It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU think will happen to the USD when Japan and China start direct currency trading Friday?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
TOKYO —
Japan and China will start direct currency trading this week, Tokyo said Tuesday, the first time Beijing has let a major unit other than the dollar swap with the yuan.

The move, which will scrap the greenback as an intermediary unit, comes as China introduces measures as part of a long-term goal of internationalizing its currency to rival the dollar.
www.japantoday.com...

This is another step in the destruction of the US as we know it.
Once the dollar losses reserve status, and once oil no longer is forced to trade in dollars...
look out

SO my question is what do YOU think will happen as the US dollar loses it's reverve status?

edit on 31-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by Danbones because: edited title oops ooops ooops doh! ooops

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i think the USD will strengthen further and that the Euro will experience incalculable downward pressure.

i think the european economy is near collapse; Soviet Union style.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
conspiracy reply to post by Danbones

It will be the beginning of the end....
Other, smaller countries will follow because they think china has good reason to do so. Than more significant, bigger countries will join the club and after that an avalange will take place which will crumble the USD. The artificial healh privided by the US government and banks can not absorb that blow and after the "insiders" have secured their money the signal will be given to let it all go..... into a bottomless dark pit. Panic will break out on the stock markets and american society will collaps into anarchy and survival of the fitest. The only way for the US to make it all go away is WW3. Reset the world economy and end on top...

I do not wish this scenario to happen but how things are going the last few years something seriously bad has to happen. Deliberate mistakes have been made when it came to federal financial policy. Individuals had been 'given' ways to fill their pockets and others in high places joint in...while knowning in the back of their head it to be good to be true, a price will have to be paid some day.... by someone other than themselves of course.

This currency trading happens only if TPTB allow this to happen and you can bet your sweet pumkin pie that highest officials in Japan and China are puppets following orders . If the dollar will collaps it will be part of an agenda, part of the mother of all conspiracies....

The Global Take Over

What a doom... lucky that it is all fiction compilled from some of the many conspiracy threads here on ATS.

edit on 31/5/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I agree the euro is an important wild card in the equasion, but I see the capitol will be fleeing towards the most stable looking haven..which may or may not be the USD...

this may be the motive for this move
an alternative haven

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I agree with that
a game of hot potatoe

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I think there will probably be an earthquake in either Japan or China, courtesy of our clandestine operatives.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Billateral trading means nothing in the grand scheme of the global economy.

Russia and China do it, China and Iran also do it.

So it's not the first time and it's nothign to worry about.

It would be a huge thing if they stopped using the Dollar as the reserve currency in general, but billateral trade?

A non issue.

~Tenth

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

the USD is always the most stable...introducing greater flexibility and choice in the global currency market will strengthen it further, as it will make it more difficult and expensive for currency manipulators to function and act against it.

the Euro is a currency, in my opinion, that benefited from plots formed as the USD, which were easily implemented because of the lack of transaction choices in the market for currency.

once the currency market ceases to be monopolistic/oligopolistic, all currencies that benefit from this reality, will weaken.

its quite clear to me that the Euro was formed as a replacement for the USD. that it is giving up its gains to the USD at present, the introduction of new market realities will be the nail in its coffin and an end to its legendarily short life.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Safe havens moving into China? Laughable. WIth its corruption, angry citizens, currency manipulation and lack in rule of law, it is the worse nation after corrupted african states to have your hoarded wealth in, cos you never know what's gonna happen. A couple of bucks here and there, and that's it.

Same with Japan, of the radiation scare. It is a greying population. But not many investor/gamblers are in the know after all. And investments are gambles anyway. Raise the stakes, earn fast and pull out quick, that's how savvy investors gamble.

When the initial trade in those dollars start, it will rise as the demand for it shoot up, and driving their values high. Think of interest rates and exports. Who will be hurt more, and the eventual returns after a few months? It's a no brainer. The smart investors know corrupt China and fukishima Japan offers no real return, but only a means to con pipe dreamers to park their funds there to be robbed later.

But then, as the say goes..a sucker is born every minute, more so those that thinks forex and stocks are 'hedge against inflation' or 'safe havens'. May they just don't weep when their savings get wiped out and blame others. Bankers and gamblers will smile, but society had enough of picking up greedy fools idiocies.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Im not sure what will happen other than possibly other countries realizing it may be in their best interest to not use the greenback 'middleman' anymore and start trading across straight currency more and more? Maybe another currency will start to emerge as a better choice as the middleman over a period of time?

Here's a thread a made earlier about this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Billateral trading means nothing in the grand scheme of the global economy.

Russia and China do it, China and Iran also do it.

So it's not the first time and it's nothign to worry about.

It would be a huge thing if they stopped using the Dollar as the reserve currency in general, but billateral trade?

