It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW TESTAMENT vs OLD: AFRICAN/ISRAELITE HISTORY OR GREEK HISTORY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is a site that I found while searching the net very interesting.....

THE LAW KEEPERS

NEW TESTAMENT vs OLD: AFRICAN/ISRAELITE HISTORY OR GREEK HISTORY?

By Cohan Michael Ben Levi.

Very few people have read the Bible in its entirety. Fewer people have read and researched the Bible in its orginal tongue. Therefore, true understanding of the Bible does not exist among the masses. Few people would admit that they have never really read or understood the Old Testament. It would also be hard for them to say that their real knowledge of the Bible is in the New Testament. Many people have been brainwashed. What they know and understand is what they have been told, rather than what they have read, investigated and understood for themselves.........

www.thelawkeepers.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I was shocked upon reading "African Myths" and I read a myth that was Mokui sits among the Gods or something like that.

Now I'm not all in favor of Sitzchen's ideas that the "Annunaki" were aliens that created us.

But this one story gives GREAT veracity to his ideas.

It talks about how a guy named whatever...mokui or something...decides he is going to be like a God, and so builds a tower of branches and stuff.

He climbs it all the way up to the heavens, and when he gets up there the Gods are angry and destroy his tower and he falls back to earth and never tries it again.

This is as much as I know with African Myth.

As for relating it to the New Testatment...whatever...there is little in the New Testament that draws from other Cultures other then Judaic, Greek, and Roman cultures.

But whatever...these "myths" are all very strange.

Some are very re-occuring, such as the "Source of All Rivers" and the "Tower of Bable" stories, of how the Gods or God made man have many languages.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Are you going to follow original teachings, or teachings that are a spin off from the original teachings?

Well the Original teachings is the Hebrew Israelite's teachings and the spin off is the Greek papers.

I've read about the lawkeepers, they don't accept the Greek writings. God's word never changes. That is why sometimes I feel Islam was sent down from God. Islam is basically the same exact thing as the teachings of the Hebrew Israelite. Because Christianity fell off so hard from the Original teachings, Islam was sent to preserve it. That's just my theory.

The Greek writings have been tampered with so many times through the years. Religion and politics dont mix. That's exactly what happened when Christianity mixed with Roman Empire politics, it became corupt like the Empire.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I've read about the lawkeepers, they don't accept the Greek writings. God's word never changes. That is why sometimes I feel Islam was sent down from God. Islam is basically the same exact thing as the teachings of the Hebrew Israelite. Because Christianity fell off so hard from the Original teachings, Islam was sent to preserve it. That's just my theory.

And I pray that instead of sending us the endtimes, God could see it in His/Her heart to send us another prophet - this time to bring the two religions together.

top topics

join