It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite image of Aurora contrail?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Surfing the web and came across this image dubbed "Aurora." Looks like a satellite image of an aircraft doing some wild manuevers! Any thoughts on it?

Here's the url. Notice military in the address.

www.earthstation1.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well ist a shot of the UK and Netherlands... and that spinning thing looks like it starts just over london.. the reast is anyones guess.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Spaceship 1 ????

Spinning like it did on its first pass???

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrested
Spaceship 1 ????

Spinning like it did on its first pass???

Spaceship One took of from California. The coastlines in the picture don't look like anything like California's coast.

Like Corithas said, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.

If wish I coulkd find a sharper image.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My guess would be thats it just a stunt plane doing some meneuvers.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
My guess would be thats it just a stunt plane doing some meneuvers.

If thats really the east coast of the UK, then that contrail is 300 - 400 miles long, with each spiral being around 40 miles across. Indeed the width of the vapour is at a couple of miles itself. Thats not a stunt plane.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that what you are looking at is the contrail leavings of an AWACS plane circling while providing radar cover. I remember seeing pictures like this shortly after the 2nd Iraq War.

As for the military thing...you can create sub-directories with any name you like on your own web page so that's no real hint. Also, since AWACS craft are military aircraft, then putting such pictures in a military aircraft folder would make sense too.

Finally, keep in mind that Aurora contrails are supposed to be donuts on a rope. This is clearly a swirl caused by a circular emission being pushed by the wind...nothing like donuts on a rope.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Richard Price
If thats really the east coast of the UK, then that contrail is 300 - 400 miles long, with each spiral being around 40 miles across. Indeed the width of the vapour is at a couple of miles itself.

What...
, Your calculations are 100% speculative.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This just out: Aurora is actually a top secret stunt plane! ROFL

This stuff just keeps getting better and better.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I like the AWACs theory. Maybe it's something circling in one place and the spread is due to the wind blowing the trail SW? It then dissipates over land the local weather conditions change. The 40 mile across the "spiral" estimate looks about right, comparing it with the coastal features.

edit: oops sorry.. the wind spread was already mentioned!

[edit on 4/10/04 by muppet]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

What...
, Your calculations are 100% speculative.

Yeah 400 miles? Its almost impossible to judge perspective from the pic. THe AWACS or tanker post makes sence as does some sort of skywriting exersize? There is no way its a Aurora type plane. Can you imagine the G loading at Mach 5+ with those manuvers?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is "supposedly" an aurora contrail.

Whatever the image you have posted does not seem to have the "doughnuts on a rope" but it could do its taken from a sattelite so we cannot see close enough to know wether it has the doar effect as many believe the aurora has, so it could well be.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It does not have to be a plane. What if it was a missile test and a controll surface jammed. We just don't see the self destruct part when they cannot get it back under controll.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OR someone likes to have fun with photoshop and post pictures on the internet.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You could be right there fredt,

Look at the beggining of the trail it starts inland and ends in the sea.

Also i think it definately is the UK...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intensity
OR someone likes to have fun with photoshop and post pictures on the internet.

This is the links address: www.earthstation1.com...

I was scrolling down, checking out the many different aircraft and came across "aurora.jpg" and brought it up. It's the 81st picture down.

It says Aurora, but then who knows. The pilot and mission controllers of course, but it may be a structural-stress test flight.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This should close the book on this entire thread:

AWACS Contrail

Sorry it's not an Aurora...better luck next time.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with Markjaxson, those contrails don't line up with what was generally known as Aurora contrails.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Probably AWACS if it is recent could be due to the two ships carrying that Plutonium into France.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Those look like them. I've seen several hundred pictures of them and I've almost memorized what they look like. But they could have been dubbed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join