It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia - people smugglers paradise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
searched for this , found nothing, so here is my take on it anyway. Boats full of asylum seekers are flooding Australia recently due to our useless gov not protecting our borders.......or do they have a hidden agenda, such as, let them in and we get more votes. If a TV reporter can discover the truth about these criminals entering our country, surely the gov must know something. In local radio reports one of these men was fast tracked into society with free housing, health and welfare,in fact he was the first person off the boat he was on to receive the red carpet treatment, and then proceeded to organise more boats to make the dangerous journey here, his family all granted asylum and all given public housing,health and welfare. What has happened to our once sane country? ....... www.abc.net.au...............................www.abc.net.au... How long before a suicide bomber disguises themselves as an asylum seeker and enters our country...............!!! K A B O O M !!!................
edit on 5-6-2012 by scratcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
And how long until we realise that we are all people first. Nationalities are only one part of our identity, there is a lot more to being human. Boats have been coming to Australia for thousands of years and it is unrealistic to expect all this to suddenly stop.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by scratcher

Australia will be the new america.

Don't be surprised if you start getting boatloads of mexicans.

Being an island has isolated you for a while but it's about to fail.

Then there's the inevitable jetliner getting flown into your buildings while someone shouts "Allah Ahkbar" over the radio before they hit.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by scratcher

Australia will be the new america.

Don't be surprised if you start getting boatloads of mexicans.

Being an island has isolated you for a while but it's about to fail.

Then there's the inevitable jetliner getting flown into your buildings while someone shouts "Allah Ahkbar" over the radio before they hit.

Can we round some of our Mexicans up and send them that way? We have an excess here and I honestly cant understand a word they are saying.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

They don't want to come here. Couple weeks ago our mexicans started hopping the fence to go back to mexico. That should tell you how bad it's gotten here.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by scratcher
searched for this , found nothing, so here is my take on it anyway. Boats full of asylum seekers are flooding Australia recently due to our useless gov not protecting our borders.......or do they have a hidden agenda, such as, let them in and we get more votes. If a TV reporter can discover the truth about these criminals entering our country, surely the gov must know something. In local radio reports one of these men was fast tracked into society with free housing, health and welfare,in fact he was the first person off the boat he was on to receive the red carpet treatment, and then proceeded to organise more boats to make the dangerous journey here, his family all granted asylum and all given public housing,health and welfare. What has happened to our once sane country? ....... www.abc.net.au...............................www.abc.net.au... How long before a suicide bomber disguises themselves as an asylum seeker and enters our country...............!!! K A B O O M !!!................
edit on 5-6-2012 by scratcher because: (no reason given)

Can I please make the rest of you aware that, this idiot does not represent us Aussies as a whole.

I don't even know where to start with how idiotic, fear driven and misinformed this thread is. I mean, God forbid people in third world countries suffering attrocities seek asylum in the greatest nation on earth!

If a TV reporter can discover the truth about these criminals entering our country

Any basis for your claims here? Who are criminals? What crimes are they guilty of?

Mate, you need to get a grip...seriously. Come for a trip over to multi cultural Melbourne and have a first hand look at people from all corners of the earth living together harmoniously.

How long before a suicide bomber disguises themselves as an asylum seeker and enters our country...............!!! K A B O O M !!!................

Are you serious? Like...I know you wrote it and all but do you honestly believe that? How many suicide bombers have found their way in to other Western nations disguised as asylum seekers.

Seeing as you're such a fan of doing so, let me draw some conclusions about you;

-You are idiotic
-Narrow minded
-Have a strong fear of the unknown (people from other countries/cultures)
-Have a very low IQ
-Are easily lead/influenced by your peers

Go jump in the bay with the sharks you moron.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I agree Pirateofpsychonautics

This OP does not represent the majority of Aussies and it makes me a little sad to think that people still think like this.

Peace, Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
People go on about Gillard and her policies towards seekers,
So, what did Howard do?

People say he turned the boats back but how?

Did they continually put warships in the path of the boat until they turned around?

Did we just tow them back to port of origin?

Did we just shoot them and move on?

Surely sending a old, leaking boat over crowded with starving people back across the indian is going to send them to the bottom of the ocean.

How would YOU deal with seekers?

Personally?

