It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Syria 'mass killing' reported ahead of UN meeting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
90% of the Syrians voted for Assad

Why do people drag election quotes such as that into discussion with regards to how popular a dictator is among the population?

Honestly, how did you expect those numbers to be reflected? No candidate, anywhere in the world ever gets such high numbers except ONLY always in a DICTATORSHIP.

Ever stop and ask yourself why that is?

edit on 1-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I understand what you are saying but we have a two party dictatorship here in which 100% of the people approve.

Secondly do you remember the fake syrian danny CNN propaganda bit. I am saying that we should not be so easily misled down these wars again.

That being said the syrian government should not kill civilians, and if it happens in the event of taking out a rebel terrorist it is very tragic.
edit on 013030p://6America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jun 2012 13:24:23 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Honestly, how did you expect those numbers to be reflected? No candidate anywhere in the world ever gets such high numbers except always in a DICTATORSHIP.

Ever stop and ask yourself why that is?:

Obama wishes he had numbers like those!!

The reason he doesn’t is because nobody fears Obama will kill them or their family for voicing reasonable dissent (at least not yet...give it a few more months).

edit on 1-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

A two party system divided in half in which one side is violently opposed to the other in power could be called "rebels"

No modern country is a Paradise and all have internal opposition to the ruling class

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Only the weak display such fear.

The way I see it, we only have 6 months left in this "simulation".

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The rebels are the terrorists; are aware of how many car bombings and other terrorist activities they have been doing?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So, the rebels in Afghanistan are the good guys, even though the majority of Afghans don't want the Taliban back in power but the rebels in Syria are the bad guys even though there is a large percentage of the population who are opposed to the Syrian Government.

I see.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
People are dying in Syria and those who are backing Assad are Iran and Russia because it is Russian bullets and bombs and Iranian Guns and bombs killing Syrian nationals.

Typical blame the Cia without any proof whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Only the weak display such fear.

I have a bible in my left hand and a gun in my right, therefore I fear no man!

Don't confuse preparation and speculation with fear.

The way I see it, we only have 6 months left in this "simulation".

Time will tell if you are correct. I expect it will be a bumpy ride for all of us!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Just for the record, I'm not talking about Obama.

And chuck the bible out. It's useless in this regard.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Just for the record, I'm not talking about Obama.

For the record, I was!

And chuck the bible out. It's useless in this regard.

Your opinion…

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Screw Damascus!!

Let them kill each other
off, let each and last everyone
of them get killed off..

Have no business going in there..

I know America has to have a higher standard,

but DAMN they want to kill each other
GOOD riddance..

Of course the big bad americans
will have to come in and save the day
again from this genocide..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Of course the big bad americans
will have to come in and save the day
again from this genocide..

Never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

Besides, if we go to Syria we’ll be one step closer to Iran! You know he’s going to go after Iran this summer. Obama has to ratchet up the conflicts (distractions) around the ME because he’s got an election coming soon.

Anything to further rape the US economy and keep the world in turmoil!! He's got to stick with the NWO agenda.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Just like the taliban have a quran in one hand and a gun in the other

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Of course they are the good guys. We are using them as a scapegoat for our own purposes.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Similar; the quran and bible are both tangible items that can be held in one’s hand. That is where the similarities stop though. The bible doesn’t promote intolerance and command me to kill infidels.

Nice try though!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The bible doesn’t promote intolerance and command me to kill infidels.

The bible does have pretty violent verses to maybe not directed infidels but women and children are good game:

Ezekiel 9:6 "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women . . . "

Isaiah 13:16 "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished."

Deuteronomy 13:15 "Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly . . . "

Leviticus 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death . . . " Exodus 32:27 ". . . Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour."

Deut 21:10-12 "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; "

Exodus 31:15 " . . . whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

Deut 21:21 "And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die . . .

Secondly the killing infidels part is explicit in self defense.

Nice try
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jun 2012 15:18:09 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by seabag

I'm a bad man
WILD as the taliban
dying for my right
45. in the left hand
edit on 1-6-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Having “violent verses” and “promoting violence” are two very different things.

Muslims are commanded to fight Jews and Christians

“O Prophet! Strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell, an evil refuge indeed” (9:73).

“Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya [the special tax on non-Muslims] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued” (9:29).

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Having “violent verses” and “promoting violence” are two very different things.

The American military is predominately christian, do you know how many people they have killed. Sure seems like promotion of violence to me.

here is a pastor promoting war:

Are you saying war is nonviolent?

Do you know how many people were killed in the Rwanada genocide by Christians?
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jun 2012 15:28:30 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join