It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shell's Latest Oil Spill - This Time At A Private Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The irony... Shell donors and advocates get a taste of their own destruction at a private event.

The only thing more poetic is if Wall Street investment firm execs started choking on their own cash. I think the thing the upsets me most about this is that these people probably showed more empathy over this "wardrobe malfunction" than they did over the recent real oil spills. This should be national news.

How perfect is this? I'm just glad that guy didn't hand over his camera and got out of their party.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Cuervo because: Coffee...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! That may be one of the funniest tings I've seen in a long time.

These jabronis can't even manage a scale model!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Very fitting YT comment below the video sums up my sentiments exactly:

Wow! The oil industry thinking nothing can go wrong and when it does has no clue how to stop it.

Not surprising in the least.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
was funny

only the sad thing is, she payed for that wardrobe using your taxdollars.

was golden nonetheless.

instead of stepping out of the way she stood there for like 5 seconds freaking out

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

As soon as the oil spilled...

Security!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I have that phone please!!!! ROFL

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

instead of stepping out of the way she stood there for like 5 seconds freaking out

Which is exactly what BP did in the Gulf. The response time for that lady was very reminiscent of that whole situation. Almost like an allegorical tale told at a party. Perfect.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the body on the younger woman who came to help? Damn....

The rest of the video says it all. Rich white people being typical rich white people. Douchebags.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Hopefuly it's not a taste of things to come. But that was hilarious. Money up the wazoo but incompitant to the core. Very funny

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Cuervo

Hopefuly it's not a taste of things to come. But that was hilarious. Money up the wazoo but incompitant to the core. Very funny

I can imagine the press release: "Despite the efforts from all the 'granny bling', the oil still managed to pollute her clothing"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

As soon as the oil spilled...

Security!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I have that phone please!!!! ROFL

"Why are you still filming?"

I wonder if this was rhetorical.

Like, anything doesn't go anarchocapitalism's way and it's like, Fukushima blackout curtains all of a sudden.

ETA: The guy who went after the film was oozing bloodlust. His flesh was quivering with an instinct to just go for the kill, retract the 'please' from 'can I have that film please', and seize the camera device, no matter if he had to painfully immobilize the human holding the camera. So long as he got the film, he was thinking, I'll just do what ever it takes to do it. With each forceful attempt to get the film, the aggressor is increasingly, irretractably, committed to capture. In this case, he failed. But this example is exactly what we face in American jurisprudence, serving digitaltechnofascist ways and means. They see everything. It is who controls what is seen, that wins, in such a contest, which we've sadly allowed. This is why one 'patriot law' begets another. They're ALL IN.

Must I remind them that at this table, the stakes are high?

I heard the tone in his voice. It carried all sorts of weight, of which, the film person was supposed to understand.

Is it just a symbol, of our society???
edit on 7-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I guess she wasn't that upset. After all, when was the last time she had some gooy liquid sprayed in her face?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's looking like the video may have been a HOAX. I'm curious to know what you guys think.

GAWKER

The main proof that this is a hoax comes from the website of Wainwright & Shore, "a full service, integrated marketing public relations and interactive firm" supposedly based in Houston, Texas. Wainwright & Shore boasts "The company donates more than 300 hours of pro bono services to non-profit clients each year."

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSmediaPRO
It's looking like the video may have been a HOAX. I'm curious to know what you guys think.

GAWKER

The main proof that this is a hoax comes from the website of Wainwright & Shore, "a full service, integrated marketing public relations and interactive firm" supposedly based in Houston, Texas. Wainwright & Shore boasts "The company donates more than 300 hours of pro bono services to non-profit clients each year."

Man... I didn't believe that article until I looked it up myself. Yep... Here is where you'll see the connection to mayfirst.org.

This sucks. When The Onion does something like this, it's funny because it's The Onion. Passing this off as real only makes Big Oil look like victims and generate sympathy for them.

Totally upset by this.

top topics

join