It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cant persucute me just because i think that.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I don't mean to speak for Foobar, but I think he is feeling the frustration that so many of us feel. In desperation, he strikes out and says bomb them all. He doesn't really advocate killing innocent civilians.

I agree with you we all feel frustrated about what is going on in Iraq, yes I wish sometimes US just bomb them all and finish with the problem, but then again if it was not for US invasion the problem in Iraq and our troops dying will not be a problem at all, and we also have to remember that it's lots of inocent peopel caught in the invasion and fighting strugle that did not ask for all this mess in their country.

I am still amazed at some in these boards that agree with another invasion and strike in Iran.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Its the coalition bombings that have already taken place that has caused much of the violence in Iraq today. No matter what country you are from, people of the same nationality usually consider an attack from a foreign source upon one of their people an attack upon all of them. Just look at U.S. reaction to 9/11 or Pearl Harbor for proof of that. Reactionary violence and terrorism is due directly to coalition attacks in Iraq. If you continue to bomb Iraqis, no matter who the target is claimed to be, you will continue to have more attacks upon soldiers. It is a never ending circle of violence and many people fail to recognize this.

You can not win the peace by killing. You will only create a larger rebellion. 100% genocide is the only method to stop such attacks while maintaining a military presence and the U.S. would destroy its already broken credibility if nukes were set off on a course of mass genocide to create peace.

The only way to attain peace in this situation is to leave. So many Iraqis are fighting the United States and the coalition in general or simply cannot stand their presence means that the attacks will never stop. Quite literally this a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation with the only means of stopping soldier deaths is a pull-out from Iraq.

Saddam is out of power. The non-existant WMD that we went to war over are no longer a threat. Mission accomplished. Leave Iraq to the Iraqis.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree with you we all feel frustrated about what is going on in Iraq, yes I wish sometimes US just bomb them all and finish with the problem, but then again if it was not for US invasion the problem in Iraq and our troops dying will not be a problem at all,

marg, if the US had left after capturing Saddam, do you think that Zarqawi and his group would not be in Iraq? It is him and his followers that are causing the problems. Hopefully things will begin to change after the January elections.

I am still amazed at some in these boards that agree with another invasion and strike in Iran.

The reason Iran would be attacked is because of nuclear weapons capability. This would be a global problem, not just a US problem. How do you think we should handle this?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I don't mean to speak for Foobar, but I think he is feeling the frustration that so many of us feel. In desperation, he strikes out and says bomb them all. He doesn't really advocate killing innocent civilians.

Well, if you guys feel some desperation and frustration about all those deaths over there, maybe it's time you do something to remove the moron who is in control and send them to death for no good reasons... The guy makes no sense and has no judgment... It's time to bring back someone with some sense and who will make a better president!! Not just an egocentrical man who will never admit he can make mistakes. I watched the debate the other day and what was that??? We can't send different messages to our troops??? Come on!! Our troops are not stupid... They already realize being there that this war is wrong... telling them to come back would be the proof that George War Bush has some sense in him...But no...he won't do it cuz they haven't made the arrangement with the people there who are sympathetic to the US for the control of the oil over there...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I agree with you we all feel frustrated about what is going on in Iraq, yes I wish sometimes US just bomb them all and finish with the problem, but then again if it was not for US invasion the problem in Iraq and our troops dying will not be a problem at all,

marg, if the US had left after capturing Saddam, do you think that Zarqawi and his group would not be in Iraq? It is him and his followers that are causing the problems. Hopefully things will begin to change after the January elections.

The reason Iran would be attacked is because of nuclear weapons capability. This would be a global problem, not just a US problem. How do you think we should handle this?

Maybe the US should be invaded by the rest of the world because of their nuclear weapons too... The americans are becoming a dangerous country for the rest of the world... They are starting to invade other country for any kind of reasons so, when will they invade ours? It is scary... Maybe the US should be bombed...Peace would probably come back in the rest of the world... Of course, I'm being sarcastic here because bombing is not a solution... what I mean is, the US is as dangerous as any other countries... And maybe the US are the first country that should be stopped because it is the country who are generating the most hatred over the world and therefore, creates the most terrorists because of their action.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The US as well as the Uk shouldn't of been over there in the first place. If they bombed them it would be the iceing on the cake of mis doing

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by riouxda
Well, if you guys feel some desperation and frustration about all those deaths over there, maybe it's time you do something to remove the moron who is in control and send them to death for no good reasons... The guy makes no sense and has no judgment... It's time to bring back someone with some sense and who will make a better president!! Not just an egocentrical man who will never admit he can make mistakes. I watched the debate the other day and what was that??? We can't send different messages to our troops??? Come on!! Our troops are not stupid... They already realize being there that this war is wrong... telling them to come back would be the proof that George War Bush has some sense in him...But no...he won't do it cuz they haven't made the arrangement with the people there who are sympathetic to the US for the control of the oil over there...

