It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonardo Da Vinci: The Extra-Dimensional Messenger

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Upon using the search function, I am aware there are a few threads about this subject matter from the past, but I believe I'm contributing some new information and hope this starts some great discussion!

I first came upon this knowledge a few weeks ago, after watching an episode of Ancient Aliens about Da Vinci and his mirrorworks and perhaps had contact with ET or ED's. They had shown an artist on the show who altered the Mona Lisa to reveal the ''Helmet'', which is incredible in its own right, not to mention the sketch Da Vinci made later of the same helmet. I wanted to see more artwork, but the show had other plans, and went onto other topics (although still informative).

I graduated college for photography in late 08 and completed much artwork involving Photoshop and photo-manipulations throughout my teenage and into my adult years, I'd say I understand composition and art theory as well as any, although by no means am I brilliant. I wanted to see for myself how his artwork looked when I layered and flipped one layer horizontally. I learned earlier to look for unique hand positions that he painted as an indication of where to place the layer... so I took it from there, and here's what I have.

Here is the first I will show: Leda and the Swan, 1505

And here is after I duplicated, flipped horizontally, and changed the top layer opacity to 50%, and moved the layer into position.

Since this was the first I finished, I was obviously compelled to see more.. here are the rest of my edits with the original artwork titles above each one. One could look at them for hours and still find something new to look at with each moment.

As a note here, I think its important to mention that I am not claiming these as ''artwork'' that I own in any way, only edits of popular works for public research. I just did the editing and adjusted the layers based on intuition and hand positions.

Leda C., 1530

St. John in the Wild, 1510

My favorite is to come, Madonna of the Rocks, 1495-1508

Here you can see the children angels looking at something, almost playfully touching some invisible energy next to her hand.

And here is after the edit, my mind is blown.

So its common knowledge that Da Vinci worked in secret and loved adding mind-bending techniques and hidden messages in his most famous work. Sacred geometry is found in his works as well, in many different forms. My theory here is this: A superior intellect such as the one were discussing clearly has the ability to, on the surface of the painting, show what the Church WANTED to see, and only reveals the true work if you know where to look. I believe these are the representations of Extra-dimensional beings with deeply imbedded symbolism which we may not have the answers to yet... Maybe this was meant to be found in this part of our human timeline. Who knows?

Please discuss, thanks for any and all feedback.

-Tanulis

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
While I have very little input as to his techniques or whether or not these are all legitimate messages or symbols.. I can say this is fascinating and beautiful. Da Vinci was perhaps the most interesting and intelligent person that has ever lived. I think we will be unraveling his secrets and mysteries for many years. Even if this isn't the way his images were intended to be mirrored, flipped or deciphered.. It is still interesting to see.

Star and Flag for a unique and awesome thread. Perhaps we'll see more from you?
edit on 5-6-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Certainly! Most of the time I only want to contribute when I know I have something really unique to talk about. Usually I'm a lurker and occasional commenter.

Thank you for the discussion, I understand your skepticism regarding whether this was intentionally meant to be viewed that way, and I would have agreed with you before I did the research myself!
edit on 5-6-2012 by Tanulis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

I see many images and symbolism pertaining to Eastern religion that would've been somewhat inaccessible or unknown to Da Vinci and people of this era in Europe. I have always felt that Eastern religions resided in a more spiritual and natural manner. Perhaps these secret messages portray similar thoughts that Da Vinci may have been persecuted or condemned for openly expressing.

edit on 5-6-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Absolutely, once he finished something, It had to be approved by the church. A man of superior intelligence would find other ways to show his wisdom, however stifled it may look on the surface.

As if he shrugged his shoulders in defeat with the news that he could only draw the glorious stories of the Church's own tales, he found a way to divulge the information he truly wanted to be seen.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

Very interesting stuff Tanulis!!
S+F

The first two images when mirrored go from looking like Christian like imagery to depictions of hindu like gods IMO.
Do you think he intended his paintings to have these strange symmetries in them,and if so why did he do this?

I am intrigued to see/read more of this stuff about Mona Lisa and the helmet you mentioned.

