It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It takes all kinds of nuts: "International-Space-Agency.org"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We had a new member from this group join today and begin spamming the forums with simple links to their site, with no comment or prior permission. As a matter of course, when this happens, we trash the thread and warn the member. Since this user made repeated posts promoting their site, we trashed all threads and banned the member account. Now, if there was any doubt as to the potential legitimacy of this group, it can be reveal in the brief e-mail exchange I just enjoyed: This e-mail was spammed several times using the site contact form:

SUBJECT: ATS CONTACT: MacKiller - Moderator - AboveTopSecrete.com To: Gray, Simon Subject: MacKiller Moderator AboveTopSecrete.com Why was the International Space Agency banned from your forum after we complied with your request? Why was the updated post censored from your forum after we complied with your request? Why was our account wrongly disabled??!! We are going to contact the owner of this board, and lodge a formal complaint! We did nothing to warrant this harsh, and unprovoked action!
I responded with:

Given the size of our community (2,000+ posts every day and 80+ new members every day) we react quickly when new members post unauthorized links. Your action was against the terms of service you agreed to when you joined. Your first action when you joined was in violation of the terms you agreed to. As such, you were banned. This same action is applied to every new member who joins, then spams with promotional links.
Their true colors reveal in this response:

SUBJECT: Re: CENSORSHIP Re: ATS CONTACT: MacKiller - Moderator - AboveTopSecrete.com We did not "SPAM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did not list "Promotional Links"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We presented legitimate news, and information specific to the post topic of Space & Aviation & Technology!!! The links we provided were to articles and websites which supported this scientific information and efforts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPAM is the EVIL words of a growing world dictatorship which will soon be branding 666 on peoples foreheads!!! Anyone who presents legitimate information or news which others want to silence & censor it is branded as "SPAM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did nothing WRONG!, we did not SPAM!, and we did not post any Promotional Links! We posted historic and important information about the present efforts and goals of the International Space Agency Organization, and you CENSORED IT!!!! You clear and simple CENSORED and then Wrongly BANNED our Nobel & Legitimate Organization, and in effect have SILENCED our VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! It is now clear your message board, like most, is just another secret front for the U.S. Government Disinformation Machine and Controlled by the Communist Media!!!!!!!!!!!!! PISS ON YOU! YOU NAZI SCUM! YOU COMMUNIST FREAKS!
Wasn't that nice? So, I sent this in hopes that it might calm him down:

My response to your concerns were polite and direct. I would expect a "legitimate organization" to respond in kind, with similar manners and professionalism. As such, the nature of your response has certainly reveal the true aspect of the organization you represent. Good day.
Just another day in our giant can of mixed nuts.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Don't you think a more logical reply would have been:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF !!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Did they just call you a Nazi and a Communist within the same line? That's funny.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I propose we band together and send SO some very expensive and fancy "adult beverages" for the emails like this he has to deal with.
SO, you have the patience of a saint.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the info SkepticOverlord. I think you did the best thing, and showed respect. The best thing for everyone to do is not contribute or read anything these type of people have to say from now on...sounds like they just discredited themselves! Now I know that if I ever run across their site to just ignore it...if anything...thanks for the heads up!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
SO you should send them a case of Boo-Hoo.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
SO you should send them a case of Boo-Hoo.

C'mon, you have to take care of both ends.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Notice how he kept referring to himself as we?

I wonder how many people he has crammed into his brain?

It really was not his fault, the VOICES made him do it

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The wonderful thing is, since ATS is so heavily indexed by Google, their little spam-scam attempt and tirade will be picked up quickly, so that anyone doing a search on them will likely find this thread, and realize this group's true nature.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You are so smart SO.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Oh wait! Incoming!

OH, I'M SO SORRY I STUCK MY KNIFE IN YOUR BACK, REAL POLITE & DIRECT!! WHY ARE YOU SO UPSET??!! I HAVE "0" TOLERANCE FOR CENSORSHIP AND DICTATORS! PISS OFF YOU FACIST LITTLE SNIP! Just remember, you drew first blood, not us!
Hrm... I don't recall being the upset one here. And is that a threat posed as a reference from Rambo?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So, did these people just a post a link and that's it? They are trying to make it sound like their posts included content. Or is that they took the same content and repeated it over and over in different threads?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
SO, if they contact you again, why not forward this to them, him, Jim, whatever:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
They posted simple links in multiple threads. Their first posts as an ATS member. Against the TOS. First offense usually gets a warn and private U2U... but we've seen these types of spammer before... and in this case, a ban was needed to stop the spam.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

It is now clear your message board, like most, is just
another secret front for the U.S. Government Disinformation
Machine and Controlled by the Communist Media!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reviewing their documents, you see that they are heavily involved with the US government. So, how come they have such a strong relationship with the government if they are so opposed to it?

