It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors: Revoke Zimmerman's bond

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Prosecutors try cases in the media all the time.

They will leak stories, play BS game and anything else they can to sway potential jurors,

Zimmerman may never have confronted TM .

i have had people (nut cases) that have threatened me because they though i was dissing then or watching them.
i was watching some of them because they were will known meth heads and would steal anything not tied down.

Maybe TM took offense to seeing Zimmerman was watching him from a distance and confronted Zimmerman.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
This is a joke of a case. I think bond should be based on the individual's threat to society and ability to run, not based on whether or not the courts can extort more money from the ACCUSED.

If he lied to the court.

Isn't that perjury?

Yes. And what he lied about was
His ABILITY TO RUN.

So the Navy Vet there was probably the best deck mopper money can buy.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

Newsflash.... You don't even got to be on a watch program. It is not, nor was it ever illegal to follow a suspicious person around your neighborhood. It is not illegal to even ask them some questions. They can respond with piss off if they want. They cannot respond by punching you however. They cannot then mount you and beat the piss out of you.

Every one seems to forget the whole reason for GZ to be on the neighborhood watch, which he was more or less picked to be on.

For several months leading up to the incident, homes were being broken into by young males. The last time GZ backed off after calling 911, the perpetrator got away. This time, he followed waiting for the police, never anticipating an MMA style whup azz. When the trial comes, we will hear from the witness that saw it go down.

I still say BOTH are at fault.

We all can say well IF Zimmerman hadn't done this, then none of this would have happened.

Yet at the same time, If Trayvon hadn't confronted him and beat the crap out of him to the point where GZ felt it necessary to fire in self defense, then this wouldn't have happened.

Sorry, just playing Devil's Advocate here.....

I'm not making excuses for Zimmerman but I'm open minded enough to see what led up to this point and why he made the decision that he did. The 911 operator only told him he didn't need to follow, it was not an order.
911 will never tell any one to put their selves in harms way due to lawsuits....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
Every one seems to forget the whole reason for GZ to be on the neighborhood watch, which he was more or less picked to be on.

That is such Bull.

He put himself into the position.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
Agreed, But that 17 year old kid was recently kicked out of school for beating up his bus driver.

Which of the things you list should warrant a bullet in the chest?

Hell it was dark and the kid was wearing a hoodie. How would he even know he was black, white or green?

Ask George. He said he was black on the 911 call.

This is #ing ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

That is such Bull.

He put himself into the position.

By June 2011, Zimmerman's attention had shifted from a loose pit bull to a wave of robberies that rattled the community, called the Retreat at Twin Lakes. The homeowners association asked him to launch a neighborhood watch, and Zimmerman would begin to carry the Kel-Tec on his regular, dog-walking patrol - a violation of neighborhood watch guidelines but not a crime.

Please read the part where it says the homeowners assoc. asked him to launch the watch. Also, it may be a violation of the guidelines to carry but NOT a crime.

Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

Even this lady is trying to explain what led up to this and why TM was being observed.

www.reuters.com...

Please set your emotions aside and try to understand what this neighborhood had been going through with all these robberies. I would have probably followed too, to prevent a possible home invasion. If it wasn't for the robberies, there would have been no need for a watch patrol.

I know, it's still no excuse for there to be a dead person, but that's what the trial is for.

Either self-defense or manslaughter, that is for the jury to decide.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I've been following this on talk radio before it ever appeared on ATS.

Don't tell me I have to follow "who ever".

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Autumnal

Ask George. He said he was black on the 911 call.

Actually, no, he didn't..... can not trust the media:

NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 call

The recording aired on NBC's "Today" show on March 27, when the audio viewers heard suggested that Zimmerman volunteered to police, without provocation, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."
But the tape had been edited, and the portion where the 911 dispatcher specifically asks Zimmerman if the person in question was "black, white or Hispanic," was deleted.

They purposely tried to make this a race issue but why? For what reasoning, to promote violence?

The conversation that actually occurred between the dispatcher and Zimmerman is as follows:

"This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about." Then the dispatcher asked, "O.K., and this guy — is he white, black or Hispanic?" To which Zimmerman replied, "He looks black."

