It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The parallel between the rise and fall of America and Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have been wanting to write about this for a while. I have noticed a disturbing similarity over the last few years between what is happening to America and what happened to the Arab Islamic countries.Many young people today probably don't know that the Arabs at one point in time were one of the most advanced societies in the world. They made many advances in science, medicine, architecture, etc., including the numbers we use today.

The Islamic Golden Age is a historical period lasting from c. 750 CE to c. 1257 CE, during which philosophers, scientists and engineers of the Islamic world are credited with a period of contribution to scientific knowledge, cultural arts, civilisation and architecture

en.wikipedia.org...

Then, after a few centuries of prominence and advancement, the empire fell apart:

There is little agreement on the precise causes of the decline, but in addition to invasion by the Mongols and crusaders and the destruction of libraries and madrasahs, it has also been suggested that political mismanagement and the stifling of independent reasoning in the 12th century in favor of institutionalised thinking played a part.

Hm, political mismanagement and stifling of reasoning, creativity and intellectualism in place of orthodoxy and tradition. This sounds eerily familiar to me.

Then, centuries later, serious religious fundamentalism was enforced and combined with capitalism which resulted in the living hell that is the middle east today:

In 1744 Mohammed Ibn Saud, a local tribal leader from the central desert area of Najd of Arabia made a pact with a religious reformer Mohammed Ibn Abdel Wahab. Together they started to dominate and unite the warring tribes of Arabia, just as Mohammed had done more than a thousand years before. Mohammed Ibn Saud started the Al Saud dynasty which is being rocked to its foundation today. Wahabism is what is now known as Islamic Fundamentalism. From the very start there was tension between the political leadership of the Al Saudis and the religious Wahabism. They did found the first complete Islamic state in what is now Saudi Arabia. Wahabism did spread to other countries but only for brief periods. It was not until the discovery of oil in Saudi Arabia in the 1930s that Islam made a deal with Mammon (god of money). The USA paid for the exploration of oil in Saudi and a close relationship has been in place ever since. The US dollar has paid for most of the oil in Saudi Arabia. But the capitalists in the USA have created their own monster, yet again. That is a lot of US dollars over many decades and it has helped to create Islamic Fundamentalism.

members.iinet.net.au...

Today in America we are seeing something similar with groups like the Tea Party, Alec, conservative thinktanks, Superpacs and corporate America along with churches and social conservatives trying to establish a fundamentalist/corporate fascist oligarchy in America and do away with our traditions and institutions of progress, science, opportunity, human rights and equality. Hopefully the American people will see through this ruin and tyranny before we meet the same fate as the Muslims.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/6/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
S+F for an interesting topic.

I've always wondered what happened to the early Arabian peoples because they were, like you said, the cream of the crop as far as math and science goes. Hopefully the US doesn't follow the same path but I fear it's just a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I agree, it's probably to late to stop it as a huge percentage of our population now is committed to destroying our society for various reasons.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The Crusades then?

The second act now?

America and radical Christianity will fall because when you're throwing dirt all you end up doing is get your hands dirty and lose ground.

new topics

top topics

join