It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic Holocaust in 2006

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriowm
You are so dumb, you dumb dumb dumb dumb stupid head, you can find these codes in Moby Dick.
PS: You are a #@$%ing @ss #$%^er.

How old are you, 6? I would suggest a little more thought be put into your post if you are going to disagree with someone. Thats a good way to get banned.

Let me give you an example.

I have read in a few places that you can get these codes from ANY text. If this is true, then how can we actually consider the bible codes revelant? I understand that the words are close in the context of the page, but if you can do this from any book, how could it really be considered bible codes, much less reliable?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriowm
You are so dumb, you dumb dumb dumb dumb stupid head, you can find these codes in Moby Dick.
PS: You are a #@$%ing @ss #$%^er.

Did you get the trouble of registering just for this?

Thats nice, for your first post.

[edit on 9/10/2004 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
bible codes are all well and good..but ive seen something freakier.when i was in holiday (well if you can call it that...i hate visitin relatives!) well anyway when i was on holiday in India we went to Jammu and went to a museum.they had a 300 year old painting of a mushroom cloud with a finger pointing up and body parts around the top edge of the mushroom cloud.id say thats a better prediction of the future than nostradamus,wouldnt you?

and also i agree.its easy to know whats happened,look back on his quatrains and decide it was predicting it.this makes it more of a historical record that a prediction.

and also yes you can find stuff about assassinations and wars in moby dick.

and also that program on sky one (where im assuming you got the inspiration for this post) has one major flaw in its logic with regard to the assassination prediction.its obvious someone was going to assassinate that guy eventually,now after this guy "predicts" it that persons going to think its his calling from god to kill him.

sorry if this post seems a bit disorganised its 10:30 and im tired lol

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
oh great! now the topics been sidetracked. you know i should start a thread where we just insult each other.

yep! it was that sky one show! how'd you guess?

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Atomix]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have briefly read some of the predictions, not enuff to be aware of the dates, but just wanted to menchen something about the third world war. Growing up in the cold war I never really thought I would live long enuff to beacome an adult, because of the thret of war. Well that did not come to pass, then when the cold war ended, things were looking pretty rosey for the posibility of not haveing a war with WMD. Then came the terrorest element. And again I do think we will have a war with WMD. I wont try to guess on the events leading up to it. I just think this will happen because of the state this world is in that we happen to live in. It has nothing to do with codes or predictions.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Predicting is just a big arse guessing game, Anyone can do it.

I don't believe their will be a World War III, well at least the way you guys describe it. I think the next world war will be a fight for freedom from government depression either from the middle east or the western countries.

Why is the holocaust in 2006
I graduate from HS that year

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As far as Nostradamus goes, I wouldn't put too much faith in any of
his blatherings. Nostradamus NEVER predicted ANYTHING. It's always
AFTER something happens that people say, "oh look what Nostradamus
predicted". Why don't they ever say "look, Nostradamus predicted this
or that BEFORE it happens? It has never happened even once.

I think that if Nostradamus were to eat a gallon of beans for supper,
he couldn't predict a f*rt.

ZOOMER

[edit on 9-10-2004 by ZOOMER]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
tHE VERY FACT THAT IT IS BLANTLY PREDICTED IS THE REASON IT WON'T COME TRUE. ANYTHING PREDICTED MUST BE VAGUE OR IT WONT ALWAYS COME TRUE, AND ESPECIALLY WITH SOMETHING SO DIRE. THE COURSE WILL BE CHANGED NOW.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZOOMER
As far as Nostradamus goes, I wouldn't put too much faith in any of
his blatherings. Nostradamus NEVER predicted ANYTHING. It's always
AFTER something happens that people say, "oh look what Nostradamus
predicted". Why don't they ever say "look, Nostradamus predicted this
or that BEFORE it happens? It has never happened even once.

I think that if Nostradamus were to eat a gallon of beans for supper,
he couldn't predict a f*rt.

ZOOMER

[edit on 9-10-2004 by ZOOMER]

His writing are not "blatherings". Please give this man a little more credit, his teachings did stop the bubonic plague and his colleagues became jealous of him for it. So, don't just write this man off as a charlatan.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
what was that about nostro and him stopping the plague?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hi,

I have seen enough from the Bible Codes to believe that there is, in fact, information about the future encoded in the Torah by God (Yhwh) 3000 years ago. I think God put it in there to show that He is the "Ancient of Days" as another testimony to who He is.

