It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline security increases with guns in the cockpit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, one more step towards the "Archie Bunker Plan" for airline defence!

Airplane security increases with guns in cockpit
4/19/2003 11:41 AM
By: Kraig Debro, News 14 Carolina

Pilots who complete training will be allowed to have guns in lock boxes within the cockpit.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The first of 46 pilots who volunteered for a training program, will take guns to the cockpit, starting on Monday.

Pilots with guns is part of the Federal Flight Deck Officer program. It authorizes commercial pilots who have completed the training course, to carry guns on airplanes.

Pilots must carry the gun in a lock box, and can only take the gun out, inside the cockpit. Some passengers believe the program will work.

"If it makes the pilots feel safer maybe its worth while," said Air Traveler Suzanne Powell.

"Any security that is an increase on a plane is fine," said Air Traveler Mark Hill.

The Transportation Security Association, said thousands of pilots have already requested training. The week long course provides weapons and counterterrorism training.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I really think that this is a terrible idea. I know this guy who is a pilot for the 2nd largest airline in the US. Well he was in jail awhile back for running naked down the streets with a knife trying to catch someone that wasnt there. He got hauled off to jail. He has some mental issues apparently. He is still flying high with this airline.
No pun intended. It freaks me out to think of him on a regular daily basis with a gun. He gets depressed and has hallucinations. I dunno. Maybe all pilots arent raving lunatics. hahah

anyways for what its worth!

join