A non issue.

~Tenth

Do you not see this as the beginning of the long term effort to remove the US dollar as the reserve currency?

It isn't just China and Japan, BRICS are starting to trade within themselves, the Chinese are increasing their oil deals with Saudi Arabia, how long before they just take the US dollar out of the equation, Africa also.

To me, this just all seems like an overall plan to bring the world into chaos and the answer to come from this conflict as a single world currency. America relies on being the reserve currency of the world, this was built on the oil trade, but countries are showing they do not need the US dollar anymore.

America has proven many times in the past they will act against threats to their currency (even though TPTB actively seek to destory it), it's not hard to believe this in an overall agenda to bring the world to such a position that a one world currency is the answer.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Harvey Organ: JPM Unwinding IRSwaps, Losses ‘COULD BRING DOWN THE WHOLE FINANCIAL SYSTEM’

Harvey believes that the panicked reactions of multiple federal regulatory agencies indicates that JP Morgan’s losses are likely much more critical and severe than the mere $8 billion lost in the IG9 tranche, and states the data indicates JP Morgan is unwinding a portion of its $50 Trillion in interest rate swaps.
Harvey fears that the losses on JP Morgan’s interest rate swaps could already be $100 billion, and ‘COULD BRING DOWN THE WHOLE FINANCIAL SYSTEM OF THE WORLD!‘

Harvey states ‘If JP Morgan’s involved it really is The Fed itself, and if The Fed’s blowing up that will just about be THE explosion heard throughout the world.‘

www.silverdoctors.com...

this is from the 29th of may
if true, it may indicate things are more serious then usual

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
Im not sure what will happen other than possibly other countries realizing it may be in their best interest to not use the greenback 'middleman' anymore and start trading across straight currency more and more? Maybe another currency will start to emerge as a better choice as the middleman over a period of time?

Here's a thread a made earlier about this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks Ns
I guess the mods let me off with just a move

Its possible
if not a faux currency, then the only choice might be commodities and precious metals

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That Japan blame's,,, U.S.of A,,
ie G.E. WestingHouse eta,,Al,,
responsible for Fucushima.
So ,,China and Japan Govt.
just went rougue.
Business wise,,ie American $.
will they join,, the Brick Basket?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This move alone could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. BUT, when you add the recent trade agreement by the BRIC nations, to NOT use the US dollar for trade valuations, the trouble with the EURO, the derivatives bubble about to burst, and many other economic disasters, can the reserve status of the US dollar hold on much longer??? Common sense says no.
I liken all this to a giant chess game that has entered the "check" phase of the game. Can "check mate " be far behind? To me, it seems like Americans are the only ones that don't know the US dollar is a dead man walking. The FED by their own reckless actions over the last few years have deliberately run out of options.
Put the wagons in a circle folks. when this all plays out, you will see the biggest economic collapse that has ever happened in the history of the world, making 1932 look like a walk in the park. All because of some greedy psycopaths who happen to run the world.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

yeah china seems safe as milk ..I mean malomine
they will suffer somewhat too, if the american market collapses
only their currency isn't debt laden..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

yeah that says what it looks like pretty well

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday announced a series of approvals for some of China's biggest government-controlled banks to set up bank holding companies and expand existing operations in the United States.

The U.S. central bank said Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), the biggest bank in China and 70.7 percent-owned by its government, could become a bank holding company. ICBC has total assets worth $2.5 trillion.

The Fed also approved an application by China Investment Corp (CIC), which is an investment vehicle through which the Chinese government invests its foreign exchange reserves, to become a holding company.

It also said Central Huijin Investment, which is controlled by CIC, was approved to become a holding company.

The Fed said the three Chinese banks will become bank holding companies by acquiring up to 80 percent of the voting shares of the The Bank of East Asia (USA), which currently operates 13 branches in New York and California and engages in retail and commercial banking.

www.cnbc.com...

methinks the vultures are winging this a away

also I wonder who underwrote these banks......

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

China has actively pursued using their currency in trade deals. Most of the pacific nationals have already signed up for this, it's been going on for a year now. All New Zealand's trade with China is in Yuan. This started with a Reuters article stating that this was China's objective, and at the time no other media organisation reported it. No comment from any nation, but slowly, with any trade deal with China itself, the Yuan is the currency used.

Must be concerning to some!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

good point Bob:
re fucushima
they can be a very tactical, martial artsie, and art of warish, when they are pissed...and scared and desperate.

the chinese may remember all the way back to the boxer rebellion...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
whomever makes money on this i want a cut.

+++++++++on a cherrier note++
JPM,,teams up with RIM.

Blackberrie.

remember a cut.

It has the Best Servers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join