It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrator shuts down Australian airport!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Can you imagine travelling with a vibrator and then causing the airport to be closed down because your vibrator went on and the humming and vibrations were thought to be a bomb!!! How humiliating! The article does not mention how the passenger reacted but maybe there will be an update on the article shortly.

Hundreds of airline passengers suffered disruption to their travel plans when a major regional airport was shut down for an hour after a humming and vibrating adult sex toy was mistaken for a bomb.

The vibrator was discovered at 9:15 am (2315 GMT Sunday) by a security officer who checked out a suspicious package inside a rubbish bin at the terminal cafeteria of Mackay Airport in the northeastern state of Queensland, a police spokeswoman said.

The terminal was evacuated immediately while passengers who had just arrived from a flight, check-in staff, cafeteria employees and hire car personnel were all forced to leave.

news.yahoo.com.../afp/australia_air_vibrator&printer=1

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It sounds like it was found in the trash, so perhaps no-one was humiliated.

But I too have this mental image of the inspector saying loudly, "And what do we have here?" and holding it up for all to see. Maybe the owner had that same vision and that's why they dumped it in the trash. Or maybe they couldn't get it to turn off.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I guess some can not leave house without it,

And perhaps it was just a prank.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is funny does the news have nothing better to do than to report on someones sex toy causing pause at a security check thats just to much information for me

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OMG, that's so funny.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What airport was this at?

They say "rubbish bin," was it in England?

Zip

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It was in Brisbane Australia.

If the airport is closed down people want to know why. I think the media had to report the cause of the delays if for no other reason than to assure everyone that it was not a serious security issue.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Doh! who cracked the case? Dick Tracy?

ok, that was bad...but it had to be done, hehe....

It'd be funnier if there was someone travelling with it and caught though, hehe...at least the person had to sense to throw it out before going through the baggage x-ray

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
about these kinds of devices.

I mean, couldn't a terrorist cell, armed with the proper sex toys gain control of an aircraft by over-stimulating the flight attendants until gaining entry to the cockpit , overpowering the pilots with humiliation and subduing the passengers with shame, stinging gels, and furry handcuffs?

Wasn't this possibility discussed in the top secret documents relating to the Peter North-woods Operation?. Why isn't the new Director of National Intelligence responding to this imminent threat?

Jeez. It gets more frightening to fly every day. I'm starting to think it's simply safer to stay home watching the playb- er, CSPAN channel!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Imagine the look on the security officials face as he pulls a humming vibrator from a trash can with bomb squad looking over his shoulder.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If you watch the reality show "Airplane" there is an episode where they have some buzzing luggage and they discuss various items they have found including some adult marital aids. The best part was the guy gloving up to check things out
They did not shut down the airport though

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SINthetyc
Imagine the look on the security officials face as he pulls a humming vibrator from a trash can with bomb squad looking over his shoulder.

for some reason and occurs taking in consideration that it happends out of the US I got this picture of a movie from the Pink Panther. Call me crazy but I use to love those movies, I guess is something about SINthetyc post that gave me the memory.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
From the look's of the artical it sound's like someone just wanted to shake thing's up at the airport.

This story is a good example of why airport security is a joke. I remember in 2002 right after homeland security took over the airport security in the united states there were 27 incident's in one day alone simlier to this incident.

But this is a good story and a good find

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I wonder if they will put it in the 'lost and found' area of the airport or if it will be in the 'unclaimed luggage' area. I also wonder if they have security cameras in the terminal and will be reviewing them to determine who placed the vibrator in the trash can. Would love to see their photo on the international news stations

"An international search is underway for this person who abandoned an object, thought to be a humming bomb, but turned out to be a sexual aid. Security cameras captured the person depositing their sexual toy in the garbage."

Better yet, maybe they will take DNA samples from it and try to find the person that way!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
It was in Brisbane Australia.

If the airport is closed down people want to know why. I think the media had to report the cause of the delays if for no other reason than to assure everyone that it was not a serious security issue.

Jemison

No, if you actually READ the article it clearly states Mackay - about 1000 KM away from Brisbane, I live smack bang in the middle of both places, Brisbane is a state capital and Mackay is a regional centre - big difference.

As for airport security being a joke, I whole-heartedly agree with you. On October 9th 2002 I managed to get a Magazine from a F-88 AUstyr (automatic rifle that the Australian Defence Force use) and one 5.56 round - these were on my CARRY ON luggage into Sydney Airport (Sydney being a MAJOR centre of our country for tourism and such). That was a complete joke, oh and I also got a Army Issue Clasp knife in aswell at the same time. I didn't do it to try to take over a plane or cause a media-hyped story, I simply forgot that they were in my bag.

Some images (not of my exact things, but what they look like):

Clasp Knife

AUStyr Magazine

5.56 (.223) Round

Very disturbing isn't it, imagine if I was a terrorist.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No, if you actually READ the article it clearly states Mackay - about 1000 KM away from Brisbane, I live smack bang in the middle of both places, Brisbane is a state capital and Mackay is a regional centre - big difference.

Sorry about that. At the beginning of the article it says "Brisbane Australia" so I just assumed that Mackay was a smaller area within Brisbane. I'm not familiar with Australia at all so excuse me for my inaccuracy.

That is amazing that you managed to get those items onboard! Glad I don't have any plans to fly to Australia anytime soon!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Good find Jemison! Now I wonder if it'll become an international fad!
Peggy Bundy will sure be upset!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Can you imagine travelling with a vibrator and then causing the airport to be closed down because your vibrator went on and the humming and vibrations were thought to be a bomb

Even more ridiculous.. bombs don't hum and vibrate.
Anyone who goes to the trouble of making a bomb
will use solid state electronics to initiate the
detonator. What are these airport security people
thinking.. someone using a kitchen alarm timer to set
off a detonator?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Sorry about that. At the beginning of the article it says "Brisbane Australia" so I just assumed that Mackay was a smaller area within Brisbane. I'm not familiar with Australia at all so excuse me for my inaccuracy.

That's cool, the Brisbane at the start is probably refering to where the reporter is based. And Australia is a huge place.

As for the things on the flight, I boarded a flight in Wagga Wagga (small regional area) which has NO checks - not even an X-ray or physical search. When entering Sydney Airport I was scanned multiple times with no results. I then hopped onto another flight (a 747) to Cairns which is in the very top of Australia. Then from that, through Cairns Airport, then through Mackay and Rockhampton (following the coast south).

All these airports and checks should have picked me up. It's disgraceful, I hope they didn't just let me through after looking at my boarding pass which had my Military rank plastered all over it and just assume that I would be a good boy with my toys - even more disturbing is that I was given access to the Cockpit so I could talk to the pilots about 'Uncommanded Slat Deployments' on long haul flights.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Ezekial]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Nmphos a national threat?

The funniest part is it probably belongs so some guy for his bad back(?)

Any other uses for a d.. i mean vibrator besides what we're thinking?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join