It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: We'll Get Things Done When The Republican “Fever” Breaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

President Barack Obama cited a Republican "fever" as the reason why he hasn't been able to make progress on deficit reduction or immigration reform at a Minneapolis fundraiser today.

The remarks are one of Obama's sharpest Republican critiques — equating their recent activism with illness — and are sure to draw condemnation from the right.

www.buzzfeed.com...

So Republican's are you sick in the head?

Republican's in the last 3 and half years have blocked Obama and all his "campaign promises" just forget from 2006 to 2010 Obama and the left held the House,Senate,and the presidency.

Yes it has all been the "feverish Republican's" fault this guy always with the blame game.

He talked of deficit reduction and said "we couldn't' get them to take yes for an answer."

Wonder if he means that 5.7 trillion he spent?

Surely not that was the last guy's fault.

"I believe that If we're successful in this election, when we're successful in this election, that the fever may break, because there's a tradition in the Republican Party of more common sense than that. My hope, my expectation, is that after the election, now that it turns out that the goal of beating Obama doesn't make much sense because I'm not running again, that we can start getting some cooperation again."

Haven't seen any common sense from the current administration; green failures such as Solyndra,and others, spending 787 billion dollars that funded sex studies, fast and furious. and a whole list of other things.

Always with the Republicans fault ALWAYS!!!! the "flat earthers" and now "Republican Fever" of the populace.

edit on 1-6-2012 by neo96 because: corrected cause xen is right.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Democrats had control of all Congressional committees in both the 110th and 111th Congresses.
(January 2007 thru December 2010)

They had the White House included with the 111th.

They still have majority status in the Senate and White House.

When Exactly were they expecting to pass legislation that helps the majority of American citizens ??

Sounds like a bunch of corrupt wimps if you ask me.

edit on Jun-01-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Republican's in the last 3 and half years have blocked Obama and all his "campaign promises" just forget from 2006 to 2010 Obama and the left held the House,Senate,and the presidency.

I was there in 2006. Wasn't Bush still president? I've been away awhile so maybe I missed something but I thought Obama took office in 2009. From 2007 to 2010 I took a sabbatical from the news, television, internet, and Americans in general so I'm still catching up.

I think there has been a Republican "fever" this year, in the sense that there has been some elevated and "hot" attention given to their primaries and not necessarily referring to an illness. I attribute most of this to Ron Paul's entry in this race that has heated interest in many folks, otherwise the other contenders would raise about as much excitement as the Democratic season has. Ho hum.

Not that Paul nor his crowd has withdrawn from the race or are likely to do so until after the convention but the popular media has been painting him out of it now - actually they've been doing so all season though few paid mind to that. So with Paul out of their hair now, besides their repeated message that Romney is their heir apparent, everyone can go back to sleep and that fever can subside so Obama can save the nation as he has been expected to do for the past three and-a-half years.

This has all been a feverish delirium, none of it real, and you can all rest easy now knowing you're in good hands. Sleep... sleep....

edit on 1-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

was there in 2006. Wasn't Bush still president? I've been away awhile so maybe I missed something but I thought Obama took office in 2009. From 2007 to 2010 I took a sabbatical from the news, television, internet, and Americans in general so I'm still catching up.

Bush was a lame duck Democrats took power and wrote the legislation that he is blamed for after all House is in charge of the purse strings, were in power with all 3 branches to pass anything they wanted 2 years worth.

I think there has been a Republican "fever" this year, in the sense that there has been some elevated and "hot" attention given to their primaries and not necessarily referring to an illness. I attribute most of this to Ron Paul's entry in this race that has heated interest in many folks, otherwise the other contenders would raise about as much excitement as the Democratic season has. Ho hum.

Personally took the "fever" as a sad attempt at mockery, but of course opinions will vary and it ranks right up there with his "flat earther" comment.

Ron Paul never had a chance and Obama and the left never took him as a viable candidate the comment was squarely aimed at the GOP of which Paul really isn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I had "Pac-Man fever" back in 83, along with millions of others.