Id put them straight on a flight and send them to the immigration department of their home country!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am getting sick of the immigration laws here in Australia. Sick of our government selling us out to other countries such as India, sick of having to speak to a person who I cannot understand on the phone, Sick of foreigners and their door to door knocking to persuade me to change electricity companies. Sick of hearing about the Sudanese, Somalian street gangs in out major cities looting, beating and robbing our hard working Aussies. Sick of all of it. Sick of hearing about how on arrival they have been given $30,000, a house and even a car in some cases while our own Aussies continue to battle and suffer. Sick of everything about our government and I am actually starting to hate being an Aussie myself. This country is a sell-out and nothing more. Even the Chinese are cashing in, opening businesses and only letting Chinese nationals work for them. What has our country come too?

edit on 5-6-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

I do not agree. These people come over without a clue of our laws and start doing what they were doing in their country here. Only the other day my mother almost witnessed a bloodbath in front of her work place between Africans and Aboriginals. The africans were loaded with machetes which I guess is normal in Australian society, isn't it? Screw em, send them back if they think like that. At least the true culture of this country have the decency to talk and interact with you unlike those untrustworthy scumbags who continue to rob, assault our aussies in their two bit street gangs.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Wow, racism is still rampant I see, I should have known better.....

The world has changed, deal with it as it will never be the same again.

We need to accept all types of people and live in a multi-cultural society where not everyone will see eye to eye all the time.

Seekers and immigrants are bound by our laws if they live here, is that not enough for you? Do they need special laws to make them more Aussie for you?

What if the shoe was on the other foot and it was you that is seeking asylum in another country, what would you want or expect from the country that you were fleeing to, what would you expect from them if anything?

Or would you not jump on a boat with your family to escape certain death?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Any basis for your claims here? Who are criminals? What crimes are they guilty of?

did you even watch the report?. In your opinion ,it is legal to bring boat loads of people to another country and take their money in the process! The criminals are the organisers , do i need to explain the whole story to you, maybe a little research would make you a better judge of people.For one, i am not a racist, and two, i do represent a large part of aussies on this issue,............. you moron!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I cant speak for Australia but I can speak to what I see here and what I see as the problem is not only the fact that the Mexican population is booming and they are taking over parts of the city. The biggest problem to me as stated above is a complete lack of respect for our laws and this country. They want to be here to work but they do not want to obey our laws. They drive without licenses or insurance and if they hit someone in traffic they run or risk being departed. They fly Mexican flags on their cars and part little rat wagons in every parking lot around and sell food out of them without proper permits in most cases. And the worst part is that they are in many cases entitled to more government programs than I am. They can get healthcare for free because they just dont pay for it. They invade our emergency rooms and use them like the doctors office. In many cases they can get free educations which they will not use here. They will make some money and then go back to Mexico with it. They dont pay taxes or social security.

Years ago a group of people crossing your border and flying another countries flag would have been an act of war. Now we just let them.

But the fact that they are here I dont think is what the OP is upset about. It is the lack of respect given and the un willingness to learn the language, the laws or the customs.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

That is not racism. I have many friends who are of other ethnicities and btw, I would not risk catching a boat anywhere, with anyone simply because I would most likely be caged like a dog by breaking the law, very similar to most who try to get into our country on them 2nd hand boats that looked like they fell off a cargo ship.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
And how long until we realise that we are all people first. Nationalities are only one part of our identity, there is a lot more to being human. Boats have been coming to Australia for thousands of years and it is unrealistic to expect all this to suddenly stop.

When there are finite resources and habitable land to sustain our current lifestyle, that is a noble but stupid thing to say.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I think you will find that most of them do not jump on to escape certain death... When they jump on them boats, they are signing a death wish anyway. They risk their lives to get here, so what is the difference in staying in their own countries?

With that they can afford to pay a people smuggler to get them here, it isn't cheap. Why don't they just do it legally because I'm sure it would be cheaper that way anyway.
edit on 7-6-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

We have a similar problem here concerning certain people from certain cultures, coming here, getting jobs for cheap labour, send money back to India or China and then we wonder why people cannot sustain fulltime employment and the country is heading south, even though it is already south...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hold on a minute,has this thread been derailed by Pirateofpsychonautics calling the racist card ? I have just returned from the absolute outback of Australia , working with the indigenous people of this land, alongside spanish ,irish, italian and many asian workmates , and you Pirateofpsychonautics have the hide to call me racist. Well i put this challenge out to any ATS member to read the OP and watch/read the report and inform us all how the thread was racist in any way. I call Pirateofpsychonautics to be a complete reason why ATS stands for DENY IGNORANCE , and you sir should be ashamed of yourself and re-assess why you are here!

edit on 9-6-2012 by scratcher because: typo
for those of you that are interested , here is the conspiracy www.watoday.com.au... . www.abc.net.au... .www.dailytelegraph.com.au...
edit on 9-6-2012 by scratcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

join