It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would happen if an chinese computer game company.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I played a game recently called desert storm where you got to be american or british special forces. Your mission was to kill a heap of iraqi soldiers and in the end capture or kill there boss, which you end up having to kill.
What do pepole out there think would happen if a chinese computer game company released a video game where you had to defend china and kill all the coalition forces and eventually take over america???

[edit on 3-10-2004 by unhingedmullet]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If it happened right now, it'd likely piss peopel off. But in 20 years time, it'd do fine. There are plenty of games that allow you to play as the Viet Cong or WWII Germans that don't raise an eyebrow.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
If it happened right now, it'd likely piss peopel off. But in 20 years time, it'd do fine. There are plenty of games that allow you to play as the Viet Cong or WWII Germans that don't raise an eyebrow.

sorry, yes i did mean today i actually seen a new release DESERT STORM 2 BACK TO BAGDAD.
i wonder what iraqi pepole think of that.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
what would happen if an american computer game company made a game where you had to kill Iraqis? Not a lot, but it's still a disgrace when you think about it, in light of the recent war i've just realised how disgusting these games actually are. Imagine if one of your family got killed defending their country and then someone makes a game out of recreating it?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
they made games about Nam, Korea, the cold war and other conflicts and americans in their sick way thought they were innocent games ,,,,but the deaths they are based on are nothing near innocient for example the basis for black hawk down was just horrible in its harsh real life mirror of the events even though they sold more copies of that movie then good morning vietnam, saving private ryan and other real life based parrities Americans come,conquer,the make movies and games and whats so bad about it is we keep buying them and Im sad to say even I have bought them in the pass as a child and teen and noone told me that there was anything wrong and in fact when questioned I was told the content was make beleive .....make beleive lol tell that to all those who died to give us the material by which the games and movies were made

GOD FORGIVE US OUR IGNORANCE

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I would hope they would have the sense enough to keep it in their own borders, they might be begging for another invasion
I see nothing wrong with it... sure, it would make me mad... but they hate us anyways, and if they are in their house playing a game taking their anger out on the computer, they wont be building dirty nukes and everything else to wipe us out for real. And, if they have the guts, maybe they would want to play online against a real american so they can lose again

And I dont know that they have a K-mart or software outlet in downtown baghdad... which i must admit "Bombhdad" might fit better since the last campaign lol
, chances are they might not ever get to see any of our desert storm era games. If they do, they might jump off the deep end about it... much like we probably would if they had the same.

Originally posted by unhingedmullet

sorry, yes i did mean today i actually seen a new release DESERT STORM 2 BACK TO BAGDAD.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Boss, it's time to end the bloody unilateralism. I thought we were promoting freedom.

The game is already in the market, but it's free and people play for real.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldbaron357
I would hope they would have the sense enough to keep it in their own borders, they might be begging for another invasion
I see nothing wrong with it... sure, it would make me mad... but they hate us anyways, and if they are in their house playing a game taking their anger out on the computer, they wont be building dirty nukes and everything else to wipe us out for real. And, if they have the guts, maybe they would want to play online against a real american so they can lose again

And I dont know that they have a K-mart or software outlet in downtown baghdad... which i must admit "Bombhdad" might fit better since the last campaign lol
, chances are they might not ever get to see any of our desert storm era games. If they do, they might jump off the deep end about it... much like we probably would if they had the same.

then again it could inspire them and make them confident to try thinking the americans in the game are dumb and weak and the game was based on the real thing so logically we should be able to beat them in real life

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Although I think the games are not of the best taste, the thing you have to remember is that they would not be created if there was not a large market for them.

Alot of people want this type of game. I cannot remember the title off hane, but a game was made depicting you as a Palestinian fighter defending/attacking the Israel troops.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I played a game recently called desert storm where you got to be american or british special forces. Your mission was to kill a heap of iraqi soldiers and in the end capture or kill there boss, which you end up having to kill.
What do pepole out there think would happen if an iraqi computer game company released a video game where you had to defend iraq and kill all the coalition forces and eventually take over america???

maybe i didn't name this thread properly how about a chinese video game company bought out a game where the chinese invaded the u.s. mainland??

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In many Iraqi internet cafes they are playing games where the character you play as is American or British. It's likely that the'll get bored of attacking their own country and make games of their own. If they do I would guess the games would be banned in the U.S.

top topics

join