And about these hand positions-can you explain more about what to look for,and its significance?
What a guy Leonardo was-I would love to be able to pop back in time and get some lessons from him.
Great thread!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What also strikes me as odd is the presence of an owl like figure on the top two images. The first image is VERY intriguing because there are children that look like they are hatching from eggs.. And those eggs when mirrored form the wings of the owl at the bottom.

The poses and forms when mirrored are VERY reminiscent of Eastern Religion and spirituality. I almost have to believe that some of that can't be coincidence.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Here is the helmet you find in ''The Virgin and the Child''

The same helmet you find when you mirror image the Mona Lisa, some other artist ''uncovered'' this last year

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Tanulis

And about these hand positions-can you explain more about what to look for,and its significance?

Hand positions have long been used to indicate where the eye should be drawn to. This is a textbook case of that, he knows it well. The way he placed certain hand positions of these works is where I placed the layers in some cases

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

Good freaking grief!!!

That is one creepy looking entity.
Reminded me of Crowley's "Lam"as soon as I saw it for some reason(could be the symmetrical nature).

I wonder as well if another of Leonardo's classic images,"the vitruvian man"can be mirrored in ways to make weird results.I bet it could be.

What a genius-not only did he produce incredible artworks,but they have layers of hidden meaning.
I have always loved Salvador Dali's use of double imaging-making two images from the same scene:

But Leonardo took things to a different level so much earlier in time.
Great thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The Vitruvian Man is almost a mathematical lexicon of information, here is a link on all the great things we can extract from it: Geometric Construction of the Vitruvian Man

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

Have you tried applying your technique to any random portrait (or photograph)?

edit on 6/5/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

There is some evidence that the Vitruvian Man may not be Leonardo's original work.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Being a graphic artist myself and one who works with a lot of layering, I can really appreciate your work here, I watched that "AA" show myself and was hoping they were going to show more about it. I love this post of yours, just wish you had added the other originals that you had worked on for comparison as there may be a few members that arent as familiar with his work. Great job though indeed. Good eye.
SnF

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The intellectuals during this time idyl their free time pondering eastern esoteria that was uncovered during the Crusades. This knowledge they uncovered opened up western minds to eastern dualism, the origins of gnosticism have their roots during this rich era in which the common conceptions of the Christian mind was challeged for the first time since the Church's bloody beginnings. The one truth known to gnostics is that the Creator is the Demiurge, the same creator who happens to be the Christian god was also it's own devil, a strange, blasphemous idea that was venom to the establishment but salicious to eager, smart minds who love to talk in quiet circles away from Church ears. Da Vinci was using his art, like many other artists and thinkers at this time, to hide this great new idea, a kind of wink and nod to other "illuminated" souls. Afterall, the Bible states that God is the alpha and the omega, and idea that confuses many but is quite clear to those in the know.

You can trace the Enlightenment's origin to this unique idea as well. The same Age of Enlightenment that lead to the American revoltion and the birth of Republics and private ownership. All it took was the concept of the individual and the radical new idea known as Liberty and Freedom and it came from the idea that God and the Devil are one, an idea that was long forgotten and kept swept aside it seems....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

The images you have created are beautiful!I have NO art background.Please explain why these whould be depictions of ED beings instead of just his use of symmetry?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I want more !!!
But seriously, if you have more by all means show em.

This is the first time I ever saw these kind of manipulations of old paintings. Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
OP, have you tried to mirror impose horizontally afterwards? That might turn up interesting. John in the wild points left and down, might be a hint?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There is some evidence that the Vitruvian Man may not be Leonardo's original work.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I shall look into this on my next days off work.
Thanks for the heads up Phage,and nice Avatar-is that you?
Cool.

However,Leonardo still rocks IMO.

You should mirror your old avatar,the one with the electric tongue jobbie.
That would look really odd Phage,you logic monkey you.
Forgive me,You are an asset to ATS,as always bud.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hmmm.. I think what you have done is amazing and I also think there will be more information able to be extracted when trying variations and different approachs to deciphering. I have always love ancient symbols but it drives me nuts that we have all of this information but still have not put the pieces of the puzzle together. Someone should set up a meeting and invite all secret socities from all countries together and stop hoarding information the humanity desperatley needs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join