It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stange illution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i dont know how to discribe it but when when ever i look at the floor it appears to wave like a ripple over a pond. can anyone help explane this strange experienc becaus it kind of makes you sick.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Maybe you have vertigo? It sounds like that. Not sure, you should see your doctor about that..

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Have you had your eyes tested?

Or could be your blood pressure, you should see a doc to eliminate both,

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah I've known several people with vertigo, your symptoms sound identical. You should see a doctor and get his opinion. Also visit the following site.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I concur; Vertigo
Does your ears hurt at all? You could have an ear infection. But whatever it is, you need to see a doctor, Vertigo could be a symptom of something more serious and it's best to catch it early.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
vertigo from looking down from where you stand?? thats ridiculous. i've had this experience neonine has described, even while sitting. its not vertigo. pretty much, if you stare at surface on one point, ie; floor, wall, or ceiling, its like it sways and or ripples. probably just an eye trick on the mind, but if what we see is real, then what does this tell you? either way, not vertigo, unless i read his comment all wrong. dfh out.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
vertigo from looking down from where you stand?? thats ridiculous. i've had this experience neonine has described, even while sitting. its not vertigo. pretty much, if you stare at surface on one point, ie; floor, wall, or ceiling, its like it sways and or ripples. probably just an eye trick on the mind, but if what we see is real, then what does this tell you? either way, not vertigo, unless i read his comment all wrong. dfh out.

I whole heartedly agree
Stop starring at the floor and go do something.
Or you could read some good books, try The Teaching's of Don Juan; A Yaqui Indian Sorcerer by Carlos Castaneda. You can skip the first book it is technical. The second book will teach you the techniques of opening the doors of perception. Which is what you apparently are on the verge of doing. It does not come naturally to many, consider it a gift.
The same ability can be acquired with Kundalini, Hatha Yoga, Transcendental Meditation, etc... However I prefer Don Juan's way. It is more fun and definitely a higher plane can be achieved.
You can go to a Dr. just to be safe. I am rather inclined to believe he will merely sell you some drugs that will close your doors, forever.

TUT

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Deafence#,

You say it�s ridiculous? I don�t think so. If someone is experiencing dizziness the safe bet would be to assume that it may be a medical condition and visit a doctor. To simply jump to the conclusion that you are seeing another universe or something paranormal is not a very responsible assumption.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I agree King Lizard

neonine trust me, if you have some untapped ability, it will still be there after you visit the doctor, but wouldn't you rather be sure that it's not something like an ear infection, which could lead to deafness if not treated. If the doctor finds nothing physically wrong with you, then obviously you will realize that yes you have some special ability. so either way, going to the doctor is the best thing to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
neonine...Does the floor you are looking at have any type of repeating patterns that may give an optical illusion through the eye, and a sense of it moving? Many carpet patterns or floor patterns give people similar symptoms. In fact, one of my local libraries had to completely remove their carpet because people would get dizzy and sick from looking at it as it gave a sort of "Moving" or "waving" effect. Before you rush to the doctor I would suggest it may be something like this. Also, has anyone around you experienced or felt the same as you when looking at this particular piece of flooring?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Deafence#,

You say it�s ridiculous? I don�t think so. If someone is experiencing dizziness the safe bet would be to assume that it may be a medical condition and visit a doctor. To simply jump to the conclusion that you are seeing another universe or something paranormal is not a very responsible assumption.

ok, perhaps a trip to the doctor couldnt hurt, and i never said it was anything like seeing another universe by the way, i pointed out that it could be a visual illusion or something "else". i just very much doubt that it would be vertigo, due to personal experience, however, simply because everyones different, it could be wise as you said to get it checked out. agreed? dfh out.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Vertigo is a good guess, as is just a wacky psychedelic floor pattern
Another possibility is some sort of ocular motor apraxia or even the kind of vision changes people often get before severe headaches or migraines. if you're headache prone, might want to start on those aspirin
Like everyone said, if it keeps up or gets worse or you notice new symptoms, get it checked out by a doc.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Another possibility is some sort of ocular motor apraxia or even the kind of vision changes people often get before severe headaches or migraines.

Interesting...I did not even think about that being a possible cause even more than the optical patterns I mentioned. I have had a few bad headaches and migraines in my time, and that would coincide perfectly with what he was describing. I'm curious to see what neonine will say though

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I can safely say its not vertigo my mother has had it and she was in bed for 2 weeks. Its very strange the visions occure when I consentrate on a particular patch of ground no matter what patch it is. The weird part is I can almost control it in a sence change the intensity. Again in the last couple of days the occurens has been rare but when I do get it I can sort of play with it.

if any one els has another idea as to what the hells going on i would much ablige.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
neonine, do you wear glasses?

I know I have experienced symptoms similar to those you describe when having new specs, but everything was fine once I got used to them.

top topics

join