It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

outlook express problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hello,

I'm not certain when my problem started, so I'm not sure what could be causing it! It never happened before.

When I open OE and try to read my messages I get the hourglass and my messages never load. I havnt let it sit there too long, so i dont know if I get any error messages after awhile. It just doesnt load the text in the window now for some reason like it usually did.
I can however go into the message properties and look at it in a binary type format, But anyone know why they're not loading right, out of nowhere?

Im running winxp 2000 sp1, (get error trying to update to sp2)?
um i never changed anything im aware of that would make this problem occur.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I dislike Outlook, I use Thunderbird. Try that if you can't get Outlook working

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok, I have an email handle from my isp that id like to keep.... i.e. "@verizon"
is it as easy as using another carrier and changing the option in internet explorer for default email?

what are some other good email alternatives

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus187
I use Thunderbird. Try that if you can't get Outlook working

Amen to that.

Follow this link: www.mozilla.org...

As you can probably tell, I am a Mozilla fanboy. (I LOVE FIREFOX. It rocks Internet Explorer's socks. TRY IT TODAY!)

Firefox & Thunderbird are the perfect combination.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes, Outlook Express is (like most Gates products) a piece of crap.

I have had the same symptoms before... you can see the sender and subject fields but nothing displays in the message box. Your OE database is corrupt. No email recovery program will help. You need to save the messages in your Applications-Identities folder securely then reload OE. It is a total pain in the butt. Good luck, don't buy Microsoft unless you absolutely have to.

E_T

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Yes, Outlook Express is (like most Gates products) a piece of crap.
It isn't just crap, it's huge aircraft carrier sized security hole.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I just got thunderbird and firefox the other day, all seems well.

But my problem is now that My thunderbird isnt recieving mail....using the email address i had for OE, the messages still go to OE even after making thunderbird my default mail program. what settings do i have to still change?
I want to keep the email i used with OE.

Also rather than start a new post, I'd like to ask you all about the windows udate and sp2 problems.
For awhile i couldnt even update windows update, now None of the updates work or fail to install, anyone else having this problem? Or better yet has anyone here been able to actually get sp2 or any other updates recently?
also beings im not going to be using IE or OE do i even need sp2?
I tried calling for help a few weeks ago, sounds like they're having widespread trouble with all the new updates and theres a waiting time on the phone like usual, so i figured I could wait and update when its possible.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Make sure you are not running Outlook at all. Uninstall it if possible. What it sounds like, is that Outlook is fetching the mail before Thunderbird can get to it.

top topics

join