It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone decided recently to vote for Bush?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Im wondering if anyone has been swayed by recent events to vote for bush? If you will now vote different Id be interested to see the reasons why. Ive been swaying in the direction of Bush recently myself, largely because of my involvement with ATS and reading the posts of supporters of Kerry here. Quite frankly most of the supporters of kerry here are fairly scary. You ask why they support Kerry and the answer is generally some drivel about how bush mislead the nation or liesand he comes from a family of criminals or some other equally made up reason, most however dont have much to do with reality and quite often are positions both candidates have shared or currently share. However, when I reflect later, I generally return to my core; but, Ive noticed that each time Im a little closer than I was before.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wait a minute........I thought you were a Libertarian/Green member or at least third party. You don't have to choose between Bush and Kerry you know.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Wait a minute........I thought you were a Libertarian/Green member or at least third party. You don't have to choose between Bush and Kerry you know.

Im not sure were you got that I was choosing between the two, just that I considered bush from time to time. But, all things considered I most probably will not vote for bush Im just wondering if there is anyone who was actually swayed by recent events.and if so why.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
HELL NO BUSH MUST GO

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I havent recently decided to vote for Bush, but more or less just stayed the course. Kerry does not come across to me as the type of person who can lead our country.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by para
I havent recently decided to vote for Bush, but more or less just stayed the course. Kerry does not come across to me as the type of person who can lead our country.

me either I know I nominate arnold swartzenager hell if ronald reagan can act and be president why not

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Many members of the Bush regime have no place in a democratic government

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't know if you would call it recently....but within a year, yeah. I never hated Bush, I just didn't really care about him and didn't like him very much. Recent events made me change my mind.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
mY husband is voting Bush because he doesn't want kerry in even though he's more of a libertarian, but he thinks if you vote for badnarik it's a vote that will help kerry get in and he sees him a treasonous bastard who should be in jail for war crimes and such. I see Bush as the exact same...
He lied about Iraq his cabinet members made him lie because they saw dollar signs over there... Apparantly this war isn't as important as they make it out to be... I think the only people who are enabling terrorists are the ones who are going after their countries for monetary gain.

ps: I know there are islamofaschists that wants us dead, this is just one observation out of many.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Many members of the Bush regime have no place in a democratic government

which members and why? and do you have any evidence of that or is it just a personal feeling.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
mY husband is voting Bush because he doesn't want kerry in even though he's more of a libertarian, but he thinks if you vote for badnarik it's a vote that will help kerry get in and he sees him a treasonous bastard who should be in jail for war crimes and such. I see Bush as the exact same...
He lied about Iraq his cabinet members made him lie because they saw dollar signs over there... Apparantly this war isn't as important as they make it out to be... I think the only people who are enabling terrorists are the ones who are going after their countries for monetary gain.

ps: I know there are islamofaschists that wants us dead, this is just one observation out of many.

your husband sounds like a smart man....just for the record what is it that you feel bush has lied about?....and that would be a lie, ie...intent not content.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
keholmes, have you ever heard of haliburton?
maybe if bush took more time to go to war there would be more countries in the war and he wouldn't hire companies like haliburton.
which coincidently cheney owns 450,000 shares in and he used to be CEO of the company. and those shares went way up after iraq.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
maybe if bush took more time to go to war there would be more countries in the war and he wouldn't hire companies like haliburton.
which coincidently cheney owns 450,000 shares in and he used to be CEO of the company. and those shares went way up after iraq.

So youre going to vote for bush, because of Halliburton? JK, yes Ive heard of it, what is your point. As for waiting, then again maybe if more then a decade and 1516 resolutions were not enough what makes you think that more would have .especially since the Russian, German, and French presidents were getting far more than Halliburton can ever hope to make. Do you have any proof that Cheney bought more or are you implying that he was given them what might be the point with that?

Bring something to the table many people have shares in corporations especially ex executives.so when Clinton sold a nuclear reactor to NK and a company that rumsfield was an executive for won the contract was that rumsfields fault? or when Kerry said that we should sell a nuclear reactor and fuel to Iran is it shrubs fault because he was at the same event?

