It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coffee anyone?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

3 cups of coffee appears the be the magic number. More and you start losing the health benefits and soon get into it becoming increasing your health risks not decreasing.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, the news on coffee remains favorable. No wonder so many old people got dementia, docors have been telling the older people to stop the coffee for years.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Coffee was bad for you right before it was good for you.

What a crock.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, the news on coffee remains favorable. No wonder so many old people got dementia, docors have been telling the older people to stop the coffee for years.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Thanks. I just finished my third cup.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well, stock up on coffee, the evidence is in again.

scitechdaily.com...

But remember, coffee probably won't help you if there is a nuclear blast within fifty miles of you which seems to be the prevalent possible risk factor coming up. AT least you don't have to be going through DTs of caffeine withdrawel during your time of dying from radiation poisoning if that happens if you stock up.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

Hair o' the dog effect; like when people say the delirium tremens go away as soon as they get a wee bit more alcohol.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Again, more evidence about coffee which goes against all the misinformation that was being spread years ago about it.

scitechdaily.com...

Almost sounds like a conspiracy, they made people think coffee was bad for us yet the real evidence says it was good for us. So how many people actually had their health do down because they were told to quit coffee, how much increase of revenue was realized by the pharmaceudical companies by making people believe a lie?

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Again, more evidence about coffee which goes against all the misinformation that was being spread years ago about it.

scitechdaily.com...

Almost sounds like a conspiracy, they made people think coffee was bad for us yet the real evidence says it was good for us. So how many people actually had their health do down because they were told to quit coffee, how much increase of revenue was realized by the pharmaceudical companies by making people believe a lie?

In different sources, I constantly come across different info about coffee. The point of view that coffee is harmful dominates. It seems to me that this is partly due to the fact that people simply do not want to study this issue, and it is easier for them to believe that coffee is harmful. For myself, I know one thing: after coffee with some additives like this I feel better, I don’t drink it in liters and I like its taste

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Betthoi

scitechdaily.com...

In different sources, I constantly come across different info about coffee. The point of view that coffee is harmful dominates. It seems to me that this is partly due to the fact that people simply do not want to study this issue, and it is easier for them to believe that coffee is harmful. For myself, I know one thing: after coffee with some additives like this I feel better, I don’t drink it in liters and I like its taste

Another thing about drinking coffee is that most people who give up coffee drink something else which has more sugar or sweeteners in it. Most of the people I know changed to a soda pop when they gave up coffee. I like a tad bit of milk or half and half in my coffee with a teaspoon of sugar but I also do like the powdered creamers in it too. If the coffee is cold like room temperature I like it black and no sugar. Hot coffee stimulates your heating and cooling systems in your body, cold coffee gives you energy by stimulating energy production. It is not so much the coffee that does this, anything you drink hot or cold has this property in metabolism I guess. But the coffee having caffeine supercharges this. same with tea. Knowing this for the last five years has helped me adjust the temperature of food to match what I am planning to do...It mostly holds true, but sometimes the good chemistry actually destroys this metabolic altering property.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Love the stuff.

Probably drink about 4-5 cups in the morning and a few at night.

No sugar, just a spot of milk.

Tell you one think, it's getting expensive at around £5 a tin.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Love the stuff.

Probably drink about 4-5 cups in the morning and a few at night.

No sugar, just a spot of milk.

Tell you one think, it's getting expensive at around £5 a tin.

How much coffee in a tin of coffee there? I just got nine 25.9 ounce cans of folgers coffee for $5.66 a can. They are running about nine bucks a can here now on sale, they used to be $4.99 a can on sale last year on sale.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

90g tin of Nescafe Americano about £4.50.

Went up about £1 in the last year or so.

Does me about a fortnight, sometimes less, sometimes a little longer.
edit on 23-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
I drink half a gallon of coffee a day am 52 started at around 19 .
Love the stuff . when I was younger i did get the caffeine withdraw but no longer .
ONE BIG HUGE thing no one has talked about .
Caffeine works alest as good as asprian for pain .
Without the side effects .
Odd thing is soda does not work as well . Chocolaty does sometimes work .

