It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Western Dictatorship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ok, I hope this doesn't seem like a silly thread but i think it would be quite interesting to find out what people think.

When's the next 1st world dictatorship going to appear, and who are they going to invade? ( plz dont reply with George W Bush has already started it, this guys a drop in the ocean compared to history's leaders )

We've had the British Empire, The French Empire, The Nazi takeover of Europe... Which European or American country do you believe will start the next battle for total world ( or at least continental ) domination?

We had the 2 world war's last century, things have seemed to have cooled down somewhat in Europe at the moment but based on the history this shouldn't last for long.

Will it all end in nuclear disaster? if so.... would Europe be subject to invasion from Asia/Middle East/Africa? Or would it be a long war of struggle as all nations would be too afraid to use nuclear weapons, making a land battle more likely?

It's all rosey at the moment but if you look at Europe's history, it's one of war.

I would be interested to hear people reply's on this, who will it be? or is that us settled down now for century's?

Looking forward to your reply's.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Snoopdopey]

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Snoopdopey]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Id ont think there will be a nother great take over because nations like England and America that are allies would be very hard to deafeat in open (which is required for large domination).

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ok not to get picky, but Great Britain are Allies with America, including Scotland
Wales
and N.Ireland
.... Plz dont be ignorant and post only 1 of the members.

It's an on going thing, which is especially annoying when people talk about the war and how England won, there were a lot of Scots, Welsh and Irish in there too.

Anyways, on with the topic

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oh really sorry im only 12 im dumb
im at the age where things like this
ammuse me

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
but do u agree with me

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I dont know, It's very settled at the moment but all you need is 2 powerful head of state's to kick off a war.

Germany's constitution was recreated in order to avoid episodes such as the nazi's having power or getting into a position of power, but at the end of the day, it's only words on paper.

I think it would be niave to say there wont be another war in Europe.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh yeah i agree but i dont know if it will be like WW2 due to having things like UN to help prevent wars or stop them if they do start. How about a Muslim vs western world conflict? any possibility you think

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, that looks most likely to happen the way things are going at the moment, but i meant 1st world countries in battle against each other not 2nd and 3rd world countries.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Historically democracies don't go to war with one another, so the question requires asking 'which western country is the most likely to switch to a non-democratic government'. Russia looks like its the most powerful one that would most easily go thru this, of course serbia is allways a danger in this respect, and one has to wonder what might happen in Turkey, or if the Scandanavian countries might, say in reponse to immigration, go thru something like that.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I believe the next Western dictatorship will be the E.U.. They've already got a common currency and now they're pushing for a common military. Next, I believe it'll be a common language.

I hope that the United Kingdom never joins. I like the way the pound is a powerful monetary unit. I'd rather be a millionare from the U.K. than one from anywhere else in the world.

Getting back to the thread, I believe that Roman Empire is likely to rise from it's ashes, with Pope as the Ceasar.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I believe the next Western dictatorship will be the E.U.. They've already got a common currency and now they're pushing for a common military. Next, I believe it'll be a common language.[/QUOTE]
Why would that be a dictatorship tho? The Eu is set up with a rather weak central gov, even if someone took it over, it doesn't seem like they'd be able to be a dictator with it.

Getting back to the thread, I believe that Roman Empire is likely to rise from it's ashes, with Pope as the Ceasar.

The ashes of the Empire are pretty cold. Since the pope was not a roman official when the empire was around, why the heck would it be now?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The ashes of the Empire are pretty cold. Since the pope was not a roman official when the empire was around, why the heck would it be now?

Italy has a democracy that enables it's citizens to vote. The Pope has had major influence in political decision making,around the globe, since the Catholic church was formed. The E.U. is a pre-curser to the New Empire. The church ruled for many centuries and I don't see what would stop it's rise again.

The Pope, as leader, is entirely my speculation.

new topics

top topics

join