It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Senator Barack Obama Attended Bill Ayers Barbecue, July 4, 2005

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

But it doesn't matter, this is the kind of stuff that the right relies on.

Slandering and Smearing campaigns. Just look at what Breitbart did to Shirley Sherrod.

Breitbart edited a tape to make Shirley Sherrod seem like a racist, and that got her fired.

When people criticize the administration's policy that's perfectly fine because that's just politics. But the right seems to keep finding ways to disrespect Obama.

From the birther fiasco and now to him supposedly being a radical left muslim terrorist just because he attended a barbecue with ayers?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

the piece presented to us ends with the line ; 'Actually, thats a lie'

end of story.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I don't know what I believe, but I do believe that there is a deep nest of nasties about Obama, and I think tptb are doing everything they can to keep it hidden.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How does that happen? How does a prominent man's records leading back to his life and college, that took place only a decade ago, come up gone like a fart in the wind? When I went back to college, every single transcript from each school I have ever gone to is there. Utility bills dating back to the early 90's, still on record. Places I have lived, people who knew me, etc. How does Obama's life just get scrubbed clean, edited, and re-written like this?

And it truly kills me to say this, because I can't stand Sarah Palin. But she did try and bring up Bill Ayers and his connection to Obama, and was laughed right out the door. Guess it's not so funny now, being that it's true.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

What makes you think that these records for Obama have gone missing?
Second.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

What makes you think that these records for Obama have gone missing?
Second.

They're gone, as in scrubbed clean. But someone knows the truth.
2nd

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Breitbart edited a tape to make Shirley Sherrod seem like a racist, and that got her fired.

Yeah that Shirley Sherrod deal was strange indeed.

The "original" tape was readily available too on top of it.

The White House should have investigated for more than 30 seconds.

I thought they reversed the decision ?

I don't remember.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Post a link to Breitbart and you put your credibility on the line.

Now thats funny.

Every mainstream news outlet posts crap all day long,
and you know it.

What a crock.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Now Ayers is a pretty respectable person, high in academic circles if I'm not mistaken.

What is respectable about a man who killed innocent people and has no remorse or regret,
and only wishes he had done more?

That makes Ayers worse than death row murderers.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Please, if Obama molested hundreds of ten year old children on prime time TV in front of millions of people, he still wouldn't be touched by scandal.

Sad to say.

He's just too popular and ebcause of that popularity can get away with anything he wants to.

A few people may raise a big stink about it, but he has just too much godliness in him to sway his bots.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Maybe you prefer focusing on irrelevance?

Every mainstream news outlet runs irrelevant crap all day and night.
They smear, fear monger and outright lie.

Take for instance a peice done by ABC news on vaccines.

ABC News published a story on its site that serves as an excellent example of how easy it is to spread misinformation. The story, titled ”What To Do If Vaccines Worry You,” was written by a reporter at Rodale named Emily Main. Main’s piece is, on the whole^, an impressive example of a reporter stressing that parents should rely on facts when they make decisions about their children’s health.

It’s also well over two-years-old. That’s right: Main’s story initially ran in June, 2009. ABC, which syndicates some content from Rodale, apparently was looking for a story that could pivot off of the Bachmann imbroglio and used Main’s story to fill that hole. That might have gone unnoticed were it not for science writer Liza Gross, whose May 2009 PLoS Biology piece “A Broken Trust,” is quoted several times in Main’s story.

The result is a number of mistakes, which Gross details here (scroll down to the third comment, which begins, “This story has multiple errors”): Link

please stop having this imaginary argument with me about Obama, I don't support him.

Well, its about time you woke up. How long did it take you?
I doubt you would have ever supported him, if it was not for the crafty lies day and night
'24/7 put on my the mainstream news channels that framed him as Hope and Change,
and you bouught into it.

Your post from a thread of yours:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

No I was not for the bailouts but I was also scared of economic collapse in the US. The stimulus package sounded good at the time, create jobs etc...but it turned out just as corrupt as anything else in government, with a bunch of already millionaires and billionaires walking away with more millions and billions. In other words the money went up.

So, you at the time were again misled by the mainstream news, that framed the bail outs
a way to "save" the country from economic collapse, and you really thought that they were going
to create jobs by further taxation?

Where did you get such ridiculous ideas?
From the lies on the mainstream news?
Or would you blame it on PTSD from Occupy?

