It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide and thread warnings.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Originally posted by g146541
One can keep their blood sugar within specs and still not be cured of diabetes.
Some things just have no "CURE".
No matter what your nameplate says.

...you didn't say Diabetes...nor did you say 'some things'...you said 'mental health problems'...

Either way, there still is no "CURE", sure you can take meds and make yourself seem normal.
But as soon as you miss or stop, your body goes deficient for what it needs.
You cannot simply just get a surgery and voila, you are normal, or a one time vaccination.
Unless you can list the one that has been cured other than via labotomy, I'd hardly call that normal though.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Please take a moment to research the wealth of recovery stats independent of medications and/or other clinical interventions that are freely available out there in the cyberworld (and elsewhere).

Might sound *wierd* coming from a 'clinician', but really all I/we do is provide whatever options are available to us(and hate to say it, but its true, sanctioned by our applicable professions codes of practice).

There are so many other options and pathways out there...rather than the mainstream Medical Models types approaches.

Guess like anything in life...there are likely more grey areas than there are pure black and white ones.
Still...on goes the debate regarding any mental health issue...is it chemical imbalance, is it social imbalance, is it a,b,c or d...personally - just from experience and so forth - I'd say it likely rests more in a big ol mish-mash of all of it...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

I agree, some things can be uber manageable but there is a reason why doctors cannot put a CURED label on many things.
What works for one may not work for another.
But I feel at this point we may be debating the tedious points.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No, he wasn't wrong..but, he was sick and knew what was ahead of him, especially at 87 years old. He had a right to die with dignity.

However think about that angry 17 year old kid with his whole life in front of him...only he can't see that life because he's clouded by anger and depression. Both of which can be treated. Should he be able to kill himself?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join