It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coffee anyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hi,

I am a coffee freak.

I own a small coffee shop. I can tell you right from personal experience at the source, 2 steps removed from the plantation, that all coffee that we ingest is almost the same as far as caffeine levels. The treatment is where each house makes its taste.

Decaffeinated coffee is regular coffee they toast and wash so as to remove SOME caffeine.

ALL COFFEE HAS CAFINE. There is no such thing as truly decaffeinated coffee. The powder crap we all buy, that instant coffee crap. That might be truly decaffeinated. Though as far towards decaffeination that we go, the farther we stray from real coffee.

It is good for you. It taste great. It keeps you up and ready. It is black gold.

I love coffee. Drink one. Enjoy life.

p.s.
And quit making everything light, decaffeinated, un sweetened, and just generally lame.

LIFE IS ALWAYS FULL FLAVOR. why mess with that?

S&F for you.

edit on 5-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Will someone please tell me why apples are good for you, but if you put em in an apple pie they suddenly become bad for you? I know some will say that it's not the apples, it's the sugar and the fat in the crust. But why does this take away the nutritional value of the apples in the pie????

Any fruit or vegetable , upon being exposed to high heat ( above 100 C ) , creates a membrane around it's enzymes (sp?) which your body has to work 3 times harder to peel off , so to speak .
In other words , if you ate that apple without cooking , you would of have all the nutrition in an apple without having your body expand 3 times the energy to peel off the membrane around the enzymes within an apple .

Cooking the apple results : your body , spending 3 times more energy to get to the goodies within an uncooked apple .

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

Originally posted by jiggerj
Will someone please tell me why apples are good for you, but if you put em in an apple pie they suddenly become bad for you? I know some will say that it's not the apples, it's the sugar and the fat in the crust. But why does this take away the nutritional value of the apples in the pie????

Any fruit or vegetable , upon being exposed to high heat ( above 100 C ) , creates a membrane around it's enzymes (sp?) which your body has to work 3 times harder to peel off , so to speak .
In other words , if you ate that apple without cooking , you would of have all the nutrition in an apple without having your body expand 3 times the energy to peel off the membrane around the enzymes within an apple .

Cooking the apple results : your body , spending 3 times more energy to get to the goodies within an uncooked apple .

If it takes more energy to digest an Apple Pie, doesn't that make it slimming?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I get cranky without my morning cup of battery acid

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

I don't think all people need coffee. I have well water and a glass in the morning while waiting for the coffee to brew is the cats meow sometimes. I still see a need to neutralize the aflotoxins sometimes and there must be something else you do that controls this. Cold drinks stimulate acid production in the stomach. Breads stop acid production and extend the time to digest proteins, balancing the energy/histamine productions in the body. Hot coffee triggers the heating and cooling systems of the body and cold coffee stimulates energy production. So drinking hot coffee keeps you cool and calm in the summer because of the organic fluoride in it. I don't know the process how cold coffee stimulates energy production, I read a scientific journal entry on it a while back and didn't pay attention to the reasoning. All I needed to know is that it gave energy.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was a coffee FREAK when I was working. Mtn Dew and Coffee.. kept me half awake on doubles and weird floating hours. Then my Dr told me I had to cut it all out. You talk about the worst headaches of my life! Now.. yrs later.. I consume coffee reasonably maybe a cup or 2 and not an entire 12 cup carafe in a few hr period.
MAYBE once a month or so a treat for me is to go get an espresso or flavored coffee ( raspberry mocha.. yumm!).

I do know this, if I get a headache out of the blue now, a cup of black coffee will knock the headache out.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Well, if it takes three times the energy to digest the cooked apple, wouldn't it be an aid to help a person reduce weight? It may possibly cause a more acid condition in the body though so I think it may have side effects. Adding cinnamon stimulates acid and liver production so it could help detox the body also.

