It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Mocks Kerry's Nuclear Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looks like Kerry didn't check with Iran
to see if they were onboard with his
idea to send nuclear materials to their
country. I'm surprised. I figured Iran
would JUMP at the chance to get this
stuff from us.

Kerry made this part of his 'I'm better than Bush
in foreign policy' talk. Guess he'll have to scratch
that off his foreign policy, along with getting France
and Germany to send troops to Iraq. Kerry said that
was part of his foreign policy but France and Germany
said it doesn't matter who is president of the USA,
they will not send troops.

Guess Kerry better come up with a new foreign
policy. There is less than one month until elections.

www.nysun.com...

Excerpt -

NYSUN
BY ELI LAKE - Staff Reporter of the Sun
October 4, 2004

WASHINGTON - The regime in Iran is rejecting Senator Kerry's proposal, floated last week in his debate with President Bush, to provide the mullahs with nuclear fuel in exchange for dismantling their atomic fuel cycle.

The spokesman for the foreign ministry in Tehran told reporters yesterday, "We have the technology and there is no need for us to beg from others." Entering such an agreement, the spokesman, Hamid Reza Asefi, said, would be "irrational."

"What guarantees are there?" he said. "Will they supply us one day and then, if they want to, stop supplying us on another day?"

Mr. Kerry criticized the president in Thursday's debate for failing to give adequate support to an initiative by Britain, France, and Germany to persuade Iran to suspend its enrichment of uranium.

In response to a question about whether sanctions and diplomacy can curb North Korea's and Iran's nuclear ambitions, the Massachusetts senator said: "I think the United States should have offered the opportunity to provide the nuclear fuel, test them, see whether or not they were actually looking for it for peaceful purposes. If they weren't willing to work a deal, then we could have put sanctions together. The president did nothing."

Iran's rejection of Mr. Kerry's proposal could undermine his campaign's central argument that America would be safer if he was president.

MORE INFORMATION AT THE ARTICLE

[edit on 10/4/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't think that Kerry or Bush plans for Iran are supposed to made Iran any happier after all both candidates are going to take actions against Iran in one way or the other and who cares what Iran thinks, they are going to try to do whatever their government feels its his rights to do.

North Korea has gotten away with it so far regardless of what the rest of the world think.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don't think that Kerry or Bush plans for Iran are supposed to made Iran any happier after all both candidates are going to take actions against Iran in one way or the other and who cares what Iran thinks, they are going to try to do whatever their government feels its his rights to do.

North Korea has gotten away with it so far regardless of what the rest of the world think.

The honest analysis of the Kerry impeachment of GWB, is that Kerry is creating a barnyard of fuzzy accusations...and by the sheer volume of negativity (true or not)...Kerry gets a nod that ''Hes in touch with everything''

the master of this 'fuzzy' , double-speak was WJ Clinton...as you've noticed with the North Korea debacle he created, and a succession of US leaders will have to contend with for many more years!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Personally I couldn't be happier that Iran has made it public that they won't go along with Kerry's plan. Kerry is all talk and the more that people see that he CANT back up what he claims the better off we all are. Better to know BEFORE the election that he won't do any better with foreign relations and getting more help from our allies than AFTER the election and when he is possibly in office.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
All the bad things I've been saying about Iran, I take half of them back.
To Iran for mocking the jerk that Kerry is!

With that being said and done, LETS NUKE 'EM NOW!

Seriously people, Do you really think that the extremists in the world are going to nefotiate with Kerry any better than Bush? No! Their wish is to destroy all of us, not just Americans with backbones like Bush has shown them. They want to kill the yellow-bellied Americans too, if you want to call them Americans.

[edit on 4/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Kerry reminds me of my friend Jason, He talks a big game when no one can verify his statements, but when the lights come on and we can see what he is saying, it's all BS. Face it, Kerry will say anything to be elected. Whether he belives it or not. His coalition has abandoned him, France and Germany will not come on board as he promised. Although I see that President Bush did get Germany to send armoured personnel carriers to Iraq.

top topics

join