I think we have stumbled on to some of the associations in the past 10 years, but we don't have any official key yet. We are getting only a first
level set of associations of names that appear together so far. They are far more accurate in this framework when looking at recent past events, but it really takes the full key to the code to be able to say that the word associations in a given text predict the future. For example, the year 2000 codes had both Gore and Bush near the word President. You have to know the full construction of the code to know exactly what it would say about who will win for certain. We are looking at only the tip of the iceberg in the codes. I think there is layer upon layer of history encoded in the torah in incredible detail.

As for finding codes in other books, you may get lucky finding one or two in another major tome, but none like the concentration found in the Torah. There is also a devil who knows about the code God put in the Bible. With that in mind, the best way to delude the public about the validity of the Bible is to help other authors create books that have other examples so people can point to these and discount the Bible's encoding. Again, no other writings have even close to the concentration of codes that the Torah has.

God intended us to be able to look back at recent events and tell that He had in fact inspired His word in the Bible. He did not intend us to fully decode it for the future so we don't have and likely will not figure out the full key --- ever.

God put the codes in as a testimony to the last days people that He, in fact, is the Ancient of Days, the Potentate of Time, but that we must trust Him for our futures, for our eternity.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by managerie
There is also a devil who knows about the code God put in the Bible

Whats that all about?

Now there is a special devil running around creating stuff to make people disbeleive in the bible codes?

Why shouldn't large texts have these codes? People aren't saying its only in some texts, they are saying any sufficiently large text will have codes. With that in mind, the torah/bible should have naturally occuring codes in it. How does one distinguish between these naturally occuring codes and divinely inspired ones?

Again, no other writings have even close to the concentration of codes that the Torah has.

But the torah information is only found when looked for. One applies the code finding method and gets them. So with so many different people looking at the torah for the code, then its natural that it should have more. Also, the code in the torah, its found by looking at the hebrew writting right? Doesn't that open lots of it up to interpretation?

ended us to be able to look back at recent events and tell that He had in fact inspired His word in the Bible.

Why? If he wanted to make people know he did this, why doesn't he just make his presence know to do it?

He did not intend us to fully decode it for the future so we don't have and likely will not figure out the full key --- ever.

So then the torah/bible code can only be accepted as a matter of faith then right?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
How do someone search for something with those codes?

If I want to search the codes to find out who is going to win the US elections should I search for the word "president" or, because I am Portuguese, should I look for the word "presidente"?

If I want to search Rasputin, for instance, do I search with the roman alphabet or the Cyrillic? Or maybe the Hebrew?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I find it hard to believe that we would team up with FRANCE
and GERMANY to go against our partner in Iraq - POLAND.

But ... I suppose that things could change.

Sorry i worded that badly.... sorry poland

by ex-soviet bloc i meant estonia, ukraine not poland (yes i know poland was part of the soviet bloc) etc..... sorry for the confusion, but it has been a while since i've read the book so i could have it wrong

this is the book i'm on about

Book Link

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There have been predictions of nuclear holocaust for dozens of years. It's not gonna happen. If half of humanity is wiped out, how are the big Illuminati guys gonna make any money?

Atomic Holocaust. Won't happen.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by coney]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well Coney I guess we'll find out soon. 5 cents to whoevers right!!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
As I recall, the Bible Codes also predicted the end of the world in 2000, in 2001, in 2002, in 2003, and in 2004. Now they're predicting them in 2006. In a few years, they'll predict the end of the world in 2012, and then in 2020, and maybe 2032 and so on.

Have studied the codes from the beginning of the phenomena's modern research publications.

The quality of the criteria defining what is and is not a valid code has changed considerably.

There's a LOT of bogus 'codes' out there. The latest quality scientific comparative studies indicate that codes of 30+ characters per code are NOT FOUND in any text but the Bible.

Popularizer Drosnin publishes a lot of very questionable to out right wrong stuff, imho. Makes him money, I guess.

The best site I know of regarding the codes is:

www.biblecodedigest.com...

which is a link to their Jan/Feb digest. They have links to other quality researchers.

I am not aware of quality codes predicting wwIII in a wide diversity of places.

Many quality researchers are skeptical that the Codes can be used to predict at all. I disagree but the issue is fraught with hazards. The main one is, what does one look for before an event has occurred giving one awareness of what key words would be useful?