[edit on 3-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If that's how you feel? So why continue the Libertarian front?

Originally posted by keholmes
Im wondering if anyone has been swayed by recent events to vote for bush? If you will now vote different Id be interested to see the reasons why. Ive been swaying in the direction of Bush recently myself, largely because of my involvement with ATS and reading the posts of supporters of Kerry here. Quite frankly most of the supporters of kerry here are fairly scary. You ask why they support Kerry and the answer is generally some drivel about how bush mislead the nation or liesand he comes from a family of criminals or some other equally made up reason, most however dont have much to do with reality and quite often are positions both candidates have shared or currently share. However, when I reflect later, I generally return to my core; but, Ive noticed that each time Im a little closer than I was before.

I see your signature comments from A 20 something John Kerry that have been used as GOP talking points. I see the posts being very skewed, so....go ahead & declare already!

Truelies - is Mr.Holmes representative of the Lib team.....GOP-lite? And is he your husband?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My vote never changed, the more I see what Kerry wants to do to the US the more i see him trying to sell us out to communist countries, or anyone for that matter that wants to attack the US...BTW to that member that was saying Bush lied about IRaq....do take a look at what Clinton and most democrats did and said about Iraq....before this administration....then if you can make a reasonable debate that it was Bush who started the supposed lies I might change my vote....any takers?

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I haven't decided to vote for Bush. I come from one of the reddest states in the union though(Utah) so, if I don't vote for Bush I'm gonna be throwing my vote away. And throw my vote away I will. Last election I voted for Jello Biafra, who ran for the green party nomination but lost to Nader.The Shatner/Nimoy ticket has my vote this time around. Just imagine, Captain Kirk as president. It would be wonderful.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
take a look at what Clinton and most democrats did and said about Iraq....before this administration....then if you can make a reasonable debate that it was Bush who started the supposed lies I might change my vote....any takers?

I don't think anyone lied about the threat they thought Saddam posed UNTIL George Bush came along. He wanted to go to war from day one, and he crossed the line when the opportunity presented itself. If you don't think that Bush KNOWINGLY mislead the American people to drum up support to go to war, read this:

www.nytimes.com...

Then, find me some evidence that Saddam had something to do with 9/11. If you can't, then realize that Bush and Cheney have continued to imply this connection, which in my mind is a lie to justify their other lies. I know you really won't change your vote, but you should at least admit that you're voting for a disingenuous f*ckup.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith

Halliburton is the absolute lamest excuse yet, of course, other than "anybody but Bush".

What people fail to realize is that Halliburton is a very specialized company, especially its subsidiary Kellog, Brown and Root. They specialize in risky business, such as war zone support of our military. From supplying food, fuel and almost every other supply needed by the military, they build encampments, and contract for local labor used on nearly every military base in war zones. They are simply the only ones willing to do the job that they do. You can't put out a bid on something when there is only one supplier of the service you need. It wouldn't matter who was in the White House, or who the CEO is or was, they would still get the contracts. Period. I have been dealing with KB&R folks, many of them retired military guys I have worked with in the past, for many years in many war zones. There simply isn't any one else to do this kind of work.

Please come up with a better reason. This one simply isn't true....

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
The Shatner/Nimoy ticket has my vote this time around. Just imagine, Captain Kirk as president. It would be wonderful.

I know you're playing, but isn't there a Trekkie Party? Seriously.

It's a memory burn of mine from when I was a kid. Some news story about people really trying to bring about the Federation... in full costume.

Help a brother get in touch.

The influential Warrior Race of Klingons already endorsed Kerry though so maybe the Federation Party is no more.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think bush has lied about the real reasons of going to Iraq. I don't blame it on him, I blame it on Cheney,Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz (PNAC).

They made up a 70 something page blueprint of how they think America should handle foreign policy, their plans, and how they would need an attack similar to pearl harbour to get people to go along with them. I think their pulling the strings in the white house.

I also believe Bush is a danger to our health. So many things go unsaid when it comes to our water and the environment. This is our home and we're turning our back on it, people just think it's not important, but it affects us, and it will...

I believe in the karma police.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join