It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Force really exists, top scientists agree

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Well said, i just thought it deserved a star.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

energy that binds all in the universe together at a subatomic quantum level - a quantum field or 'force' if you will

our actions can powerfully affect the universe etc.

How did you go from one idea to the other? This is like saying you can use glue to stick pieces of paper together, which is why I'm psychic. lol The two don't go together.
edit on 6/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Agreed.

All of humanities collective actions since the very first man is less than a speck of dust can do to this world, towards the cosmos.

This is essentially an anthropocentric perspective on steroids!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

and our very intentions and thoughts actually change and shape matter...

No they don't. I know there's an idea going around that we can affect certain things just by trying to measure them. But, intending on measuring or just thinking about measuring doesn't do anything. I'll keep an open mind if you want to elaborate, but right now I'm not buying it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Some countries call it "Black Magic", some used to call it "Witchcraft".

Energy can not be destroyed, it always exists. Sometimes turns into matter, heat. But the energy always exists.
Dead people are all around us and influence the world. They are in a energy state in another dimension, but able to influence ours.

Some people make deals with them to make their lives better here. You don't actually have "Free Spirit" as you think, we all are influenced by these entities. Our thoughts, actions, health. If they like you....you will notice odd benefits.

The 'Force' is all prior living life forms influencing the present in this material world.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EncompassAll
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

This pertains to the field of noetic sciences. Astronaut Edgar Mitchell founded the Institute for Noetic Sciences in 1979 (I think that's the year). After an epiphany during a spacewalk, Mitchell believed in the concept of everything being attached to everything.

People have believed this for thousands of years. He may have gave it a name but he certainly did,nt concieve it.

I know he didn't conceive it. He just founded the Institute after his own personal experience.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

but instead we are all part of this vast web of energy, all connected to everything else in the universe on a quantum level

Okay, we're all playing in the quantum foam of the universe. Do you know what that makes us on this teeny weeny speck of dirt? It makes us teeny-teeny weeny-weeny in that quantum foam. Dropping a grain of sand in the ocean would have more influence on the ocean than we would on the infinite quantum foam.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You know man, those Scientists that they use to fool everybody into believing the story is true. Since they know everything.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

edit on 4-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I had exactly 2 thoughts at almost the same time when seeing the thread title.

1) Where do I get a midichlorian test?

2) And people have trouble when scientists look at things like creation........but the "Force" is ok??

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

There was a thread that features real midichlorians

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-6-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

His name is Sheldon Cooper

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

but instead we are all part of this vast web of energy, all connected to everything else in the universe on a quantum level

Okay, we're all playing in the quantum foam of the universe. Do you know what that makes us on this teeny weeny speck of dirt? It makes us teeny-teeny weeny-weeny in that quantum foam. Dropping a grain of sand in the ocean would have more influence on the ocean than we would on the infinite quantum foam.

That's sort of a misleading visual. Quantum entanglement may, indeed, have a very minimal impact but it does not act like a ripple in the pond, getting weaker the farther it gets. So whatever degree of influence one part of existence might have on another, the potential is not dictated by distance.

I agree that this is a concept that people tend to get excited and a bit carried away just because it is exciting. But even if the impact is minimal and even if there seems to be little practical use for it, this doesn't mean we won't be able to exploit it later.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
define 'top scientist'

Articles I see that say 'top scientist', I usualy interpret them meaning, trust us, we're not pulling your leg.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

It's called "black magic" in an attempt to demonize it. Wanna know why it's demonized? Because it takes the middle man out of your relationship with the Creator. That means no more power for the Church.

And the Church is the overprotective mother who thinks she still needs to hold your hand when you tinkle, even though you're married with three kids.
edit on 4-6-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Incredible

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

I 1st came across David Bohm in a series of lectures he did with the philosopher Krishnamurti. They are an amazing series of videos that were made in the late 70's & early 80's and they discuss just about everything regarding human existence. I had the whole series of videos and there were about 50hours of them talking about philosophy and science.
What I found most interesting is that when you watch the videos that the person with all the answers was Krishnamurti not David Bohm. I actually applaud David Bohm for these videos because he has a genuine interest in what Krishnamurti is teaching him and is certainly not dismissive of the spiritual side of our existence.

Krishnamurti was an amazing character and the way he talks makes him sound like a real life yoda.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoneyIsWorthless
reply to post by rapunzel222

Welcome to reality.

Now try some meditation.

yeh its like some of us been knowing about it. other just want to be play mr intellectual

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

They were just talking about this on Through the Worm Hole with Morgan Freeman as host just yesterday.
At the subatomic level there is nothing but waves and information. Nothing is solid and yet we have solid things. Thats the force that they are talking about. What makes solids solid when they are not solid.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why would you capitalize the F in force, and not the first letter of your sentence. I am actually not too concerned about the grammar bit, but, if you worship it or something like that. Not concerned about that either, just curious.
edit on 4-6-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join