Ok, I am done having this imaginary conversation with you.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by muse7

The White House should have investigated for more than 30 seconds.

Maybe they were afraid of what lied beneath.
It seems that the big story is still untold.

“I don’t think Barack Obama wanted the Shirley Sherrod narrative and Pigford in the news,”

The Pigford II settlement — which offers $50,000 to those black farmers who say they were discriminated against by the government —

“sold in the black churches as reparations and sold at reparations conventions by the proponents of it as reparations.”tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com... gford.php

When the Sherrod story came out, Breitbart said he “had never heard of Pigford, and I have the Nation editor saying that I am to blame for the money being pulled out, and I have Lawrence O’Donnell warning that the money is going to be pulled out the same week as Sherrod.”

“I’m the one that’s being told that it’s Pigford by the progressive media, so when I do basic investigation and find out Ms. Sherrod’s monumental conflict of interest of working for the Pigford monitor when she’s now overseeing the Pigford distributions and who gets them and who doesn’t,” Breitbart said.

“I don’t doubt — I have zero doubt — that many of these local offices of the USDA are rancid racists who treated the black farmers wrong, and that the black farmers themselves should have not just gotten their land back or kept their farms, I think that they should have made millions of dollars each if they could prove that they were discriminated against,” Breitbart said. “But they weren’t just screwed over by the USDA, they were screwed over by Pigford” and the lawyer who made it into a class-action lawsuit.

edit on 5-6-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A little desperate are we? Obama going to a BBQ with Ayers is now sufficient enough reason to label Obama a terrorist?

You know, I was once friends with a guy in high school whom went on to kill 4 people and himself. Does that make me a murderer?

When will these grasps of desperation by the NeoCons end? Guilt by association is not and never will be good enough because we would all be guilty by those standards.

Some of you guys need to find something better to do. Obsessing about Obama and his cronies will only give you heartburn and possibly a brain hemorrhage.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
hay SS
I think taken in context
re Obama's association with someone as terrorist as Ayers:
Far less of a reason has sent those with FAR less evidence to the nofly list and quantanamoe hum.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Now Ayers is a pretty respectable person, high in academic circles if I'm not mistaken.

What is respectable about a man who killed innocent people and has no remorse or regret,
and only wishes he had done more?

That makes Ayers worse than death row murderers.

Sounds like you are describing every Republican I talk to. War where innocent people die, fine. Innocent people going to the chair, fine. Some black kid getting shot on his way home in Florida, GREAT!

You are right, most righties I know are worse than death row murderers.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by muse7

Post a link to Breitbart and you put your credibility on the line.

Now thats funny.

Every mainstream news outlet posts crap all day long,
and you know it.

What a crock.

Breitbart has been show to be putting out false information over and over and over and over again. The only people still going to his site for information are people that sit and DVR Fox and Friends in the morning.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why did someone bump this thread from 2007???

Oh wait...it's a new thread....with the same old information.

Good luck with that tactic guys...it's funny that people have to recycle old garbage that didn't work 4 years ago...and it won't work this time either.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Every mainstream news outlet runs irrelevant crap all day and night. They smear, fear monger and outright lie.

So you're trading one set of lies for another and think that puts you at an intellectual advantage?

Well, its about time you woke up. How long did it take you? I doubt you would have ever supported him, if it was not for the crafty lies day and night '24/7 put on my the mainstream news channels that framed him as Hope and Change, and you bouught into it.

The issue I have, has nothing to do with Obama or the MSM. It has to do with lies...your condescension will not serve you in the least bit since you're the one puffing your chest all proud that you're "awake", except you're not...you missed your stop and just ended up back at the station.

Or would you blame it on PTSD from Occupy?

Nice teeth you're showing too bad you only bit fluff. Check your sources and see the truth for yourself, don't let your eyes just fall on things you like between your naps sister.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Every mainstream news outlet runs irrelevant crap all day and night. They smear, fear monger and outright lie.

So you're trading one set of lies for another and think that puts you at an intellectual advantage?

Nope, I just refuse to buy into the lies period. You can take a story from the mainstream news
and take it for what it is, or you can go and find out the truth for yourself.

No games here. Period.

edit on 5-6-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Breitbrat is nothing but lies, that's the point. It has nothing to do with the MSM. Your comparison is illogical. You're essentially saying you like breitbrat lies better than MSM lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join