that happened. you two made it happen because you chose to.

top topics

join