No one thought of it as an illness though. We all thought it was a term used to describe the latest hot trend. Who knew it was an actual ailment?

Guess this is different.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

House is in charge of the purse strings, were in power with all 3 branches to pass anything they wanted 2 years worth.

In that case his two years have passed and it's on the Republicans now and has been for the past year and a half, fever or none. Will they prove themselves worthy to occupy the White House? Looks dismal to me.

Ron Paul never had a chance and Obama and the left never took him as a viable candidate the comment was squarely aimed at the GOP of which Paul really isn't.

Regardless of your opinion of Paul and his chances for the Oval Office it is undeniable he has added some excitement to this race, which would otherwise be lukewarm at best. Cheering Rah-Rah Romney is just not pepping up the rally much even though he's the media darling. He may be handing out hoagies but he's not giving out many goose pimples.

Fever is probably too optimistic, the dead just don't have them. The rest of 2012 will likely run about room temperature.

edit on 1-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Fillabusters!
I guess no body is supposed to have memory of what the Republicans did?
Fillabusters!
Fillabusters!
Fillabusters!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yes.
All while their initial cuts to Medicare and SS were placed on the table by the Obama administration. In an attempt to try and be bi-partisan, he was shown that the new breed of Tea Party congress and their Messiah Grover Norquist only care about taxes, and that America failing is an acceptable egg to break to make the Republican presidential omlette.

I don't see that as an illness. Just extremely dangerous and selfish. Nothing new from either party though.

edit on 1-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Remember Mitch McConnell's words: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." November 25th, 2010.

How many judicial nominees did the senate block to hamper the judicial branch of effectively doing its job and forcing issues onto the executive? Why should the democrats need a 'super-majority' in order to pass legislation? Why, time and time again, would republicans change their mind when the president took them up on their offers of 'bipartisanship'? To play politics and try and look better than the democrats. If any republicans tried to work with a democrat they were shouted down and reminded that the country needs to essentially fail so that the republican party can, once again, retake the white house and force their neocon dribble upon the American public.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is just more scapegoating. For some reason they just don't want to admit that he is unpopular with Democrats too.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ya this bum
ain't going to get
a damn thing done..

I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I dont know where Obama is seeing any Fever for the GOP.

Besides the Deadheads who are still wearing their "I love Bush " underwear, The GOP will probably lose their

Official Opposition Status to the Prohibition Party. I mean Romney?? The guy is a joke in his own Party.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Friendly Challenge

Show us some filibusters that would have had a positive impact (especially financial) on the majority of American citizens, if those filibusters were not exercised.

Please be specific. It's important to the people on the fence.

What exactly did those filibusters "prevent" from happening ?

And, how much have the filibusters saved, or how much would they have cost ?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Dont worry. Even 20 years from now,it will still be Bushes fault........

Its always Bushes fault.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Did you forget the US was downgraded because of the BS filibusters on the deficit. And the debt limit has never been fillabustered before because normal people know what happens when you screw your credit up. But just call it the Republican tea party fever I guess!

U.S. Downgrade May Cost $100B a Year: JPMorgan
www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 1-6-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by xuenchen

Did you forget the US was downgraded because of the BS filibusters on the deficit. And the debt limit has never been fillabustered before because normal people know what happens when you screw your credit up. But just call it the Republican tea party fever I guess!

That might be an example.

Can you show us ?

Like which filibusters on which legislations(s) ?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The US was downgraded because the great savior of the republic spent 5.7 trillion dollars.

Can't blame the Gop on that considering no budget has been passed in over 3 years, and the debt limit has been raised 3 times continuing Bush's "spending".
edit on 1-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The FAA filibuster.
www.democraticwhip.gov...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Obama wasted his first two years in office pushing ObamaCare.
That was during the time he had full Dem control across the board.
I think everyone can agree, he has no right to gripe.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
The FAA filibuster.
www.democraticwhip.gov...

can you quote some facts & figures.

you might be on to something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join