It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Question regarding astral projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here's what happened last night I was determined to AP, So I meditated and felt vibrations and so on and when the point came I thought I was APing everything didn't seem to match up to what I have read I could fly but not fast and things seemed real like although I was dreaming however I do remember the point of coming out of my body and testing it by flying to my roof and whatnot. so here's my question is it possible that I dreamt about APing? because from what I've read things are supposed to be very bright and I remember it being almost black and white.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
yes it is possible you drempt...or possible you got out and didnt maintain awareness and fell into dream...but usually when you AP, you KNOW it...It is not dream like...dreams tend to be more vague, at least in my experience and those I have discussed this with.

My APs are usually shades of indigo color and everything is made up of pinpoints of light in different shades of this color.

I had one experience like yours, I felt I got out...but it wasnt as "real" as when I have gotten out...I know when I m seperating because I usually get stuck 1/2 in 1/2 out and when I finally pop out it is almost as if It is my own body moving..

It is as real as right now is real..know what I mean

It is possible that you got "out" and then snapped right back in which is very common also.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
yes it is possible you drempt...or possible you got out and didnt maintain awareness and fell into dream...but usually when you AP, you KNOW it...It is not dream like...dreams tend to be more vague, at least in my experience and those I have discussed this with.

My APs are usually shades of indigo color and everything is made up of pinpoints of light in different shades of this color.

I had one experience like yours, I felt I got out...but it wasnt as "real" as when I have gotten out...I know when I m seperating because I usually get stuck 1/2 in 1/2 out and when I finally pop out it is almost as if It is my own body moving..

It is as real as right now is real..know what I mean

It is possible that you got "out" and then snapped right back in which is very common also.

My lucid dreams are no less vivid then my astral projection experiences.

Yes it certainly is possible to dream about A.P. Now I wouldn't say that makes it a less profound or insightful experience...

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
well i farthest i got to get out of my body was when i was still vibrating and heard....voices.....scary voices

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well it looks like you're onto something CanadianConspirator. Congradulations on the first steps toward an AP/OOBE. My experience was also very similar, yet it's good that you were able to go past the vibrations and get out of your body. It was black and white for me aswell, except everything was black and I was glowing white, but couldn't get past the vibrations and acknowledgement of me being in that state.

Here is a link towards a thread that has gone on for a while now, with plenty of info to chew on: click here

Cheers.

deaf fences hit

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info guys normally I would have thought I would have just passed it off as a dream because of the dream like state however it was very lucid in the fact that I knew what I was doing and could control and conciously think about where I wanted to go if it weren't for things matching up to what i've read I would have thought it real but I seemed to go very slowly in my "flying" and things being in black and white. However now that you bring up I might have gotten out then snapped back into a dream brings up a good point because it was only once I got out and realized I was out there was a blank period in my memories and then it seemed like the rest of it started. Well I guess I better keep plugging away at it.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
the more it is on your mind the easier it will be to get out...So you are doing well..Lucid dreams are a doorway also...So if youu are lucidly dreaming of AP, you can make it so...I had a good experience with getting out thru a lucid dream. The whole idea is to maintain, or attain a level of awareness during sleep, and you have.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Lucid Dreaming, OBE, AP, Remote Viewing. All the same IMO. Id research them all if I were you. Remote Viewing is cool because it offers lots of ideas on how to develop the skill...but it's not original =) At least that's not what the shaman in me says

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ok I am making it my mission to AP hopefully with the help of you guys here on the board I'll be updating with my progress as often as I can.
Last Night: As I lay in bed I began to meditate and relax( thinking about the ocean) I feel the vibrations starting to come in and my head feels like i'm shaking quite hard. This unfortunately is as far as I got as I tried to life my hand of finger and disturbed myself.

So here is my question of the night. How long should I wait after vibrations set in to begin to lift myself out and do i lift it as thought I would do it while I was awake because this always seems to disturb me should I just think about lifting my arm??

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianConspirator
Ok I am making it my mission to AP hopefully with the help of you guys here on the board I'll be updating with my progress as often as I can.
Last Night: As I lay in bed I began to meditate and relax( thinking about the ocean) I feel the vibrations starting to come in and my head feels like i'm shaking quite hard. This unfortunately is as far as I got as I tried to life my hand of finger and disturbed myself.

So here is my question of the night. How long should I wait after vibrations set in to begin to lift myself out and do i lift it as thought I would do it while I was awake because this always seems to disturb me should I just think about lifting my arm??

Try to focus on the vibrations themselves and make them grow by allowing them to wash over you. concentrating on the vibrations will help you get out...Dont rush..rushing will cut you off...
Start with fingers and hands, or ...Try the rope method...An astral rope hangs before you and you will grab it and pull yourself out...I get stuck 1/2 out alot. If your hand wont pop...go back to focus on vibration...and try again...you will find that you can get many trys in one night...Once you are on the level, it is easier to get the vibrations again and again, in the same night, and consecutive nights...Forcing and rushing blows it....relax and maintain awareness...you will get another shot at it

top topics

join