It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle Of Samara - 7 Helicopters Downed, 147 Troops Killed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Zcheng's only link so far is to another forum post, not an news source or goverment site of any kind. Heck I could write this and have as much credibility as his 'reference'.

Unless he can come up with a link to some kind of 'proof' or reliable report, this is a fiction post.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
Zcheng's only link so far is to another forum post, not an news source or goverment site of any kind. Heck I could write this and have as much credibility as his 'reference'.

Unless he can come up with a link to some kind of 'proof' or reliable report, this is a fiction post.

Go believe in Fox please, government will tell US people every truth there available. Peace in Mind.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Go believe in Fox please, government will tell US people every truth there available. Peace in Mind.

Zcheng isn�t marijuana illegal in china?
It is amazing that you can�t even find one news source, not even an alternative news source, just some weirdo writing a short story. And yet you just continue to post the drivel.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I've just heard some of this on CNN. The I american dead, only insurgents killed, precision targeting(avoid civilian casualties etc.) etc. etc......
When pressed just a little, the reporter had to back track. She (can't remember name) started of well but should have stopped whilst she was on top. I got a strange feeling the WHOLE truth was not being told.
Then I came here and read Zcheng's post.
With all due respect, to suggest that Zcheng's opinions are influenced by the legality of The Good Herb in China is ridiculous.
I'd keep an open mind if I were you, It might come in useful one day

MVH
Odd

edit bad spelling

[edit on 3/10/04 by Oddfellow]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
zcheng is just a Chinese propagandist. There should be no confusion about this... he has nearly stated so himself. He is a kid in china writing PR for his totalitarian masters.

...Though I wouldn't be surprised if the hard Left folks around here ran with this as news within a few minutes.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Zcheng,

Edit: Removed cheap insult!

[edit on 3-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
what the hell happened to intel and why are helicopters flying over dense coverage areas with out some input from ground units those helicopters could not have seem people in the trees you think that garilla warfare tactics of the past would have keyed the forceses on the ground to make sure there was some kind of drive thru on the way to the primary battle if anything to make sure someone wasnt in there trying to attack the from the dense cover and how was it that so many air craft fell and somone didnt pull them out after the second one fell i mean look at the show black hawk down and you can see better tactics there than here they only lost what 3 at the most common guys someone needs to wake up

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
did anyone else notice zcheng said the "American Associated Press"? last time i checked the AP was an international news service that is rarely controlled by any single country. just another example of anti-americanism.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oddfellow
..............With all due respect, to suggest that Zcheng's opinions are influenced by the legality of The Good Herb in China is ridiculous.
I'd keep an open mind if I were you, It might come in useful one day

i already know where it will be useful; to wrap the previous just prior to lighting it. and my mind is open, just not to the point of drooling.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
did anyone else notice zcheng said the "American Associated Press"? last time i checked the AP was an international news service that is rarely controlled by any single country. just another example of anti-americanism.

Zcheng is sitting in an office, as we speak, and getting yelled at by his boss for boffing this latest attempt at psychological warfare. How can i put this? This guy has appeared on other boards bearing the same 'news'. It always turns out that he pushes a pro-china edge and screws up on facts in a way that reveal him to be an agent of propaganda.

Trust me.... this dude is an employee of the chinese government, one who is just trying to mess with the minds of americans.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Nice one keholmes! Seriously though, whatever one may think of the reliabilty or otherwise of information sources, there is an objective reality out there some where! It is very hard to probe the nature of events so far away in a war zone. One philosopical clue is that the comparison between two abstacts is not an abstract in itself. It is possible to make a closer approximation of reality by using this method along with others. How else can we indirectly discern truth? There is more to all this than meets the eye, unfortunatly.

MVH
Odd

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Despite the obvious Chinese conspiracy what about my quest a few posts ago were was the itel a**holes that allowed those to enter from a direction that was not properly assesed for hostiles didnt anyone learn from NAM trees are deadly even more so with should held rockets and grenade launchers on every kids x_mas list in that area someone scewed up on the ground

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oddfellow
Nice one keholmes! Seriously though, whatever one may think of the reliabilty or otherwise of information sources, there is an objective reality out there some where! It is very hard to probe the nature of events so far away in a war zone. One philosopical clue is that the comparison between two abstacts is not an abstract in itself. It is possible to make a closer approximation of reality by using this method along with others. How else can we indirectly discern truth? There is more to all this than meets the eye, unfortunatly.

MVH
Odd

So you�re buying a used car, 100 mechanics tell you that it looks like the transmission is about to fall out. Some anonymous guy calls and tells you that he heard it is the best maintained car on the lot�..your saying I should come up with it needing only a tune-up?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Zcheng,
*edited offensive content*

Now... look... we both are using the same standard for 'references' and are making equal sense...

Where are moderators? Is this not Racism?

This just show how low you realy are. If you have closed mind, do not mind read this thread, let alone replying.

This is for people seeking truth and connecting dots.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
"After this attack, the US called in its F14 and F16 attack ...."

There are no more F14 aircraft in the US military's active duty inventory.

Right. There has been already a topic on this forum titled 'One last fliht and F-14's heading to the graveyard'
Some F-16 were candidates for Austria's new MRF's but that means nothing, some F-16s still remain in US service

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This is a discussion forum.

So discuss the post don't insult the poster!

Food for thought is that you may not think that this story is reported accurately but this may be how it's being reported in some areas of Iraq and in other parts of the world like China.

I think that anyone who believes whole heartedly what is being reported in the U.S press is deluding themselves.

Criticise facts and content to debunk like the F-14 comment if you wish.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I beleive the crap that was going on personally attacking the poster in point totally debunked the hole post and its replies to the point that I will never get an answer to the 2 questions I had and that is not fair to first the poster but to those who want to hold a discussion........sorry poster I wanted to sorta debat the issues in some areas but I didnt get a chance when you and others who seriously want to discuss the issues at hand u2u me and maybe we can do so in an area where the access is linited or something .....thank you moderator for your post

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
hahahaha
)))) insurgents wet-dreams about figting with US soldiers
)))

if you want links to these comical sites here you are
))

www.albasrah.net...

www.albasrah.net...

----

iraqwar.mirror-world.ru...

www.jihadunspun.net.../home.php&

here you have even news about CAPTURED US ABRAMS :LOL:

have a good fun

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The world and american people would have definatly heard about such casualties. there's damn near as many reporters in iraq as american troops

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardCore American
The world and american people would have definatly heard about such casualties. there's damn near as many reporters in iraq as american troops

They have to report according the rules set by US. Al Jezeera was banned from Reporting in Iraq because of some violation of those rules. It is following these rules much more closely now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join