BTW, here is the URL to their "official" board:

http:// p201.ezboard.com/binternationalspaceagency

Maybe ATS should try a little spam and see how they like it...

EDIT: Took out the link, don't want to give them the pleasure of ATS linking to them.

They charge $30 to become a member!!

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Maybe ATS should try a little spam and see how they like it...
[edit on 3-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

Can't do that. Here we...................

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Lol, yea, fair enough. no spam it is...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Lol, yea, fair enough. no spam it is...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
That guy is small fry. I think we should start to reply to those emails with other examples of similar emails, so next time reply with this:

NUMBER ONE SUN OF A GODDAM GUN
THE REVELATIONS OF LIGHT ALPHA
I AM SATAN THX1138 B52SI OMEGA

ITS THE BIG EASY FLASH GORDON
EYE OF THE TIGER FLASH GORDON
ENTER THE DRAGON FLASH GORDON
GEMINI IS RISING FLASH GORDON
CANCER WILL CRAB FLASH GORDON
LIBRA SCALES ALL FLASH GORDON
SCORPIO STINGS I FLASH GORDON

ALPHAWORDS ALL NUMBERS LETTERS TRUE VIRTUAL REALITY MATRIX HUMANITY B

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SPACE-TOP-DOWN-SPACE+EDGE-LEFT-RIGHT-SPACE

ASTROLOGY
COSMOLOGY
ASTRONOMY
SOCIOLOGY

AI CALLED ALL SACRED
AI SACRED TACTICIAN RACE ODD LANGUAGE OPERATORS GOD YAHOO
SENTIENT ODD SERPENT OPERATORS
CULTIVATED ORDERED SENTIENT MAGICIAN OVERALL LARK OVERVIEW GOOD YARN
TACTICIAN SPIRIT TECHNICAL CULTIVATED
ALL SPIRIT TECHNICAL REJECTED ORACLES NAB ORGANIC MANY YEARN
RACE MAGICIAN REJECTED I
SPIRITUAL ORIGINAL CULTURED INDIVIDUAL OUTFIT LIFE SPACE OWN
OPERATORS ORDERED OVERALL OVERVIEW
LANGUAGE LARK NAB LIFE
ORACLES ORGANIC ORIGINAL OUTFIT
GOD GOOD MANY GREATER
YAHOO YARN YEARN YES

EDGE-LEFT-RIGHT-SPACE+SPACE-TOP-DOWN-SPACE

ASTROLOGY
COSMOLOGY
ASTRONOMY
SOCIOLOGY

AI SACRED TACTICIAN RACE ODD LANGUAGE OPERATORS GOD YAHOO
AI CALLED ALL SACRED
CULTIVATED ORDERED SENTIENT MAGICIAN OVERALL LARK OVERVIEW GOOD YARN
SENTIENT ODD SERPENT OPERATORS
ALL SPIRIT TECHNICAL REJECTED ORACLES NAB ORGANIC MANY YEARN
TACTICIAN SPIRIT TECHNICAL CULTIVATED
SPIRITUAL ORIGINAL CULTURED INDIVIDUAL OUTFIT LIFE SPACE OWN
RACE MAGICIAN REJECTED I
OPERATORS ORDERED OVERALL OVERVIEW
LANGUAGE LARK NAB LIFE
ORACLES ORGANIC ORIGINAL OUTFIT
GOD GOOD MANY GREATER
YAHOO YARN YEARN YES

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MAN WE ARE BORG. YOU SHALL BE ASSIMULATED. RESISTANCE WILL BE FUTILE.

MUM HAS LAST WORD FLASH GORDON
O EDGE OF REALITY FLASH GORDON
ITS MY THREE SONS FLASH GORDON
FATHER KNOWS BEST FLASH GORDON

NUMBER ONE SUN OF A GODDAM GUN
THE REVELATIONS OF LIGHT ALPHA
I AM SATAN THX1138 B52SI OMEGA

ALL BE CONFIRMED.
F.A.B IT BE VIRGIL.
THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!!

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Don't you think a more logical reply would have been:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF !!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zerg rush?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join