It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expose Edwards!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Bush, Kerry and Cheney have all been scrutinized on a daily basis by the press. Edwards seems to have been able to avoid being under the microscope and pretty much ignored by the media.

Other than Edwards being young, both in age and in politics I don't know anything about this man. I have read comments in various threads that lead me to believe that there is MUCH more to this man than what the Kerry/Edwards camp is telling us. Considering he could potentially be a President in the next 4 years I want to know who this man really is.

Can someone give me the 411 on Edwards and why he should or should not be our next Vice President? The juicier the better!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I found a website you might be interested in John Edwards's Skeleton Closet. I can really say how valid these claims are though, it really up to you to decide.

Some highlights

-Sweetheart Real Estate Deal with Saudi Lobbyist
-Highly Suspicious Campaign Contributions

www.realchange.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just because you asked:

From ABC News:

He was a personal injury lawyer who punished bad doctors and was awarded money for those who were victims of malpractice. He won't give the total of how much money he made doing that, but in just the four years before he became a senator, he made over $26 million.

Lawyers were the biggest contributors to his presidential campaign, and now they've become the biggest givers to the Democratic Party � bigger than labor unions, corporations � bigger than anybody.

Did "Junk Science" make John Edwards rich?

A great many of these cases are due to subtle infections of the child before birth," Freeman said. "That is the cause of the premature labor and the cause of the [brain] damage. There is little or no evidence that if you did a [caesarean] section a short time earlier you would prevent cerebral palsy," he added.

John Edwards - Trial Lawyer

An examination of Mr. Edwards's legal career also opens a window onto the world of personal injury litigation. In building his career, Mr. Edwards underbid other lawyers to win promising clients, sifted through several dozen expert witnesses to find one who would attest to his claims, and opposed state legislation that would have helped all families with brain-damaged children and not just those few who win big malpractice awards.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm......

I wonder if the media will start discussing either of these issues the day of or the day after the V.P. debates.

Interesting stuff to say the least! Thanks!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Edwards isn't in the news so much because he's so unremarkable. He's a trial lawyer representing people in accident suits, so already he's unpopular with pretty much everyone.

He'll be in the news soon enough, as Cheney is probably going to spank him good in the VP debates on tuesday. At least they'll be more interesting than the presidential debates with the paper and the pens and the earphones and the 'I'm better because I say so...' glaiven

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yeah, Cheney is gonna dazzle Edwards, the trial lawyer, with his superior debating skills

Cheney is a poor speaker, that's why you rarely hear from him outside his poor health, or some salacious comment about how if you dare to elect someone other than himself terrorists are going to come kill you.

Edwards is by far the superior speaker, and the discrepancy between him and Cheney is even bigger than between Kerry and Bush. I'm not sure how knowledgeable Edwards is on political matters, but you can be sure he'll be the one doing the 'dazzling.' If Edwards comes into the debate demonstrating he is just as knowledgeable as Cheney when it comes to presidential matters, I'm pretty sure Edwards will win. Cheney is just a poor public speaker as well, except in different ways than his buddy Bush.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A little inside tip here - I work for attorneys (please don't hold that against me!) In my state, it is perfectly legal to keep a deposit on a house even if the deal falls thru.

As far as personal injury and medical malpractice cases, nothing I saw in the quotes listed is any different then what my boss does... or should I say... what his secretaries do.

As far as getting lawyers to contribute to his campaign, I worked on campaigns for judges and a large portion of that money came from lawyers.

If you think lawyers suck, try working with four of them and you really want to hurl!

PS - I am looking for a new job next year.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
Cheney is a poor speaker, that's why you rarely hear from him outside his poor health, or some salacious comment about how if you dare to elect someone other than himself terrorists are going to come kill you.

I don't know, I just got done watching the 2000 VP debates between him and Lieberman. He wasn't a poor speaker, in fact, I thought he spoke very well. Just without a lot of emotion, that's all. Edwards has his charisma going for him, and usually, as far as Americans are concerned, that is the more important factor. That and height.

Gotta love television.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think saying Lawyers suck may be a bit of an understatement. Right. okay...Anyways Edwards is a Rich, Media Savvy Creature that gives all of the legit "Evidence" to the media about all the supposed "Bad things" Bush has done. But neglects all the good things he has done in Iraq and Afghanistan, like Building schools and providing food.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If the fact that he is a trial lawyer isn't enough to turn your stomach, you'd probably have the ability to sit next to Satan at Thanksgiving dinner and think nothing of it!

(This is the cue for several inlaw jokes!)

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Har-har. Almost funny. Only a few lawyers Really Suck, the rest...Just suck your blood. *Cough*

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Trial Lawyer?? From the descriptions i've been hearing on here, He sounds like a glorified- Ambulance chaser...

And as for these coments made earlier in the thread, they sure sound alot like some of the same skeletons in GWB's closet as well...

"Some highlights

-Sweetheart Real Estate Deal with Saudi Lobbyist
-Highly Suspicious Campaign Contributions "

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Trial Lawyer?? From the descriptions i've been hearing on here, He sounds like a glorified- Ambulance chaser...

Just what I was thinking. And how exactly does Edwards past fit in with Kerry's Health Care plan? What about in keeping health care costs low by reducing frivilious lawsuits?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Maybe there is a conspiracy in between the group of them which somehow has to do with Kerry's Health Plan, might be a problem to his brain with all that beuteaxe *Can't spell Beautexe* Anyways, Maybe Edwards did something to Kerry, maybe not.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
he can't be that good right? The fact that he was a trail lawyer makes me cringe and we know that if Kerry were elected there would be no stopping the 'crap' lawsuits and therefore everyone keep paying more and more to cover the crap guys like this do to feed their own pockets.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.gop.com...
All sorts of John Edwards Info.

To be Vice President, you must be capable of being president.
John Edwards isn't qualified to be president. 12 years from now
he might be. But not now.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

To be Vice President, you must be capable of being president.
John Edwards isn't qualified to be president. 12 years from now
he might be. But not now.

So if God forbid, Kerry gets elected and then again, God forbid, Kerry is assassinated (as much as I dislike Kerry I would never want a President to be assassinated), what would happen?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Edwards isn't qualified and yet he'd inherit the position.
He'd have to pick someone like Ted Kennedy or Hillary
to be VP. That VP would really run the country, although
everyone would think it was really Edwards because
he'd have the title 'president' but it would really be the
qualified VP running things.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
After years of defending the 'little guy' against 'the man', in 1996 his son Wade was killed. This was his impetus to go into politics and defend the 'little guy' against 'the man'.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeroQuake
...problem to his brain with all that beuteaxe *Can't spell Beautexe* Anyways, Maybe Edwards did something to Kerry, maybe not.

Uh... it's Botox, dude.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join