Absolutely. Bush has treated our soldiers like garbage. Making jokes about not finding WMDs, extending their tours of duty overseas (a backdoor draft), and not providing them with proper supplies is only the start of it.
Hearing him speak "for the troops" makes me sick. IMO he looks down on them because most come from lower income households. (Do you think he'd be making jokes about not finding WMDs if his billionaire oil chums were having bombs thrown at them? Pleeease).

The first thing we need to do is vote him out of office. Once Kerry gets in we must encourage him to bring the troops home asap.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows

The first thing we need to do is vote him out of office. Once Kerry gets in we must encourage him to bring the troops home asap.

Right! John kerry is the answer. Lets see he has not even been elected and he already has bagged on the Iraqi PM (Way to help him out there John). His supporters such as yourselves continue to cry "bring our troops home" yet have no real plan whatsoever. John kerry and his supporters act like morale bosters for the insurgents. They know if Kerry is elected, they have 4 years of wishy washy leadership that they can take advantage of. Passing the Global Test. Pshaw, Im glad that JFK wants to make sure protecting our interests is okay with France. :shk:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
First due to the nature of the elections to be conducted in Iraq I don't believe that the people of Iraq are going to agree with the elected PM if the people in Iraq are not given any other choices that come from their different ethnic background, we know already who is the favorite candidate in Iraq and I really think US will do anything to keep him in power.

Elections in Iraq are not going to come out the way we think and people are not going to be happy with the results either, just the same way that the people in Iraq do not see any good that has come with the invasion.

After seen the disastrous results of an invasion in Afghanistan and Iraq we should really think how an invasion or attack in Iran is going to be better, yes targeting the nuclear power plant I see it as the right thing after if negotiations fail, but an invasion in that country is not going to be the smart thing to do.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"They are starting to invade other country for any kind of reasons so, when will they invade ours? "

Man, I get tired of this song. The US has not loaded up a van and driven out to do lynchings like a mob of global redneck KKK members. We went places we felt we needed to go. I keep seeing people yap about the whitehouse making up intel on WMD. So the whitehouse controls the intel for other countries too?? Look, here's the deal. Saddam supported terrorism through funding and encouragement. He himself is a terrorist as well as a brutal insect. Bush was told they had WMD and no amount of inspections was going to change it because the inspectors never had free reign. Since the UN wasn't going to do anything about Saddam, we decided to. About 40 other countries signed on too. We're not out to invade every country on a whirlwind tour of destruction and we're not warmongers. I'm so tired of hearing this kind of crap. I keep seeing him compared to Hitler and Stalin and even Saddam himself. Stupidity. This nonsense gets tossed around so casually, but I bet if you find a Holocaust survivor and compare Bush to the Nazis or Hitler you'll get a different view. It cheapens what those people went through under REAL Nazis and murderers when people call Bush one.

I can think of a few places I'd like our troops to make stops at on the way home from Iraq. Luckily I'm not in charge, eh?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Bomb them ? Where have you been all the time ? Don't you hear the news ? They're bombed very frequently.

The bombings are not working, they do more damage to innocents than to the insurgents. This will likely go on for some more years.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

we should really think how an invasion or attack in Iran is going to be better

marg, you and I seldom see eye to eye on any issue, but I agree with you there. if anybdy thinks we will be able to stroll into Iran like we did Iraq, they need thier head checked, and if you think pacifing Iraq is bad now, wait till you try it in a country with 3X the population and they ALL hate you. Bad indeed

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by bushblows

Right! John kerry is the answer. Lets see he has not even been elected and he already has bagged on the Iraqi PM (Way to help him out there John). His supporters such as yourselves continue to cry "bring our troops home" yet have no real plan whatsoever. John kerry and his supporters act like morale bosters for the insurgents. They know if Kerry is elected, they have 4 years of wishy washy leadership that they can take advantage of. Passing the Global Test. Pshaw, Im glad that JFK wants to make sure protecting our interests is okay with France. :shk:

Don't be manipulative; I never said "John Kerry is a cure-all."
However - he hasn't joked about not finding WMDs or barked: "Bring it on!" like a cowardly school boy while people are being beheaded abroad.