The latest rigorous studies between WAR AND PEACE vs THE BIBLE is quite conclusive. There is absolutely no serious comparison. The codes derived from the Bible are exceedingly different in quality, size etc. than the pseudo codes found in WAR AND PEACE or any other long Hebrew text. There is now no doubt.

On top of that, some of the most famous naysaying 'researchers' were caught being at best disingenuous and actually more out right deceptive and dishonest.

Also, there's a beauty, arrangement structure to authentic Bible Codes which have not been found anywhere else.

1. A key long code will cross keywords in the surface text which relate to the key long code.

2. A number of other supplemental codes will cross the initial long code in a variety of ways--sometimes very artistically. The additional codes tend to be tightly clustered around the crossing of the initial long code with the key words of the surface text.

3. Some codes seem to be very artistic by design. Some are unique enough that there's still a challenge to compare them statistically.

4. Some mosaic codes seem to be coded in 3 dimensions within the Biblical matrix.

I personally believe we have just begun to scratch the surface with regard to codes research. I think the future will disclose some very exciting things.

There are rarely but occasionally codes which seem to offer a couple of alternative possible futures on an issue--such as atomic war. It is quite plausible as many Christian prophetic types assert--that earnest prayer can modify timing, severity etc.

Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Predictions always make me think about fate and time... Now here's my thought:

We should all stop trying to predict the future. In my belief, whenever someone becomes aware of the future, they will try to react on it. Say someone predicted that tomorrow, he or she would drop a spoon on the floor by accident, that person that would drop the spoon (if you told them) would become aware of that future and therefore a vibrations has shifted the timeline. For example: If you predicted you would get a C in Math at school, you can't honestly make me believe that you would actually get the C, now that you're aware of the prediction. Same goes for something as simple as; I predict tomorrow I will go to school... Now I am aware of the future, so tomorrow I will stay home, and nothing can keep me from going to school (if I am constantly aware that I am WANTED by fate to go to school this day). I'm not saying that trying to predict the future is a bad thing in some cases. What I am saying is this; When prophets like Notradamus (or whatever his name is) or the Bible predicts that in year 2006 there will be a WWIII, it can either be hoax OR it could be true indeed. If true (he is 110% certain it is true), he goes and puts it into a scroll and put thats scroll into a temple or church in the hope that his encoding is impossible to decode unless we had reached such a level of technology and knowlegde, that we are to break that encoding at the right time. A few hundred years later, we dig it up... Decode it... Put its contents into a book and sell it on the internet... A few people read it, and tell their friends about it. Their friends buy it, tells it to their friends and the list goes on until (not UNTIL) it goes all the way to the government. The government becomes aware of this prediction (it is predicted by a guy, lets say, who was once seen as being god above all people or something like that) and a huge vibration from one of those who play a part in the war to come is sent out. Because of this, they changed the timeline and the prediction is NOT true, considered the prophet was 110% sure of it back before 2006.

So in conclusion; Don't predict the future, which will eventually make you aware of it and lead to change in how its all meant to happen. It makes you think that, what we're doing to it isn't good... And if I had to say something, I would say: Let's not filter with the balance of nature, because that is for our Creator to control, as he has far greater knowledge than we could ever dream of.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaOfTheOmega
bible codes are all well and good..but ive seen something freakier.when i was in holiday (well if you can call it that...i hate visitin relatives!) well anyway when i was on holiday in India we went to Jammu and went to a museum.they had a 300 year old painting of a mushroom cloud with a finger pointing up and body parts around the top edge of the mushroom cloud.id say thats a better prediction of the future than Nostradamus,wouldnt you?

That's the first I've heard of such a painting, but it's not too surprising considering that there are descriptions of flying machines and massively destructive weapons in the ancient Hindu writings.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

As I recall, the Bible Codes also predicted the end of the world in 2000, in 2001, in 2002, in 2003, and in 2004. Now they're predicting them in 2006. In a few years, they'll predict the end of the world in 2012, and then in 2020, and maybe 2032 and so on.

You recall wrong. I got the bible code book in 1997, and the possible date it mentions, is 2006.

You recall wrong as well, as if you were to check further into this and actually READ the bible, you'd know that there is no way to calculate when things will "end" so to speak. There is no way to predict it according to what the Bible actually SAYS.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join