It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scot Peterson killed his wife in their home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
it makes me sad that this whole affair is going to turn into an abortion debate and a "is he guilty?" discussion in the media and at large. because it isn't really about that. it's about a woman who was murdered in the prime of her life and a family that will never meet their first grandchild or see their only daughter alive again. it's tragic.

of course, wallowing in sadness isn't good for ratings. watching pro/anti abortion people scream at each other and speculating on Scott Peterson's guilt or innocence makes for much better television. oh well. this post seemed much more profound when it popped into my mind, but you all get my point.

Ditto

AF1

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is somewhat reminiscent of OJ Simpson.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well, this hysterical agonising over "Laci" -like the dubious Santorum and teh kerfuffle over teh Georgia flag are not exactly front-page news outside the US; so I may have missed something.
But my understanding is that the prosecution have nothing beyond the circumstantial and that they are going to ask for the death penalty of the basis of this.
Sounds weird.
As for the comment above "They have evidence that hasn't been made public" : I fancy we've all become a little wary about that approach since 9-11.
This is US media-ratings madness, once again.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Modesto does seem to be a rum sort of place. Wasn�t Chandra Levy from there?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
More to the point: It has been a circus.

The parents and the reward.
The Peterson family �live from San Diego�
Ceaseless drivel on lacipeterson.com
We�ve had Scott�s mistress Amber and her Daddy.
Reclassification of the case from missing person to homicide.

Rense ran a screed of gibberish on some �spiritualist� using �communications with spirit helpers via Instrumental Trans-communication� to prove Scott did it.

We�ve had pro- and anti-abortion rantings after Mavra Stark waded in on behalf (or so she appears to have thought, at the time) of the National Organization for Women.

It�s the silly season again.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Fox News has gleaned exclusive new information about Scott Peterson's wiretapped phone conversations with his girlfriend, Amber Frey, after the investigation into his wife Laci Peterson (search)'s disappearance intensified.

A source close to Frey, 28, told Fox that Scott sometimes called her five to six times a night after she went public with details of their affair in January. He used at least three different cell phones to contact Frey, according to the source.

During one phone call taped by police, the source said that Frey asked Scott, "Do I need to be afraid of you?"

"Absolutely not. I am not a monster," Scott replied.

"Did you have anything to do with your wife's disappearance?" Frey continued.

Scott reportedly fumbled and said, "Ah, ah ... (Pause) No. But I know who did it and I'll tell you later when I see you."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"Everyday in America woman kill their unborn child via abortion, but we never hear them being tried for murder of an unborn baby."

Oh boy....

If you're against abortion...don't have one. Until it leaves the woman's body, it's part of her. As such, it's her decision to do with as she sees fit. Personally, it's up to them if they can deal with it. As a man, I really have no say in it, as far as I'm concerned, unless the child is also mine. Personally, I wouldn't have my child aborted, but if others can deal with it, that's their decision to make. I'd find it hard to live with myself. I'd rather see the child adopted than aborted (the waiting list for parents seeking babies to adopt is pretty long), but I respect a woman's right to choose.

That is medically incorrect. The baby is a unique and seperate being in just a matter of a few days of inception.

I respect a woman's right to choose, but that choice doesn't come at the time to opt for murder, it comes at the time to say "No, I'll not take the risk of disease or pregnancy."

Abstract, can't a fellow decide to change his looks, grab some cash and go see the sights in old Mexico without being a double murderer? And who among us hasn't accidentally had someone else's passport in their posession?

Yup, I'd hate to be the one to defend this character.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Personally I harbor great distaste for illmatic67.. I really do not like this guy...

thats why I am so confused as to why I agree with him on these points.. strange world..

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hey, Arc, don't dislike '67, he is really a very good boy who has the makings of being a very good man. He, like many of those in our fair community, is a teenager.

Man, I'd hate to run into me as a teenager. I promise you that I'd disapprove!

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Actually I�ve kinda changed my opinion about the whole case. After seeing the media circus around this whole case is really sickens me. I must admit that the media did railroad this guy. But he was adding fuel to the fire. I don�t feel that this case has anything to do with abortion.

This was a beautiful woman that was in the prime of her life. She wanted to have her baby. Both lives were cut short. Plus another thing that has made me change my mind is that a while back there was a woman that worked at a grocery store. She said she saw lacey come in with some man. Lacey told her she had been kidnapped. The lady being dumb as stone not only let it slip her mind but when the man came to pay for his stuff this woman told him that his wife said that you kidnapped her. I remember hearing this story in January and never heard anything else about it.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Illmatic67, we agree on something!! The killing of children can't be justified!

Unless you're liberating them...

If this guy is found to be guilty, I hope he gets gang raped Jeffrey Dahmer style.

[Edited on 28-5-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"medical" explaination or not...

It is my opinion that while it's a part of her body, a woman has say over it's fate. Feel free to disagree, and I would rather they carry it to term, and give it up for adoption if need be, as an alternative, but ultimately, I believe it should be her choice.

Sorry to get off the thread a bit.

Scott is going down.....big time....

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Illmatic67

oh get over it!!! abortions are not anybody's business but the mothers. I think that this should not have anything to do with anybody else but the mother. I also think that mixing religion and state is wrong. what scot peterson did was wrong and horrid. however, this has nothing to do with abortions.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I thought they found concrete dust in his boat that matched the type of concrete that the concrete boot found on Laci was made from.

Most of the evidence so far may be circumstantial (what evidence we know of so far anyways), but it seems practical to me. He had the motive and the means plus a really crappy alibi. And yes, half of america may dye their hair. However he dyed his hair, grew a goatee, had someone elses ID AND was headed towards the Mexican boarder when he knew he was being investigated. He had the motive and the means plus has been leaving verbal clues such as telling his Mistress that his wife was dead.

I don't think this should be turned into an abortion debate. He murdered a baby that was about to be born. From what I understand most, if not all states have made full term abortions illegal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join