People like yourself want Bush to stay in office because you're *afraid* terrorists will attack US soil if they aren't preying upon our soldiers overseas. That cowardly view has been expressed at this site - and in the real world - by Bush supporters repeatedly. "I'd rather have a war fought overseas then here in America" is the pro-Bush mantra. How wimpy and selfish can you get??

Thankfully decent Republicans exist. They'll help oust George in November.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foobarr
it makes me sick and i just want to bomb them. but i know that it is wrong

You know its wrong to commit mass murder but think it should be done anyway? How can you possibly justify doing that? What does it matter if the enemy is killing american troops? How will mass murder kill the criminals? It will kill civilians. Targeting civilians is illegal and immoral, get you primitive irrational ugly urges under control.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
First of all, we did bomb them. Second, you can't bomb them now. Our troops are on the ground. Third, bombing a country that's already in such dismay won't do anything. They're already practically in the stone ages. What good is bombing the last few buildings they have left? Why do you want to kill all their civilians? You're not a very clear thinker, are you? I think someone should bomb your state, then bomb Washington DC. There are too many murderous people there. We might as well take them all out.
Those are the kinds of people we don't like, right? Why discriminate?

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Foobarr
it makes me sick and i just want to bomb them. but i know that it is wrong

You know its wrong to commit mass murder but think it should be done anyway? How can you possibly justify doing that? What does it matter if the enemy is killing american troops? How will mass murder kill the criminals? It will kill civilians. Targeting civilians is illegal and immoral, get you primitive irrational ugly urges under control.

Agreed!! Saying that would be like saying "Hmmm...I feel like killing this guy...but I know it's wrong...and since I know it's wrong...people know that I'm a good person so, if I go and kill him, they will pardon me..."

So, the fact of knowing it is wrong doesn't give you the right to do it anyway. Killing people is wrong, that's all!! Terrorists were wrong to come here and kill people just like the US killing civilian iraqis there is wrong!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
FredT

Thanks for the comment, remember the only reason we are in different sides is because the political year, after novermber we all going to be a happy family

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by riouxda
Terrorists were wrong to come here and kill people just like the US killing civilian iraqis there is wrong!

The US actions in iraq are not 'just like' those of the terrorists in iraq. If nothin else the US is not targeting civilians like the terrorists are.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
did you guys not read the whole topic???? (riouxda and Nygdan) i said i wanted to bomb them but not the freaking civilians. god. enough people are on my case from me wanting to bomb them but i clearly stated:

Foobarr: "i want to bomb them, but not the innocent lives. now i should of made this clear in my first post. "

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Foobarr]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Foobarr: "i want to bomb them, but not the innocent lives. now i should of made this clear in my first post. "

Yes, you should have made that clear. Why in the world do you think its wrong to kill people who are trying to kill you? Your entire post doesn't make any sense in that context. And no, i didn't read the entire thread, i read your first post, which i assumed you would've put some moments of thought into to include such a critical detail as that.

i wanted to bomb in the desert where the "supposed" Al-Quaida lurk.

Ah, ok, so bascialyl you don't know what you are talking about I gather? How does one go about 'bombing' entire deserst and regions of the world? And earlier you said that you

but i do know that there are a large majority of people who havent done wrong. and how do we know which one is which (innocent to non-innocent) the anwser is we dont.

First off, large majority? There are millions upon millions of people in the middle east. If the majority were raised in armed insurrection, then the war would be over and they'd've won. Secondly, you don't state that you don't want to kill civilians, you say its merely regrettable, and that the US should 'bomb em'.

Again, thats a great strategy man. 'Bomb 'em' Gee, how could anyone have possibly thought that that meant 'all of 'em' or some such.

Seriously, if you have mistated your meaning in the first post, edit it, and even note that you are editing it, or, since there is already a bit of a thread on it, leave it as it is, then add the clarification, and specifically name who you are talking about when you say " 'em"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join