Frankly i could care less if coffee was deadly In that I understand how drug addicts think .
Butter not good for you well I dont give a darn i like it .
saturate the heck out of the fat i eat who cares .

All I can say for the health people is you are not living to live you are living to die spending all your time worring on how what you eat may kill you .
I would arther live 10 less years and enjoy what I eat then live 10 more in misery .

Notice people how live over 100 always look on the verge of starvation ?
Sure it may make it so you life longer but what life ?

Don't know if you're still around, but I agree with you. To not eat what you enjoy is a kind of early death in itself.

I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day and usually tea after noon. Life would blow without them.
edit on 9/23/2022 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

90g tin of Nescafe Americano about £4.50.

Went up about £1 in the last year or so.

Does me about a fortnight, sometimes less, sometimes a little longer.

So you are drinking an instant coffee, not one you brew in a coffee maker. I do not know a conversion for that to figure out the price per cup. Our twenty six ounce can lasts the wife and I about three weeks, one full pot and one half pot a day. The pot has markings on it for cups, but we use big cups, the ten cup mark gives us about five full ten ounce cups of coffee out of a pot. I drink between two to three cups that size in the morning plus I drink two out of the pot at night and she has maybe a half cup at night. So I drink about five ten ounce cups a day at home, plus if I go to the daughters or a restaurant I drink another couple of cups. I cut my consumption in half from when I used to work...I would do five cups to get started, three cups at lunch, and a couple every night.

We do not like strong coffee, it has about two thirds the amount of grounds in the filter as it says we should put in. So coffee costs us about ....seven ten ounce cups a day times say twenty days equals a hundred forty cups per can so say five cents a cup at seven bucks a can which until this summer has been a normal price. But we got lots on a good sale last fall, three ninety nine a can for Hills Bros coffee and then this spring we got some Hills Bros for four ninety nine to restock our stock. We did buy some coffee at five ninety nine to keep our stock up then one can at six ninety nine a can because it did not come down. The reason we got a good deal last week at five sixty six a can was because IGA had a sale on folgers at eight ninety nine and the ad had a coupon that if you bought twenty five bucks or more you got ten bucks off the order. We did that three times at three cans. Coffee is going to rise at least for a year because of droughts in South America and flooding in a few places. Like olive orchards in Italy, the yield is about half for coffee too. Knowing this ahead of time we bought ample olive oil on sail and we saved quite a bit over what it costs now in the stores here. Hopefully things will be better next year for oils and coffee.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Yeh just instant, most days rickymouse.

Half decent instant, well to my taste anyway.

I've got a coffee maker and percolator, does not really get used much.

I love strong coffee myself, again, just your taste all the same.
edit on 23-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ricky, not with inflation the way it is. I can't believe how much coffee has gone up. Tea, too, but this is a coffee thread. 🙂

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Used to be a big coffee drinker. Didn't started drinking coffee when I was 28. Then I consume average 10-13 cups per day. 5 years later, I developed anxiety after just 1-2 sips coffee. I quit drink coffee for about 6 months. Anxiety goes away, I now drink average 1-2 cups per day maximum. I used to love coffee so much. Not anymore. Sadly.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
coffee and cigs?

bottomless cups, free coffee w/ breakfast special.

it's a big ritual in american life. don't talk to me until i have my coffee, lol.

look at the old western shows movies, take the buckboard to the general store to get coffee, beans and a bottle of whisky.

a cup of joe. mud. 5 cents, 10, 15 cents.

the wife and i have Nespresso at home.

lots of cultures use coffee as a social medium, for want of a better word, besides booze.

like central perk.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

I knocked the cigs(doobies) on the head about a year and a half back now and never looked back.

You want to see the amount of money you save and i suppose it canny be bad for one's health nether.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well, finally some have tested coffee Quinones against the covid 19 virus. And it should offer some protection according to their research.

clinicalnews.org...

I like the stuff this guy researches on that site, he must spend a lot of time reading all sorts of stuff like I do.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join