It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Island Ionospheric TEC Residuals. Does this mean anything?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is way out of my area of knowledge but this business of the electron content in the atmosphere above earthquake zones reminded me of the barcaroller channel on YouTube where a sun watcher has an earthquake watch that is oriented to correllating coronal mass ejections from the sun with earthquakes here on earth. James McCanney's idea of discharging the solar capacitor also comes to mind.

The barcaroller, incidentally, predicted the Tohoku earthquake, i.e., a high magnitude earthquake in that area a couple of days before it happened. He has a lot of misses too, but that one was quite a bullseye.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mlirenr

Thanks very much for that.

Yet another example of someone more or less proving the theory, but then what? Nothing seems to happen. I must see if this paper leads me to a source of numerical data. It looks as if it does.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Granted I was merely pointing out that there is Tech that exists like HAARP that we don't full have a reign on knowledge wise. Still understand that even a little insignificant mosquito will make a giant you flinch and smack yerself. So just because something seems unlikely doesn't mean it is. Still you are correct that it is highly unlikely to be caused by a man made malefactor.

Funny thing, since NASA is all about data, and they are sitting on all of this info at their fingertips, it would make one wonder why they have not pursued this as a plausible idea for understanding the pull and tug stress thats obviously being created by a compressed ionosphere. In reality thats whats happening.

Could it in fact be solar related? In the respect that the harmonics are steadily increasing from the sun with it's EM connecting to earths magnetosphere? I mean were just not talking about gravity here...which also seems to be a residual effect also seemingly redistributing as our blue potato twists through space. But the uptick of the frequency in the earths magnetosphere since it was first recorded in the 70's is alarming. Back then it was like 6 revolutions a second, now IIRC its like 15. Its akin to the radio blip revolutions that a star makes from like a pulsar that our radio telescopes pick up on a regular basis.

What ever the case may be, this side effect can be construed as what is causing the quakes as a half as*ed after effect to a stress precursor that turns up but doesn't stick around very long. Not only solar flares would throw data, but the increase in the amount of anti-matter bursts that the planet seems to be creating at will would do it too.Yet you are definitely on to something as there is a truck load of merit in this theory at this point as no other organization is willing to devote time to an idea that may not fit the outdated current model of things.

I don't know what this planets problem is as of late, but it is clear that mother earth has a serious case of PMS with a mild case of cramps. Its also been proven before that this lil blue marble has taken serious hits at the turn of a dime overnight seemingly. Thats what scares me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

I am trying to picture Gaia with PMS and cramps!

his global electromagnetic resonance phenomenon is named after physicist Winfried Otto Schumann who predicted it mathematically in 1952. Schumann resonances occur because the space between the surface of the Earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a closed waveguide. The limited dimensions of the Earth cause this waveguide to act as a resonant cavity for electromagnetic waves in the ELF band. The cavity is naturally excited by electric currents in lightning. Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum[1] beginning at 3 Hz and extend to 60 Hz,[2] and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.86 (fundamental),[3] 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz.

The inevitable stikipedia

Not quite sure how that fits in here but it probably does somewhere.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The underlying material in this discussion seems to be granite, as it has a high quartz content, and we know that applying high pressures to quartz produces a piezoelectric effect which can generate sparks and electrostatic charged air around the area under pressure. If the rock breaks, then some times small plasma balls can be produced, but only a short time in the laboratory. Granite also has a lot of radon gas locked up in it as well, as this is another anomaly that you say is present in your theory.

So does this mean that this effect relies on quartz content? or are there other minerals that can produce piezo effects on this scale? Very interesting subject OP, and would it not be great if it winds up producing a reliable precursor marker for large quakes.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Thats an angle i never considered, I had always assumed that an outside source could be the culprit. And you are correct in more ways than you realize. It could very well be a combination of things that is warping the charge throughout the atmosphere. Once we pin down what those culprits are, then and only then can we start testing a model.

As for now, I forwarded this thread to a old professor I once had the pleasure of being bored to death from while in class. He may, or may not entertain the idea. yet i think he'll give it a honest lookie loo as he is not your run of the mill physics teacher. He's a little nuts to be honest, yet I trust his judgement. He doesn't pursue anything unless he feels it has some merit to it. And he loves mystery.

What ever the case may wind up being, one thing is certain. We aren't in Kansas anymore as it relates to how the Earth has been reacting.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

The underlying material in this discussion seems to be granite, as it has a high quartz content, and we know that applying high pressures to quartz produces a piezoelectric effect which can generate sparks and electrostatic charged air around the area under pressure. If the rock breaks, then some times small plasma balls can be produced, but only a short time in the laboratory. Granite also has a lot of radon gas locked up in it as well, as this is another anomaly that you say is present in your theory.

Absolutely spot on and this IS the basis of the theory that the stress in the region causes the release of radon gas and the production of an electrical/magnetic effect from the piezo electric current.

What I am not sure about is how the electricity from the area of stress, which is of necessity the hypocentre of the quake and could be anything from 1km to 600km deep, gets to the surface, and likewise the radon gas. I believe however that there is considerable evidence that it does.

It may be that this does not emerge precisely over the hypocentre because of the geology of the area. This is something that needs further investigation.

I just wish I was 30 years younger and had millions to devote to the subject as I am very sure the holy grail of earthquake prediction lies in this area or research.

We have a member of ATS who has connection with www.ecmwf.int...]DEMETER and I believe they have a satellite that is fielding experiments in this area. I will see if I can contact him and find out how things are going. Unfortunately his appearances on ATS are infrequent.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Since stress accumulation and release is one common factor present in all massive earthquakes, then it seems if there was anything to this TEC residual theory, it might be helpful to identify faults where there are borehole stress meters already in place- and then monitor TEC content in those areas. That way when the next quake happens, a correlation can be drawn between the measured stress at the time and the measured TEC, or residual TEC.

But another question that comes to mind is the affect a massive body of water has on TEC, because obviously subduction zone faults are under water. Like LOTS of water. How does this TEC residual theory deal with that?

Another thing that might be helpful is to watch the TEC content in areas where you have expected quakes according to your sawtooth charts, PM- in other words, where there has not been a release in a LONG time. If there is anything to the theory, perhaps you might find a residual there? And one spot comes to mind- Cascadia.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The partial first week can now be replaced with the full first week of June

I have not analysed it fully yet but the Easter Island residuals still appear to be there. I shall get a stress saw tooth for that area sorted out over the weekend.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Sorry, did not reply to this.

But another question that comes to mind is the affect a massive body of water has on TEC, because obviously subduction zone faults are under water. Like LOTS of water. How does this TEC residual theory deal with that?

Likewise they can also be under km of rock. In answer to your question i do not know but bear in mind that if this is radiant, or radiation, that rock and water are both full of not very much at the atomic level. Not being a plasma physicist has some disadvantages when looking at this subject!

It would appear that this has been measured, therefore it happens, but the mechanism of that is a mystery like so many other things in life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join