It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicobacter pylori Infection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hello, all. I am wondering is any of the members have heard of, or are suffering with his illness.
Helicobacter Pylori

Symptoms of Helicobacter Pylori:

Nausea
Vomiting (With the throwing up of stomach Acid)
Frequent burping (All the time, and Loudly)
Bloating (Feeling bloated nearly all the time, especially at night)
Severe or persistent abdominal pain
Difficulty swallowing
Bloody or black tarry stools
Bloody or black vomit or vomit that looks like coffee grounds, or raw sewage.
Rapid Weight loss

H. pylori causes more than half of peptic ulcers worldwide. The bacterium causes peptic ulcers by damaging the mucous coating that protects the stomach and duodenum. Damage to the mucous coating allows powerful stomach acid to get through to the sensitive lining beneath. Together, the stomach acid and H. pylori irritate the lining of the stomach or duodenum and cause an ulcer.

Yet, most people infected with H. pylori never develop ulcers. Why the bacterium causes ulcers in some people and not in others is not known. Most likely, development of ulcers depends on characteristics of the infected person; the type, or strain, of H. pylori present; and factors researchers have yet to discover.

digestive.niddk.nih.gov...

I have been suffering with this nasty for many years, and just recently even discovered that I had it. H. pylori can only be treated with it is Active, then a combination of two antibiotics and Zantac must be taken for 10 days.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I had it back in 2007... It was horrible... Did not find out about it for 5 months after numerous blood tests and other tests... Finally a colonoscopy and endoscopy detected it. I had no appetite, lost a lot of weight and had a relentless gnawing pain in my abdomen.

I was prescribed the prevpack, which from what i remember was two different anti-biotics and prevacid.

It made it go away and I was so happy!!
edit on 7-6-2012 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I had a helicobacter infection some years ago, initially caused stomach ulcers, and, in time i beleieve partly responsible for causing pancreatitis, and, peritonitis.
I have since discovered the cure they gave me was worse, a DNA disruptor to disrupt the bacteria, they found later that it disrupts the DNA of the stomach as well as the bacteria, they removed it from the market.
I mentioned it to an nurse who said "Don't worry one treatment shouldn't do you any harm".
I didn't just have one treatment to get rid of it though, i had two full courses, as the first course didn't clear it.

A horrible bacterial infection, i lost loads of weight, and to this day, still have recurring pancreatitis, if you have it, i feel sorry for you, i also hope treatments are better today.
edit on 7-6-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

I also remember waking up EVERYDAY for months on end with massive amounts of stomach acid waiting to be heaved up, it was a thouroughly miserable two years.
Still have pain in the solar plexus area, feels like i have been punched, a slightly winded, sicky feeling that does not go away for days at a time.
In my case, i don't believe i have been entirely cleared of the symptoms or the bacteria, some days i really feel it, others, im ok, but waking up everyday is a new experience, never the same two days running.
edit on 7-6-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thanks for those, folks. Right now I feel OK, but am still talking the antibiotics twice a day. I am hoping against hope this will take the damn thing out of me for good.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I've been suffering with an acidic stomach for a few weeks now. The acid burn comes and goes as well as the nausea. Been reading up on it and some researchers in Denmark (not sure what country, but the general area) suggest supplementing with raw garlic and yogurt with live cultures while taking the medications.

I've been popping antacids all day and acid reducers but with little luck. I did get a couple of hours of relief after eating some yogurt.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
All I will say is.. "An APPLE (RED apple) a day (in the after dinner) will keep the "Doctor" away"..

For some of you with severe issues, a month, every day.. for less severe, 2 weeks. and after that, you should notice a difference. Keep eating those apples for a while after.

(Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor am I offering medical advice, I am merely suggesting, that due to the nature of what I have experienced, this might offer some help and offer some welcomed well-being.)

Kind, and helpful regards.
-Cyg

(p.s. eat it all except the stem, if possible, seeds and all, not the two ends, stems aren't tasty!)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Since making this post, I have had several friends come down with this. What's going on here? I think, operative word, think mine is over, but I'm still talking Zantac twice a day for the gassy feeling.

top topics

join