It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Items you would give anything to get back...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Openyourmind's dill chip thread inspired this. Sometimes a product comes into your life, you fall in love, and then some unempathetic, evil company removes your product, leaving you missing something.

So what products can't you find, that you would LOVE to have back.

I know what HHcore is going to post.....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
First thing that came to mind is the glass container Sobe dragonfruit.
So Good

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For me, it was Royals candy.

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

Did Sobe kill it?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yea it disappeared, at least where I live, about a month after I started drinking it

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BelowPublicKnowledge
First thing that came to mind is the glass container Sobe dragonfruit.
So Good

That was good! On a very similar note I miss Snapple's Rain (Agave Cactus) and Fire (Dragonfruit). I dont know what I would give to get them back but if they came back I would certainly purchase them again.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I know that this is not what you had in mind but.........

I want my grandfather back.

He was indoctrinated long ago with the corporate mentality of 'work your ass off until you die'.

Which he did.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wagon Wheels that actually were of a decent size would be nice

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How about fruit, with no sticker bearing a bar code? I'd love for "uncoded fruit" to make a comeback.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My Dad.

Died 4-19-2003

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Way back in the day (1970s), in southern California, Carl's Jr. used to serve a chili dog with jalepenos on top that was absolutely delicious, it was my most favorite fast food thing to order. They removed it from their menu back in the 80s and I was so bummed.

They brought it back a few years ago but it didn't taste the same at all (maybe because they're microwaving all their junk now).

Yeah, a Carl's Jr. big chili dog with the whole jalepenos on top, and their fries, would really hit the spot right now....

I also miss the classic Bob's Big Boy cheeseburger, and Marie Calendar's (from the restaurant, not the frozen stuff), but where I live, all these little towns have are Dairy Queens and an occasional Sonic.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
johnston's twilight desserts (cookies)
puffa puffa rice (cereal)

a note for potato chip fans, lay's lightly salted potato chips are very good. they're not oversalted like their regular chips and you can really taste the potato. the label is light blue.
edit on 6/8/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Flaky flix!!

was my favorite cookie for years,

then Mother's cookies went bankrupt..

man, i was bummed, still am...

www.google.com... 750

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
When I was younger I used to love Gordetto's deli mustard flavored gourmet pretzels. I can only find the original flavor now. I even spent one day visiting every grocery store on my side of town.

There also used to be a Schlotzchsky's Deli near my place when I first moved here. I loved it! Personal sized Thai chicken BBQ pizza and their awesome hot turkey deli sandwiches.

Lately my appetite has been very low. I never know what to eat because so few foods appeal to me right now for some reason (I'm not depressed)! When I can't decide what to eat, I really wish Schlotzsky's was still around in my part of the state.

And in the same tone of a few other posters, I thought I'd add my own loss. My grandfather used to make some papas fritas (fried potatoes) for breakfast with New Mexico red chili. I lost my grandfather (more like my father, really) a few months ago and haven't tasted his rustic breakfast since I was a little kid. Boy I sure miss those times.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

There is only one product that I do miss the taste of..

Burton's fish and chips

I think they were discontinued when the EU dictated guidelines for snack contents etc.

I hate the EU for ruining my favourite childhood snack.
edit on 9-6-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

there is a brand out that is very similar but I can't remember the name of it.

i'll post here after the next time I go to the store.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Bob's big boy is completely gone now isn't it? I haven't seen one in ages.

I do sight a Carls Junior now and then.

Now that I am back on the east coast, I miss in and out burger.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

here is a link to a similar product. I remembered the name after I had my coffee!

snyder's of hanover
edit on 6/9/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Oh yeah Snyder's. They're not bad at all. I really don't care for their honey mustard and onion pretzels though. The flavor is a bit off. But even worse...the pretzels are ROCK hard. I feel like I'm going to break my teeth just trying to chew on them.

I'm sure some of these missing products are still available directly from the manufacturer. Grocery stores and gas-stops probably can't afford to have a selection of every variety and flavor like they used to.

once again, great thread, OP!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Lemme see... REAL cherry sours, candy buttons, those nasty fruit water filled wax bottles, fizzies, teaberry gum, real djarums, McDonalds McRibs, I can think of about a million things from my childhood.. back when they didnt care if we were wigged out on sugar and when there were no seatbelts and riding to the gas station with dad for unfiltered ciggs was like a freaking amusement park ride.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join