It was only AFTER the dispatcher asked him that he replied "looks black". That is not being racist when asked to give a description.

news.yahoo.com...

NBC issues apology for edited Zimmerman 911 call Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Following reports that NBC aired audio of the call was edited in a way that implied Zimmerman was racist, the network launched an internal investigation Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

And so I ask again, why are they trying to make this a race issue? What really was the point of editing the tape except to make Zimmerman look bad. Strange......

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I've been following this on talk radio before it ever appeared on ATS.

And I told you on another thread that talk radio is not the news---- it's talking heads with their opinions.

And usually, regardless of the topic, be it political or civil, it's their thoughts not actual facts. And it's usually one sided, their side.

And I don't follow it here on ATS... I only comment. There is a difference.

I'm just not as emotionally charged as you seem to be. You're taking this all to personally. You're quick to jump on any one who doesn't agree with you.

Me.... I don't care one way or another. I am curious about the law and how this will play out. Also, I like to hear other peoples opinions. That's what this forum is for. I just don't take them to heart like you do.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You don't read comments very well, do you.

Where on earth did you get the impression that I said YOU had to follow "who ever"?

I was talking about me, if I were in a similar situation, not you. I would do what it takes to protect my friends and neighbors. If it means following some one that looks suspicious until the cops get there, then so be it!!!

Geez, you need to take a chill pill and relax some......

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
OP was the revocation of GZs bond, but it appears people are more interested in arguing the murder 2 charge and speculating on the outcome of a trial which hasn't even begun yet. Bear in mind the defense has received thousands of pages of discovery from the prosecution, and so far, less than 190 pages have been released to the public domain. It might be prudent to withhold judgement on the strength or weakness of the state's case until more information becomes available.

The fact of the matter is that GZ and his wife, while under oath, lied to a trial judge about their financial status. A serious matter, especially when you consider this a self-defense case where Trayvon Martin can't testify, and no-one besides GZ witnessed the actual shooting. The defense will hinge largely on GZs account of events, and when his credibility is impeached, as it was today, that's a serious issue for the defense.

If you don't believe judge Lester was [justifiably] PO'd, you can listen to his summation here. Wait for the audio to load and F/F to 46:12. Prosecutor Bernie de la Ronda begins addressing the state's motion to revoke bail near the 22:48 marker.

You can read the prosecution,s motion to revoke here. It's only a few pages long and worthy of your time if you're trying to place today's events in proper context.

As a result of this deception, not only is GZs immediate freedom in jeopardy, but Shelly Zimmerman may be facing a perjury charge. If you listen to audio (@47:25), even judge Lester expressed his "surprise" that the prosecution hadn't yet filed an action against her based on the strength of the evidence that she lied.

edit on 2-6-2012 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by TheTardis

. . . don't you think we can give this guy a little slack?

There is a dead 17 year old kid who was walking home from a convenience store.

Don't forget he was carrying skittles and iced-tea and was skipping along singing the Smurfs song..."la la lalalala la lala la la"

It's just not true that he attacked George and was beating the tar out of him. That's just not possible and all the evidence that points to that just simply can't be true because...well ABC told me so and they wouldn't lie.

I hope George chased down and grabs one of your kids some day. I hope you taught your kids to defend themselves too. That way, when they start defending themselves George will be OK in shooting them to death. Then I can go on and on about what thug your kid was and crappy parent you are. That sounds awesome.

KIDS, PLEASE BE MORE RECEPTIVE TO ARMED STRANGERS IN THE DARK.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV
reply to post by natives

Hello McFly!!!! Listen to the tapes. Also he is not legally responsible to listen to a dispatcher whom is not sworn Law Enforcement. Jesus get it through your head people unless a LAW Enforcement Officer tells you No, you do not have to listen.

29INFDIV

Right.
Cuz otherwise he would be in jail.
Oh...wait

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Please post your news and info using this link
Everything Zimmerman and Martin
And this main thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is closed.

new topics