It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Makes Even Democrats Wary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Found this article on how Senator Tom Daschle, D-South Dakota, is airing commercials in his home state about how he and Bush are closre than what the public may view. His commercials are directed at the pro-Bush population in his state so that he may have a chance of being re-elected.

Excerpts from the main story:

The brief embrace might seem an odd claim on re-election for the man Republicans depict as obstructionist-in-chief for the president's congressional agenda. But Daschle is one of several candidates with a common political problem as Democrats nurse fragile hopes of gaining Senate control this fall.

From the South to South Dakota and Alaska, they are running in areas where Bush is popular — and Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) not so much.

In the article, it says that there are a number of Democrats trying to distant themselves from the Kerry campaign. They seem to think that Kerry will somehow affect their re-election to the Senate.

Here's the main story. I thought it was pretty good.

[edit on 3/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I thought I saw on TV that Daschle is using a commercial
that shows him and President Bush walking together at
the White House, or shaking hands at the White house ...
something like that.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting considering about 6 months ago I received a telephone call from the South Dakota Republican committee asking me for donations so that they could get Daschle out of office. I was a little surprised by the phone call because I'm a California resident and normally calls for donations come from either California or the national committe. They went on and on about how imperative it was that Republicans work to be sure Dashcle was not re-elected and how my donation needed to go specifically to the state of South Dakota.

Hmmmmm....

Jemison

join