I find that Apple/cinnamon rolls with coffee have a positive effect on helping with xanthian oxidase problems. Slightly fermented organic apple cider with cinnamon and a little sugar works also. There is a chemical formed between the malaic acid, cinnamon, and something the yeast makes that helps. I had to read many articles to try to understand why it helped my breathing and energy levels. I study things through science and memorize results. Sometimes a cinnamon roll or hot apple cider can be good for you but too much has negative effects.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I would have got rid of the doctor instead of the coffee

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Coffee isn't actually acidic, it's a little alkaline. I was expecting acid till I tested a cup of brew.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i dont drink coffee,

i am 30

it taste awful

give you bad breath

give you a 'small' high

you become dependent

turn your teeth yellow/brown with time

i have no health problem, so why should I drink coffee?

i rather eat a fruit or drink 100% juice or water then coffee...

also the color... brown... diarrhea brown

to make a coffee taste good you need to add tons of milk and sugar... no thanks.

coffee for the weak.

with time you feel sleepy if you dont drink your daily coffee..

edit on 5-6-2012 by skywalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Remember you still get caffine from many things during the day not just your coffee.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

For coffee.

Starred and flagged.

Now, one of my favorite performers is Ella Fitzgerald and now I have a excuse to put this up............I love my coffee black, no cream, no sugar, no flavoring......just black.

Beautiful song, beautiful woman. God could she sing.

Enjoy. The world (in my opinion) was made a lot better for this woman having graced us with her presence.

I'm lucky, my man celebrated his 68th 48 hours ago and he's still going strong.

edit on 5-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

Didn't have coffee until 23, wow.

Story: I lost my dear sweet beloved mother at age 9.

She was a single parent and we would rise every morning and my fondest memory, now I'm going to start to cry even though it's been 50 years since she's been dead.................we would rise up and sit at the kitchen table and have a cup of coffee together. It was our morning bonding ritual.

I remember she would pour hers black and mine, in a fancy coffee cup, mostly full of milk with a dab, maybe one ounce (or less) of coffee. But that simple act made me feel so grown up, such a part of her.

We sat together and talked, we had our morning cup of coffee together.............I am crying.

Each morning when I pour that first cup of coffee I think of her, making me feel grown up, special, just us together simply sharing a cup of coffee before we began our bus rides to my day care/school place with a stop always at the corner grocery store for a chocolate long john I always got to pick out. (Could pick out anything but I always chose the long john with chocolate icing).

Simple little things..................loving memories of sitting at the kitchen table, watching the sun rise and sipping our coffees together, my mother and I.

Enjoy each day with your loved ones, treasure each moment.

Before you know it, they or you will be gone and all you will have are memories.

I drink my coffee now just like my mom, black.
edit on 5-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Coffee like anything else is good for you in moderate portions.To much can be very very bad. If your kidneys are good at making stones, then 2 servings a day is where you want to stop at. Your just going to have to trust me when I say, a kidney stone the size of a small fist makes you reconsider how much caffeine you want to take in.
I don't doubt these benefits at all, but it's not an all clear to drink copious amounts of the stuff either. I don't wish staghorn stones on anyone....including worst enemies.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I know it isn't acidic you silly person, what I was referring to is the "jump start" it gives me in the morning as if it were my own battery acid, and me being the battery case

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Oxalates create kidney stones when combined with blood calcium or some other minerals. Coffee does have some oxalates but I like cream in my coffee so the stones form in the intestines and don't get into the body. Some people have diets that include more calcium but I'm allergic to milk. Spinach has lots of oxalate and old recipes had creamed spinach. Oxalates are necessary for some bodily functions though but too much of them are problematic though. If you drank a lot of coffee kidney stones could be a problem as you say. Moderation is the key.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I always refer to Cola as "malted battery acid".

I must have heard it or read it somewhere...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It's like one of those jump pacs that you get for the car, they have more boost than the battery does

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I love coffee!
I remember drinking coffee since I was 4 or 5. Yeah! I know it´s strange, but my grandma didn´t know, kids should not drink it!
And it´s not that I got it every day. It was very expensive then.

Addiction: Yes. Not in the way I could not resist to drink it. Sometimes I don´t wont to have a cup of this delicious brew. But if I stop drinking coffee radical, I get the worst headaches I can imagine. Starts about 2 days after the last cup of coffee.
The first time it happend I didn´t realize this could be, because of the lack of caffeine. Now I reduce it slowly, if I have to.

My hubby has a caffeine intolerance. He used it as teenager to fake illness, until his mom found out. Adiou comic collection!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
if you stop coffee cold turkey you get headache because you are not getting the caffiene you usually get... they notice this in the hospital with heavy coffee drinkers and they would put some caffiene in the iv so they woundn't get the headache.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join